Jump to content
LinusLoh_1967

SE lock in, activation and duration

Recommended Posts

Hi all,

Need some advice, enlightenment from the more experienced car buyers.

I've owned couple cars before, obviously not new to the car buying thingy. But obviously unaware of diff AD policies wrt SE.

One as I understand it, no lock ins, free to choose and change anytime. Which caught me by surprise, but ok good, why not?

Recently, I made a WhatsApp (ie only WhatsApp, did not even step into showroom show face etc) inquiry to one SE, then made another to a different SE few days later, kena say cannot like that.

I mean, like that also got locked in. This is from one of the high volume German brand lol!

As a consumer, I buy car, not the SE.

Thoughts? Thanks!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was the second SE more chio?

:grin:

Take your business else where if they don't want your money.

  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I forgot the most important question

since you shopping for SE and not car

did you tell them your name is Linus Loh?

:grin:

Next time use a different name with different SE.

Don't copy me but when it come to ladies I like to be Frank and Ernest.

I will be Frank to one lady and Ernest to another.

Edited by Jamesc
  • Praise 3
  • Haha! 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jamesc said:

I forgot the most important question

since you shopping for SE and not car

did you tell them you name is Linus Loh?

:grin:

They ask always. Oh yes, also quote trade in car, got the details

  • Sad 1
  • Haha! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, LinusLoh_1967 said:

They ask always. Oh yes, also quote trade in car, got the details

Aiyah like that then very difficult.

If they got two branch you can go to the other one

maybe they don't know you at the other branch.

If its a different agent selling the same brand even better.

:grin:

↡ Advertisement

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think they lock you in by phone number...

AD name starts with P?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Old-driver said:

I think they lock you in by phone number...

AD name starts with P?

 

You're right! Starts with P!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, LinusLoh_1967 said:

You're right! Starts with P!

use another number lor hehe.

  • Haha! 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LinusLoh_1967 said:

Hi all,

Need some advice, enlightenment from the more experienced car buyers.

I've owned couple cars before, obviously not new to the car buying thingy. But obviously unaware of diff AD policies wrt SE.

One as I understand it, no lock ins, free to choose and change anytime. Which caught me by surprise, but ok good, why not?

Recently, I made a WhatsApp (ie only WhatsApp, did not even step into showroom show face etc) inquiry to one SE, then made another to a different SE few days later, kena say cannot like that.

I mean, like that also got locked in. This is from one of the high volume German brand lol!

As a consumer, I buy car, not the SE.

Thoughts? Thanks!

I think they are trying to create a competition among SEs to undercut one another . And I am sure there are  enough unhealthy competition and stunt among SEs happened before.

  • Praise 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, LinusLoh_1967 said:

You're right! Starts with P!

Brand Start with "B''.?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never use Whatspp.

Must go down to the show room and see the chio SE and then choose that one to buy from.

:grin:

And don't forget to negotiate as much freebies as possible.

 

  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jamesc said:

Was the second SE more chio?

:grin:

Take your business else where if they don't want your money.

Choosing between cheap and chio

Really depends on the kind of ride you're hoping to get. 

😂

  • Haha! 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just get a few prepaid cards and you can have many different phone numbers.

:grin:

  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Turboflat4 said:

Choosing between cheap and chio

Really depends on the kind of ride you're hoping to get. 

😂

Better be careful, some rides may cost half of the owner’s asset / worth😁

  • Haha! 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is to avoid unwanted internal competition between SEs which is not beneficial to the company. If you really feel you prefer the other SE, tell the sales manager. They will arrange. 

  • Praise 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ER-3682 said:

Brand Start with "B''.?

Wah i had the same issue with you, first SE at P for B Brand, show me car but didnt reply my message, keep saying busy.. 

I got intro buy a friend for another SE, went with this SE. PM me if you need this SE Close the deal with him quite good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RH1667 said:

Better be careful, some rides may cost half of the owner’s asset / worth😁

Food for thot. 

I hope you follow internet slang on slags. 😂

↡ Advertisement

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×