Humanity at work! - S’pore man invites 36 elderly cardboard collectors to birthday party, gives them red packet each

kobayashiGT

Internal Moderator

S’pore man invites 36 elderly cardboard collectors to birthday party, gives them red packet each

source: https://mothership.sg/2019/11/birthday-party-cardboard-collector-heartwarming/

chua-bday-party-cover.png

One way to spend your birthday is to throw a huge party.

For one man in Singapore, known only as Chua, he did that just.

However, he also decided to invite very special guests to his birthday celebration.

Threw birthday party, invited elderly cardboard collectors

According to a Facebook post by Happy People Helping People Community on Nov. 1, Chua invited 36 elderly cardboard collectors to his birthday celebration.

The oldest was a 94-year-old woman.

The party took place at 73 Hillcrest Restaurant, along Hillcrest Road in Bukit Timah.

Here are some photos of the event:

chua-bday.jpg

bday.jpg

bday1.jpg

bday2.jpg

bday-all.jpg

Gave them red packet

Apart from treating them to lunch, Chua also gave them a red packet each.

The event was attended by Workers’ Party Sylvia Lim, who helped to distribute the red packets.

bday3.jpg

bday4.jpg

bday5.jpg

bday6.jpg

In the Facebook post, one elderly lady known as Koh was “so happy that she cried”.

She told them that she could use the money to buy diapers for herself and her aged foster mother, who is currently very sickly.

You can see the Facebook post here:

Kudos to Mr Chua for such a generous gesture!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 13

What a nice gesture....until I saw there's a political twist to it.

Dunno what to make of it when rumours of GE is cuming. 😁

It's nice publicity anyway, at the same time can do some good. Where's our president? Do good together mah. 🤣

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 6

1 hour ago, Watwheels said:

It's nice publicity anyway, at the same time can do some good. Where's our president? Do good together mah. 🤣

same thought cross my mind...[laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Praise 5
  • Haha! 3

3 hours ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

How come no one inform me .....  :wut:

I collect part time ... :ignoring:

Part time can only fetch you an ang gu kuay, no ang bao 

• Haha! 3

Internal Moderator

Actually be it got political intention or not, I think it is a good gesture that he did something for the elderly ones.

• Praise 4

7 hours ago, Watwheels said:

Don’t worry, I am sure there will be more coming😁

• Haha! 3

Publicity stunt, some may say, with a political twist.

But has anyone seen our million dollar salaried ministers helping the less privilege, out of their own pocket ?

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

15 hours ago, Ash2017 said:

basket I spotted the sneaking Radx in the photo collecting ang pow

Now what were you doing there ?? You also Karang Guni ?? ....... now don’t say you also table wiper like me there ??

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 1

On 11/4/2019 at 9:24 AM, kobayashiGT said:

S’pore man invites 36 elderly cardboard collectors to birthday party, gives them red packet each

source: https://mothership.sg/2019/11/birthday-party-cardboard-collector-heartwarming/

chua-bday-party-cover.png

One way to spend your birthday is to throw a huge party.

For one man in Singapore, known only as Chua, he did that just.

However, he also decided to invite very special guests to his birthday celebration.

Threw birthday party, invited elderly cardboard collectors

According to a Facebook post by Happy People Helping People Community on Nov. 1, Chua invited 36 elderly cardboard collectors to his birthday celebration.

The oldest was a 94-year-old woman.

The party took place at 73 Hillcrest Restaurant, along Hillcrest Road in Bukit Timah.

Here are some photos of the event:

chua-bday.jpg

bday.jpg

bday1.jpg

bday2.jpg

bday-all.jpg

Gave them red packet

Apart from treating them to lunch, Chua also gave them a red packet each.

The event was attended by Workers’ Party Sylvia Lim, who helped to distribute the red packets.

bday3.jpg

bday4.jpg

bday5.jpg

bday6.jpg

In the Facebook post, one elderly lady known as Koh was “so happy that she cried”.

She told them that she could use the money to buy diapers for herself and her aged foster mother, who is currently very sickly.

You can see the Facebook post here:

The man should distribute the red packets himself.  Some may have thought that they were from Sylvia since she distributed it.

But anyway that's not important.  Most important is the enjoyment of the folks.

👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

• Praise 4

Twincharged
On 11/4/2019 at 10:16 AM, Watwheels said:

pls do not bother our president !

still have not finish counting salary lah …. need some more time.

Edited by Ysc3

Internal Moderator

Woman celebrates 36th birthday by organising buffet and games for elderly at Circuit Road HDB

angeliamain.jpg

While most celebrate their birthday with friends, a woman decided to spend her birthday by bringing joy to the elderly.

Stomper J first shared the story of Angelia and said: "Kind-hearted Angelia spent her birthday with the aged and brought them joy."

J also contributed photos from the event that was held at Block 42 Circuit Road at about 5pm on Sunday (Nov 10).

In an interview with Stomp, Angelia said: "I worked with the Residents' Committee there and opened up this event to all elderly interested.

"I used to live there and I know that most of the old people live on their own.

"This isn't the first time I've organised such an event and I do it quite frequently. 

"I would organise these events about four times in one year, so I would ask the Residents' Committee to help gather elderly interested in going for these events I organise.

"In the past, I used to distribute grocery items to the elderly where they would come and collect the items then return home. That was about six to seven years ago and I've been doing it ever since.

"But I noticed that a lot of these elderly are living alone, so I switch to having buffet meals where they can come and interact with one another.

"Things could happen to those elderly but nobody would know because they are living alone.

"I'm happier whenever I see the elderly people enjoying themselves, being happy and even thanking me at each event."

When asked about the buffet, Angelia said: "I paid for the buffet myself but I'm so happy to see the elderly enjoying the food.

"It may be simple food to us but to them, it's considered to be very good since most of them aren't able to have a proper meal most of the time.

"It was my 36th birthday and also the first time we had an emcee hosting an event like this, so we were all very happy.

"My husband and my nine-year-old son went with me to yesterday's event.

"It's very meaningful because in compared to going shopping, where we get something we want, volunteering allows us to bring joy to others.

"I've always wanted my child to be involved in volunteer work and I was glad to see my son helping out.

"I think it's important to start our kids from a young age -- let them contribute and give back to society.

"A lot of elderly people are in need of companionship. It'll be great to let other people know about this so they can do the same thing."

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2