BANNED - E-scooters to be banned from Singapore's footpaths starting Nov 5

Ct3833

11 hours ago, Wt_know said:

cycle to work/mrt - what happen to the simi automated underground bicycle parking huh, any updates?

the update is liao lwee lor... money flushed down again and again. i think it was $40-$50/mth parking fee for bike. which idiot will do that?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

I have a suggestion for law enforcement 

Since grab food delivery service must start from the food outlets, the officers should station themselves in common food places like shopping malls, big coffeeshops, food courts.  These are where these PMD delivery guys will have to go collect the food package, before delivery journey starts.  

They always park their PMDs on ground floors or roadsides, to collect the food packets. 

And this is where the officers can nab them.   Cannot run away. 

I will write to LTA..... lol 

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

15 minutes ago, Ender said:
  Reveal hidden contents

NPark says cannot. Up to $5000 fine for destroying the grass. 

https://mothership.sg/2019/11/pmd-ride-grass-not-allowed/

I don't know why that doesn't surprise me 🤣

Of course cannot.

Friend once got a parking ticket on his motorbike, not long after starting to ride. Lucky he met polis guy and argued..."Hey, nothing says I cannot park here!"

"You are very correct, sir, but nothing says you can."

• Haha! 5

37 minutes ago, Ender said:
  Reveal hidden contents

NPark says cannot. Up to $5000 fine for destroying the grass. 

https://mothership.sg/2019/11/pmd-ride-grass-not-allowed/

I hope that all PMD riders following the method of PDMs riding on grass as away could read this posting.

For PMDs riding on footpath, now is "advisory period".
For PMDs riding on grass, there is NO "advisory period".

• Haha! 2

1 hour ago, RadX said:

that's why their thinking really befuddles me....like wtf...they oni working ah

In the midst of performing their noble duty to society, maybe they neber heard of this. Fast track career progression, best employer award, no need to worry PMD kena confiscated, no need to worry rain or pedestrian block them, no need to ride on lumpy grass....

Screenshot_20191106-114420_Chrome.jpg

Just look at MCF. Ban some ppl and they are still around. 

If there's a strong enough will, someone will find a way. 

Only thing wont ban is coe. 😂

• Haha! 4

3 hours ago, Wormee said:

These kind of things they very creative haha. 

Backside not pain meh? 

Anyway, still a self pawn video. Cross Junction and certain stretch of footpath he still riding without dismounting. 

Very quickly NEA will add in a no riding PMDs on grass. Seal the fate and see if they can fly next. 

• Praise 1

Just now, Vratenza said:

Backside not pain meh? 

Anyway, still a self pawn video. Cross Junction and certain stretch of footpath he still riding without dismounting. 

Very quickly NEA will add in a no riding PMDs on grass. Seal the fate and see if they can fly next. 

aldy have done so

Riding on grass fine $5000

• Praise 1

3 minutes ago, RadX said:

aldy have done so

Riding on grass fine $5000

Someone pls send the video to NEA.

Thank you very much for your community service! 😁

• Haha! 2

1 minute ago, Vratenza said:

When LTA officers catch the PMDs on grass patch.... How arh? Not their jurisdiction? Or need to have LTA- NEA joint task force? 😁

This one got Npark officer, not LTA. But risk is lower, since we hardly see any Npark officer around. 

2 minutes ago, Ender said:

This one got Npark officer, not LTA. But risk is lower, since we hardly see any Npark officer around. 

well, there may be NEA officers around too, looking for pests...mosquitoes...pests...and these are pests...

so kill 2 birds/pests w one search hahaha

I feel that the authorities has been "slow" in recent years in tackling some of our road issues. First we had the bike sharing scheme which went into many troubles and eventually gone due to unsustainability. Then we now have this PMD saga.

What happen to the foresight and swift actions that was the trademark of our governance? Look at chewing gum........very swift as they anticipated that people is going to stick them onto MRT doors and so on...so whether you like it or not, they are going to ban it. Or ban all dialects from our TV decades ago. 

I seriously hope that the authorities, while embracing new technology, need to put a better study on our current society behaviour and infrastructure to see if certain new disruptions can be supported or not. It looks bad when they try to adopt it, then later need to modify polices, then later find that they have to ban it afterall. When things go this route, it clearly tells me that nobody dares to make a decision, so they let things roll out and let the results make decision for itself.  This is not an example of a strong management.

• Praise 3

5 minutes ago, RadX said:

well, there may be NEA officers around too, looking for pests...mosquitoes...pests...and these are pests...

so kill 2 birds/pests w one search hahaha

That lies in my point...... Our public services are so fragmented.... That they dun use their common sense when it comes to enforcement.... My turf vs your responsibility. 

• Praise 4

2 minutes ago, Vratenza said:

That lies in my point...... Our public services are so fragmented.... That they dun use their common sense when it comes to enforcement.... My turf vs your responsibility. 

what to do...trained in NIMBY...