BANNED - E-scooters to be banned from Singapore's footpaths starting Nov 5

Ct3833

If I can, I spend my time to design a rack that can be mounted on the rear of a bicycle so that the food delivery bag can fit nicely into the rack. So riders when using a bicycle don’t have to carry the bag on their back. 

$$$ 😍

↡ Advertisement

2 minutes ago, Tohto said:

I am confuse, are there really a banned.

I am seeing Grab, Foodpanda E scooters speeding around.

No matter what the law is, there will always be people breaking it. These are xxxholes that give PMD riders a bad name.

13 minutes ago, Tohto said:

Disregarding the law is very much since day 1.

5 hours ago, mikk123 said:

good, i agree with you....which means finding job on  your hp is free and easy and can be done anytime.... my point is why there are people out there crying can't find a job to feed family. 

Are there jobs out there? Of course. Better or worse jobs?

Your logic also applies to those above 40 who complain of agiesm. Cannot find a job meh? Toilet cleaner lor.

40 minutes ago, Vratenza said:

Someone please send him this link on mobility scooters

https://www.mobilityscooters.sg/

These are LTA compliant and should still be allowed to run on the pathways? Can apply for grant too iirc. 

Ah ma type mobility scooter cannot speed...

Twincharged
30 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

If I can, I spend my time to design a rack that can be mounted on the rear of a bicycle so that the food delivery bag can fit nicely into the rack. So riders when using a bicycle don’t have to carry the bag on their back. 

$$$ 😍

There are already carriers for bicycles for ages already....  For your idea,  just have to make the carriers bigger. 

But that will not solve the reckless riding issues. 

I would however like to have the carrier bags to be marked with the employee code on it big and clear. 

So that ppl can identify the joker if the fellow decides to ride recklessly. 

IMHO.

I see it as PMD users fail to self-regulate.
There were "chances" given but self-regulation still did not happen.
Thus,  someone else needs to step in to regulate them.

• Praise 3

25 minutes ago, Tohto said:

These 2 months kanna caught get warning only.. so they can still afford to scoot around..

2 hours ago, Karoon said:

great! where are these 3k++/mth jobs these lowly qualified, possibly ex-cons, and likely unhealthy folks can apply to? 

List a few please, and if possible help arrange to skip the interviews and recruit directly 😄

wah you just chin chye pick what you want to pick de

just curious, what were these same people doing before there were PMDs? CBL?

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

2 minutes ago, Galantspeedz said:

wah you just chin chye pick what you want to pick de

just curious, what were these same people doing before there were PMDs? CBL?

Maybe they were unemployed or working as cleaner... this service lifted them up then the ban plop them down again...wouldnt u be frustrated? put urself in their shoes... how would u like it if the tools u use for ur work was suddenly banned from 90% of the areas u use it in with 1 days notice. In a country with no welfare system and u are on a service contract how to feed family

• Praise 1

32 minutes ago, Tohto said:

they trying their to see govt u-turn the policy or they get caught first [laugh]

3 hours ago, mikk123 said:

oh....'pay is low and long hours'.

everyone wants to have a short cut to good job good pay...so F&B job is not worthy for us. But someone has to do prepare our food, wash our dishes and cook our meal?  if you don't start from the bottom of job chain, how do you become a manager one day and with good pay? please don't assume that those with good pay and good job are people who started with high pay the moment they step out of school.  A lot of F&B bosses starts at the bottom. Sheng Siong boss was a pig farmer. 

The way to good life has no short cut. 

While i agree with the idea of your statement, i don't think it is fair to put it across to all people. Not all people wants to climb the corporate ladder or be an entrepreneur to earn their first pot of gold. Many just want to make ends meet, to provide for their family. So they will find something that can earn the most money possible. Food delivery is quite good actually. Flexi working hours, self employed, no politics and can send a decent amount of money with effort put in. This is good enough for their family or to put their kids through school. 

Generally, i find most PMDs for food delivery behaves better than those kids zooming around for fun, blasting music and blinding people with their super bright lights. 

• Praise 8

15 minutes ago, yishunite said:

Maybe they were unemployed or working as cleaner... this service lifted them up then the ban plop them down again...wouldnt u be frustrated? put urself in their shoes... how would u like it if the tools u use for ur work was suddenly banned from 90% of the areas u use it in with 1 days notice. In a country with no welfare system and u are on a service contract how to feed family

if they ban SBS bus then i LL have to drive to work...

i am neutral to the ban at this moment though it is high handed

humans are by nature selfish.... protection of oneself come first... i am not going to pretend i care about their jobs or leisure since the ban does not affect me.

the PCN outside by backyard is used frequently by these delivery people.... mostly good some bad, other PMD users, old folks, children etc

happen more than once i had to get my child or dog out of the way just for them.... did not see any intention of slowing down....

I can only say i will have no hesitation to push one to the ground to protect my loved ones... as i don't think the ban will have much impact if one chooses to break the law

and not bad if they were unemployed or work as cleaner and can afford PMD, i see some even have better and newer handphone than me

Edited by Galantspeedz
  • Praise 2

dear gahmen, y u ban exos pipe/lup engine. I also never langgar ppl. 

archarlee, if they really want to do it. Just make everyone want to ride Escooter, have to go through licen. Same like for moto, min. age. Then only ppl with licen can ride. All Escooter must have insuran and big big licen plate like moto. No licen go jail. 

Edited by Mockngbrd
  • Praise 6

Last year and back used to avoid the MacDonalds red/grey T shirted guys on delivery Motorbikes whom had no regard for traffic on roads and seen  lesser of late .... I guess they must have moved on to PMD’s and now I guess now those motorbikes will be back on the streets , same daredevils just switched mode of transport 

• Praise 3

31 minutes ago, BanCoe said:

Last year and back used to avoid the MacDonalds red/grey T shirted guys on delivery Motorbikes whom had no regard for traffic on roads and seen  lesser of late .... I guess they must have moved on to PMD’s and now I guess now those motorbikes will be back on the streets , same daredevils just switched mode of transport 

yup ...  and the boys in Spandex will be disappointed. Now must take back crown liao [laugh]

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 4

39 minutes ago, Mockngbrd said:

dear gahmen, y u ban exos pipe/lup engine. I also never langgar ppl. 

archarlee, if they really want to do it. Just make everyone want to ride Escooter, have to go through licen. Same like for moto, min. age. Then only ppl with licen can ride. All Escooter must have insuran and big big licen plate like moto. No licen go jail. 

got license won't speed? [laugh]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1