BANNED - E-scooters to be banned from Singapore's footpaths starting Nov 5

Ct3833

1 hour ago, Kklee said:

IMHO.

I see it as PMD users fail to self-regulate.
There were "chances" given but self-regulation still did not happen.
Thus,  someone else needs to step in to regulate them.

So when got fatal car accident is drivers fail to self regulate, ban cars??

Expecting a group as wide and diverse as "Pmd user" to self regulate is a ridiculous expectation... dun even have an association and even if somehow 100% got existing user to comply any tom dick and harry can go buy one and then now u have an unregulated user. U been drinking too much gahmen koolaid if u believe self regulation is a realistic demand.... never mind the few weeks warning and then ban like as if the pmd userbase is all gathered in one centralize association

Edited by yishunite
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

On 11/6/2019 at 3:09 PM, yishunite said:

Im not pmd user so this dont affect me much

Pros: my neighbour recently bought a escooter for wife to fetch kids from school and park in our common corridor... in fact on my side since his door is slightly further down. But now he got a giant white elephant hope he sell soon as render totally useless for its intended purpose now lol

Cons: i feel sorry for food delivery driver esp those who just responded to UL2722 cert to get new scooter and kena play out by ban- they cant even trade in if they find it useless now. Not like these ppl are high income earner and can easily switch to plain bicycle with a few days notice. In fact how can they even save up to switch if they now banned from their livelihood?

Really screwed up rollout to this

Cannot drag too long cos will run into election period.

No choice but to ban now :nosepick:and I'm sure the scholar folks have run the numbers and figured they'll gain more votes from the non PMD crowd.

In other words, election is likely Q2 2020 :=B:

• Praise 2

2 hours ago, Tohto said:

I am confuse, are there really a banned.

I am seeing Grab, Foodpanda E scooters speeding around.

This is where Grab should be doing something. I am sure they register all their "runners'. If caught and reported,  they will be bar from their list. Who owns Grab and why aren't they supporting LTA?

• Praise 2

56 minutes ago, yishunite said:

So when got fatal car accident is drivers fail to self regulate, ban cars??

Expecting a group as wide and diverse as "Pmd user" to self regulate is a ridiculous expectation... dun even have an association and even if somehow 100% got existing user to comply any tom dick and harry can go buy one and then now u have an unregulated user. U been drinking too much gahmen koolaid if u believe self regulation is a realistic demand.... never mind the few weeks warning and then ban like as if the pmd userbase is all gathered in one centralize association

The effects after self regulation may comes in many forms.  If self regulation in your opinion is ridiculous, then you may want to expect ridiculous regulation.

• Haha! 1

46 minutes ago, Unfazed said:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2463964220320114&id=533717230011499

I think Mr. Brown has some very gd qns here. The sequence of his qns are nicely arranged too. 👍

At the bottom of the post there was a comment by a Mr. Siva on getting his salary cut by 30%.

Actually all of us are not immune to restructuring or layoffs but why are PMD riders complaining?

2 minutes ago, Windwaver said:

At the bottom of the post there was a comment by a Mr. Siva on getting his salary cut by 30%.

Actually all of us are not immune to restructuring or layoffs but why are PMD riders complaining?

49028017397_e02cdfdf3c_b.jpg

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Mockngbrd said:

dear gahmen, y u ban exos pipe/lup engine. I also never langgar ppl. 

archarlee, if they really want to do it. Just make everyone want to ride Escooter, have to go through licen. Same like for moto, min. age. Then only ppl with licen can ride. All Escooter must have insuran and big big licen plate like moto. No licen go jail. 

Or even have a special licensing scheme tied to the employer, the food delivery service company. A dual-scheme, where LTA tests and licenses the riders, but in order to operate the PMD on deliveries, must also have an approval from the company. Not employed = no business riding on foot-paths.

• Praise 2

https://mothership.sg/2019/11/sembawang-pmd-rider-nearly-hit-mother-baby/

Who say only YPs are the rotten apples of the PMD riders.

Just because this is his livelihood and rice bowl and need to feed his family justify for behavior like this?

Those who went to the Meet-The-People session should get together and blanket party such rider instead of kpkb on the ban lol. 

• Praise 3

30 minutes ago, Windwaver said:

Actually most who kana laid off without notice and retrenchment benefits will also complain... Those kanna retrenched by DFS also complain..

• Praise 1

37 minutes ago, Windwaver said:

You won't complain if you suddenly get lay off?

Must be very rich or already at retirement age.

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged
On 11/5/2019 at 6:01 PM, Mustank said:

At least bicycles are powered by the rider so limited in power 

most are not fit because the fit ones want to go on the road 

those not fit will have problem will go at escooter speed for extended period 

I suspect alot escooter people cannot pass won’t be able to ride fast for Long one

The only thing I feel sad for are those disabled food delivery guys who uses escooter. 

• Praise 1

6 minutes ago, Yeshe said:

The only thing I feel sad for are those disabled food delivery guys who uses escooter. 

You don't have to feel sad.  There are very good suggestion here.

Edited by Davidtch
  • Praise 5

I shall not say I feel good but today i feel very safe walking on the road like never before, hardly seeing any escooter zooming past me on the footpath,  I do not have to keep looking back for escooter, I do not have to worry for the safety of my mom.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4
  • Haha! 2