BANNED - E-scooters to be banned from Singapore's footpaths starting Nov 5

Ct3833

1 hour ago, Davidtch said:

From shared bike and PMD incident, it looks like we are still stuck in the 80s.

Looks like LKY way, aka BAN, is the only way that works.

Sadly.

Tommy KOH was right

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

26 minutes ago, Davidtch said:

Did PMA specify must be handicapped?

More accurate, did active mobility act say must be handicapped?

Well...with no disrespect to people with true handicap/disabilities........ If socially and intellectually handicap is included in the AMA, many current si gin nahs PMD riders..especially those that post their displeasure on youtube/Facebook will fit the criteria. 😂

Edited by Vratenza
  • Haha! 5

Just now, Vratenza said:

Well...with no disrespect to people with true handicap/disabilities........ If socially and intellectually handicap is included in the AMA, many current si gin nahs..especially those that post their displeasure on youtube/Facebook will fit the criteria. 😂

Stupidity is a social handicap 

• Praise 2

11 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

Don’t know where this is but if this is the shanmugam MPS, this is what he said:

Engaging PMD Riders

About 30 PMD riders came to see me at my Meet-the-People Session. I met three of them in my Branch office. I then asked to meet the others as well, since they had all come. I met them in an open area outside my Branch. As it was an open area, I told them to come closer around me so that we can hear each other better.

I explained the reasons for the move on PMDs. They explained their position, their difficulties. I said we understood their position, but I would also convey their views to MOT, and to Cabinet. The riders were appreciative. It was a good, civil meeting.

I also told them that I will call for another meeting.

At the session, we noticed that someone was  standing behind the group and taking photos, not sure if he was also recording . We knew who he was - Edmund Loke
It later came to our attention that he had posted the photo on FB, and then took it down. 

He had  previously posted an online petition calling for a ban on PMDs. He didn’t seem to be part of the PMD group, but seems to have intended to convey an impression of the meeting which is quite inaccurate - that in some way I was ambushed by the PMD riders, and they surrounded me.

Such conduct is both sneaky and unnecessary, when we try and deal with issues in good faith. We know he is a supporter of a political party.

He’s more concerned about the guy. 🙄

He seems insecure, and that is what I also observed from his party as well.

Anyway, going back to this topic, I have a nagging thought that this ban will not be the end all be all. Maybe like what Mock said, there will be licensing, or maybe licensing and penalty will be on the delivery companies going forward.

• Praise 3

2 minutes ago, Weez911 said:

Anyway, going back to this topic, I have a nagging thought that this ban will not be the end all be all. Maybe like what Mock said, there will be licensing, or maybe licensing and penalty will be on the delivery companies going forward.

笑面虎。

Don’t even trust him one bit.

8 minutes ago, Vratenza said:

Well...with no disrespect to people with true handicap/disabilities........ If socially and intellectually handicap is included in the AMA, many current si gin nahs PMD riders..especially those that post their displeasure on youtube/Facebook will fit the criteria. 😂

In 6 mths, these "handicapped" ginna may be riding modded PMA.

8 minutes ago, Weez911 said:

Beijing mandated it since 2018

https://www.thebeijinger.com/blog/2018/06/07/beijing-e-bikes-will-require-license-drive-limited-speeds-under-15kmh

16 minutes ago, Blueray said:

E-scooter rider jailed after crash causes 6-year-old to suffer brief hearing loss

Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/e-scooter-rider-jailed-punggol-park-crash-hearing-loss-12072676

let's see how many more PMD accidents on PCNs before they get banned from PCNs as well. 

just ban the whole damn lot

• Praise 1

18 minutes ago, Blueray said:

E-scooter rider jailed after crash causes 6-year-old to suffer brief hearing loss

Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/e-scooter-rider-jailed-punggol-park-crash-hearing-loss-12072676

let's see how many more PMD accidents on PCNs before they get banned from PCNs as well. 

Hmmm, report is not conclusive. If its a bicycle? Maybe is the boy bo hiew lan? Got down the bike and just walk without checking? 

• Praise 2

50 minutes ago, RadX said:

Stupidity is a social handicap 

Absolutely agreed. There's no cure for stupidity. Worst than cancer. Lol

IMO, it all starts with inadequate planning

LTA should construct two levels shelters for all footpaths where the upper level can be used by PMDs

Engineering wise, it should be feasible

Unfortunately, this was not done and we have to witness these current mishaps which caused a lot of unnecessary agonies to all

21 minutes ago, Othello said:

Hmmm, report is not conclusive. If its a bicycle? Maybe is the boy bo hiew lan? Got down the bike and just walk without checking? 

He told his grandmother he wanted to get off the bike and he did so. The elderly woman continued cycling as the child ran along. 

Neo had a clear view of the path that the boy was running on, but did not slow down, said Deputy Public Prosecutor R Arvindren.

Suddenly, the boy crossed over from the left side of the park connector to the right.

To be objective, the boy suddenly ran across from the left to the right. A bicycle would have caused the same injury I believe.

• Praise 1

20 minutes ago, Net1sg1969 said:

IMO, it all starts with inadequate planning

LTA should construct two levels shelters for all footpaths where the upper level can be used by PMDs

Engineering wise, it should be feasible

Unfortunately, this was not done and we have to witness these current mishaps which caused a lot of unnecessary agonies to all

Feasible but you and I going to pay more tax to fund it?

I think the PMDs should ride in the longkang if it is big enough , no one will notice nor complain! 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Davidtch said:

In 6 mths, these "handicapped" ginna may be riding modded PMA.

Sg will soon be the only place in the world where the "handicapped" work to deliver food to the able-bodied.....lol

• Haha! 6

5 minutes ago, Soya said:

Sg will soon be the only place in the world where the "handicapped" work to deliver food to the able-bodied.....lol

I thought i posted a photo of handicapped work to deliver food to the able-bodied

1 hour ago, Unfazed said:

I keep asking inside my head why do we only react when mishaps happen? Near misses are already tell tale signs. Why cant we be more proactive on ground and be preventive? Is it a tall order to look into it when near misses occured?

Why only ban then listen? Why not listen then ban & firmly stick to ban decision? If say ban, then ban. Why lead rider by nose making so many changes for compliance then only come to a ban?

I thought the reasons we got here is obvious. 

this hooligan-pmd issue is a heartland issue - our atas ministars will not see the effects. 

So they think will be able to regulate their way out and bought into their own “last mile” slogan - which looks very good on a PowerPoint slide and probably “if fail, can still ban; give it a chance ” - not understanding people likelihood at stake. This is not a simple on- off switch.  

but with Deaths and injuries inevitably mounting - they got scared cause near elections - effectively placing old people and the young at risk on our footpaths. 

So ban is quick - and now riders need to fight back - and all angry cause taken for a ride - Cause most complied at every step - the registration, safe riding, ul2272 and all - all betrayed. 

what does this whole saga show? 

The decision maker on this issue has little wisdom and worse -  groupthink. No one told this joker the end game - need to accept scooter deaths like bicycles, like cars. 

one   way is to see how other cities react and talk to those residents and know their deaths - New York bans them because their politicians walk the streets and have unpleasant experiences with these scooters. 

I know I say all these now in hindsight haha. But I not paid millions to figure this out Hor. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1