BANNED - E-scooters to be banned from Singapore's footpaths starting Nov 5

Ct3833

On 11/6/2019 at 7:04 PM, Fcw75 said:

Yes always said that they can come out with a roll of toilet paper of rules and regulations but lack of enforcement also no use.

All hail the 4G leaders!

Dont waste the toilet papers. I used it for my curtains better...

slpt-save-money-on-expensive-curtains-by-using-toilet-43553469.thumb.png.63c40f8fae7bff49868e95f234cc79ee.png

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 6

4 minutes ago, RadX said:

Most taht I know do it for

flexibility and family time counts as the main reason. They are fluid, disciplined and save for the future as well thru various means like cpf, investments etc.  not to say that these riders dun but I can bet, they make a minority. The majority live hand to mouth..

I understand some delivery riders bought LTA-compliant scooter via installment scheme, thinking they can pay off the installments from delivery fees....

now kena stuck with paying installments. And probably can't sell the scooter without incurring significant losses.

1 minute ago, JohnSHL said:

I understand some delivery riders bought LTA-compliant scooter via installment scheme, thinking they can pay off the installments from delivery fees....

now kena stuck with paying installments. And probably can't sell the scooter without incurring significant losses.

Cut a long story short

they did themselves in. I have no sympathy anymore considering the recklessness from the majority I see

i say this, “you die is your own business” as you asked for it

its a harsh world! Deal with it

• Praise 2

I think ppl got to see the stark difference between loss of job/money/pmd vs loss of life/crippled for life or something along that.

Loss of job/money whatever there are other jobs out there. If you have made losses buying a new pmd you can earn it back. But if you lose your life or somebody lost their life due to pmd accidents it's money cannot buy back. Crippled for life is even worse. 

So please lah. Open your mind and open your eyes. See the stark difference between the two.

• Praise 4

1 hour ago, RadX said:

Cut a long story short

they did themselves in. I have no sympathy anymore considering the recklessness from the majority I see

i say this, “you die is your own business” as you asked for it

its a harsh world! Deal with it

Majority? There is 100k registered pmds in Sg and is there 50k incidents to constitute "majority"?

23 minutes ago, yishunite said:

Majority? There is 100k registered pmds in Sg and is there 50k incidents to constitute "majority"?

Which part of “I see” you do not understand 

• Praise 1

4 hours ago, Net1sg1969 said:

IMO, it all starts with inadequate planning

LTA should construct two levels shelters for all footpaths where the upper level can be used by PMDs

Engineering wise, it should be feasible

Unfortunately, this was not done and we have to witness these current mishaps which caused a lot of unnecessary agonies to all

Footpaths existed decades ago but PMDs have  started to boom only a short few years ago. 

2 hours ago, Watwheels said:

I think ppl got to see the stark difference between loss of job/money/pmd vs loss of life/crippled for life or something along that.

Loss of job/money whatever there are other jobs out there. If you have made losses buying a new pmd you can earn it back. But if you lose your life or somebody lost their life due to pmd accidents it's money cannot buy back. Crippled for life is even worse. 

So please lah. Open your mind and open your eyes. See the stark difference between the two.

Yalor.

And, No PMD got no job?

got hands got feet, can cycle to deliver. or use LTA compliant electric bicycle.  

Only thing is cannot anyhow zip here and there like before causing a nuisance.  

• Praise 5

Once the pmd genie is out off the bottle, very hard to put it back inside.

Actually to protect footpath users, all that's needed to deter pmd or at least slow the speeders is to construct small humps on the paths

Think this will prompt more bikes on the footpath or more e-bikes on the roads.. so probably end up bicycles getting into accidents with pedestrians on footpath.. or more e-bikes getting accidents with vehicles on the road..

• Praise 1