BANNED - E-scooters to be banned from Singapore's footpaths starting Nov 5

Ct3833

29 minutes ago, Davidtch said:

I don't experience it both on the road and pedestrian path.

You haven’t been to Yishun recently I guess. That area is anything goes. What ban?

• Haha! 3

Anyway, govt really F a lot of businesses with their policies in recent years. This time is the companies that bring in PMDs. 

Few months back, they ban those vending machine with a mystery gift box and said it’s a form of gambling. Those companies that bring in those machines kenna played big time. Now they use the machine to sell useless things at mall coz they leased the space from the mall.

Good, make more people dulan with PAP.

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 5

Twincharged
7 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

You haven’t been to Yishun recently I guess. That area is anything goes. What ban?

GrabFood cyclist reportedly pushed off of footpath by pedestrian because of ban

"The latest news along this vein concerns a Grabfood cyclist, who was allegedly pushed by a pedestrian at an estate in Yishun Avenue 11. Netizen Liew Yong Liang posted a photo on Facebook showing GrabFood delivery riders sitting on the grass beside their PMDs in the foreground, while two policemen are seen talking to a woman at the back of the photo.

Mr Liew wrote, “Pedestrian pushing down a fellow Grabfood cyclist on a PCN after signaling from a far, slowly pass by them and got pushed down by a pedestrian. Still can yell at the fellow Grabfood cyclist, ‘YOU HOW CAN CYCLE HERE?!’”

Twincharged
4 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

Anyway, govt really F a lot of businesses with their policies in recent years. This time is the companies that bring in PMDs. 

read that a lot of businesses ordered huge numbers of PMDs for the 11/11 sale … but now all stuck with unsellable stuffs !!

6 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

Few months back, they ban those vending machine with a mystery gift box and said it’s a form of gambling. Those companies that bring in those machines kenna played big time. Now they use the machine to sell useless things at mall coz they leased the space from the mall.

Good, make more people dulan with PAP.

Vending machine with a mystery gift box? I missed out on that, didnt know about this machine appeared here before? Lol.

Whether people dulan with P*P or not doesnt make a big difference to their policies much la.

17 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

My personal observation is There are quite a lot of these gangsters in Yishun. Not sure why,everything I go there to visit my relative, felt the entire Yishun area doesn’t feel right. 

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Philipkee said:

Actually there is a way to solve this. 

You can ban PMD from pavements with exception to uniformed people on duty like food deliveries.  If there is any accident, the company will cover.  Meaning if a food panda rider causes an accident or is involved in an accident, food panda's insurance will be claimed.  Win win for all.  So if a grab food rider is caught speeding in the road, fine.  You cant catch him cos he hide in hdb.  You just fine grab food for every such incident.  Meaning if the grab food rider is caught speeding on the road, it's one offence.  Now he dashes under the block and speed where banned.  Its second offence.  Once food delivery companies have to pay out for accidents or offences, they will auto self regulate.

The reason why I specify exceptions for uniformed personnel on duty is cos I do not know if there will be any spill over effects to people using PMD for official duty (changi airport security using segeways) and who knows else where.  Last thing anyone wants is photos of soldiers or officers doing patrol with PMD....

Ban can remain with exception for those doing duty or their job but importance is accountability.   Mandate that grab food insure their riders, same for food panda.... and any offences by their riders the company will be held responsible (vicarious liability).  But those just riding for leisure?  The ban stays. 

This is probably more palatable and since there is someone to fine for offenses, money will roll in...

philip

Grab and other delivery companies T shirts would be the best selling piece of item any PMD owner would buy.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 6

1 hour ago, Ash2017 said:

the same can be said about smoking and its effect

we all know and confirmed, that is, proven beyond any doubt, that smoking including 2nd hand smoke can cause devastating morbidity to the individual, social consequences - families lost of bread winner etc and death.

Innocent non-smokers forced to inhale toxic second hand smoke. Some are more susceptible to cancer or lung diseases will suffer. Yet this group of individuals suffer silently, largely, because effects are not immediate like death from accident with blood all over.

Should we ban smoking all together too?

Should ban smoking as well. There is nothing positive about smoking.

At least the food delivery people are providing service to people while earning a salary, supporting their family.

• Praise 5
  • Haha! 1

lol. found the smoker.

bloody smokers like you should be made to wear a plastic bag over your head when you smoke so you can kill yourself instead of others.

Edited by Kusje
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

20 minutes ago, mikk123 said:

Smoking compared to escooter? is like compare sugar to kitchen knife, sugar kills you slowly and knife kills you instantly. let's ban both too.... 

escooter poses immediate danger to our life, Smoking is not. most of the time, the victim is the smoker, not the bystander. 

i think you talk cock better then cock itself

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Weez911 said:

Should ban smoking as well. There is nothing positive about smoking.

At least the food delivery people are providing service to people while earning a salary, supporting their family.

As it is, smoking is already banned in many public places and enforcement is quite strong.   

Smoking unlike drinking does not cause a person to lose his judgement and consciousness.  So its better that alcohol is banned.  So many cases of drunk people causing problems.

getting into fights, hurting their own families, accidents, etc etc...

Ban the sale of alcohol and the consumption of alcohol better.

Muayhhahahhahahahah

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 3

45 minutes ago, Kusje said:

lol. found the smoker.

bloody smokers like you should be made to wear a plastic bag over your head when you smoke so you can kill yourself instead of others.

As long as they smoke in a place which is away from general public, its perfectly fine.  

Thats the curent laws today. So its definitely adequate.

4 minutes ago, Throttle2 said:

As long as they smoke in a place which is away from general public, its perfectly fine.  

you sure

when PMD was introduced, the law makers believed the laws at that time was more than adequate. 

since then how many news laws were passed to change and add to the existing laws.

alcohol if abused cause problems

smoking even if you dont smoke like a chimney already cause problems

if we can ban innocent chewing gum, i don't understand why we cannot ban smoking

• Praise 2

27 minutes ago, Throttle2 said:

Laws are adequate but enforcement is not. You might not know because you don't take the bus and don't stay at bus stops.

It is the same for pmds. Speeding is against the law and so is riding recklessly and hitting people. Where's the enforcement?

2 hours ago, Ash2017 said:

philip

Grab and other delivery companies T shirts would be the best selling piece of item any PMD owner would buy.

Not true. Once you start fining the companies, the companies will do their best to make their uniforms unique and not to be bought by outsiders.  

If for example someone is wearing grab shirt and found to wear this shirt when  not a staff, like in am accident, jail him or sue him for misrepresentation.  I think where there's a will there's a way.

Then step up enforcement for leisure riders who flout the rules.  Or ban leisure riders from footpaths like  now.

Edited by Philipkee
↡ Advertisement