BANNED - E-scooters to be banned from Singapore's footpaths starting Nov 5

Ct3833

50 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

Before PMDs are allowed to roam freely on footpath, road and common space, there is NEVER any food delivery services? Motorcycle, bicycle, kick scooter, etc. are the main mode of transport for these delivery personnel isn't it? And I vividly remembered many even delivery food on foot power...

Under the recommendation of Active Mobility Advisory Panel, our government then legalized the use of PMD, and after the occurrence of many foreseeable accidents and fire, they do a U-turn and ban all PMD on foot path (hei this is still not a TOTAL BAN yet OK?)

And to "take care" of delivery personnel who has to rely on PMD for a living, they decided to dig into tax payer $$$ to "solve" the problem, which they have created?!![furious][furious]

Can we tax payer sue them for misuse of public fund, and WP to table a motion to recuse all those concerns from financial related matter???:XD:

oh oh our engineer is upset

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

35 minutes ago, RadX said:

I wun b surprised these clowns will take the $$ go buy ciggie 

Knowing how kiasu civil servants are, Grab riders might need to fill up form together with supporting receipt.  The supporting receipt must have serial number of the replacement device.  Lastly, the replacement device together with receipt will be inspected at 1 of the authorised inspection before payment will be made.

• Haha! 4

18 minutes ago, Soya said:

Basket. I pay my taxes swee swee and they so cheapo Bicentennial Bonus oso say i not entitled to get 1 cent

But they happily reward these public menaces instead. Bravo 4G

The Ministry of Transport (MOT) on Friday (Nov 😎 said the Government and three major food delivery companies set up this e-scooter Trade-in Grant for affected delivery riders to switch to bicycles, power-assisted bicycles or personal mobility aids. Riders can begin to trade in their e-scooters from next Friday.

50 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

Before PMDs are allowed to roam freely on footpath, road and common space, there is NEVER any food delivery services? Motorcycle, bicycle, kick scooter, etc. are the main mode of transport for these delivery personnel isn't it? And I vividly remembered many even delivery food on foot power...

Under the recommendation of Active Mobility Advisory Panel, our government then legalized the use of PMD, and after the occurrence of many foreseeable accidents and fire, they do a U-turn and ban all PMD on foot path (hei this is still not a TOTAL BAN yet OK?)

And to "take care" of delivery personnel who has to rely on PMD for a living, they decided to dig into tax payer $$$ to "solve" the problem, which they have created?!![furious][furious]

Can we tax payer sue them for misuse of public fund, and WP to table a motion to recuse all those concerns from financial related matter???:XD:

I have told my team today that no matter how busy they are in office, try to go out and have lunch instead of depending on all these food delivery service , a bit of walking will help stimulate brain cells.

When the demand dry up, these food delivery farkers will eventually die a natural death .

• Praise 3

46 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

No governments in the world have money, all their money come from their people  like us, income tax, COE, ARF, property tax ,ERP, gst, stamp duties etc etc, so whatever they do, they are using your money😄😄

Let me rephrase for @Tkseah

Govt spending taxpayer money to solve the problem THEY CREATED...

• Praise 6
  • Haha! 1

Expect more road accidents with these food delivery.

I'm not sure why MOT did not consider those who are not doing food delivery but use them to send kids to school for example. 

The poor decision and knee jerk reaction to protests show how bad policies are planned these days by the political party and ministries.

• Praise 1

Those people with commercial vehicle should KPKB when your COE is ending.... KPKB the van is your livelihood, need to do delivery, COE ending no $ renew, can trade in old vehicle for 50% discount on COE?

• Praise 2

35 minutes ago, Throttle2 said:

Damn lanchiao. Now got $7mil grant given to PMD users who do delivery.

nimpei drive minivan for delivery can get discount on Road tax boh??

f**king the taxpayers again

they will recoup from the fines come 1 jan. only need to find 3,500 stubborn pavement riders.

• Haha! 1

11 minutes ago, Karoon said:

they will recoup from the fines come 1 jan. only need to find 3,500 stubborn pavement riders.

Yes. Pls use the money to pay Bicentennial bonus to the rest of us who are also earning an honest living and paying (lots) taxes

• Praise 1

22 minutes ago, Alg said:

Those people with commercial vehicle should KPKB when your COE is ending.... KPKB the van is your livelihood, need to do delivery, COE ending no $ renew, can trade in old vehicle for 50% discount on COE?

Didn't govt give a shitload of  money for commercial vehicles to euro 6?

Why never kpkb then

• Haha! 2

Sad day for MCF hahaha

So many were happy with the escooter ban

Now Government taking tax money to buy all of them ebikes

And now just waiting for 10,000 ebikes to flood the roads

Spandex ang mo was a problem on the road, i wonder how these ebikes will be like on the roads

Edited by Aventador
  • Praise 4
  • Haha! 1

52 minutes ago, awhtc said:

Expect more road accidents with these food delivery.

I'm not sure why MOT did not consider those who are not doing food delivery but use them to send kids to school for example. 

The poor decision and knee jerk reaction to protests show how bad policies are planned these days by the political party and ministries.

Sending kids to school on PMDs are not safe at all.

PMDs only make life easier for the guardian while endangering the child. 

Good to ban for the sake of the children. 

• Praise 5

6 minutes ago, Aventador said:

Sad day for MCF hahaha

So many were happy with the escooter ban

Now Government taking tax money to buy all of them ebikes

And now just waiting for 10,000 ebikes to flood the roads

Spandex ang mo was a problem on the road, i wonder how these ebikes will be like on the roads

Nothing to be happy as PMA can be use on footpath.

• Praise 1

13 minutes ago, Kusje said:

Hoping they will ban public smoking one day

Basically they have.

i am hoping that when they ban smoking, they also ban alcohol drinking

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2