BANNED - E-scooters to be banned from Singapore's footpaths starting Nov 5

Ct3833

This ban and 7m subsidy somehow feels like bolehland govt implementation of rules. 

4G leaders are a JOKE! 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5

1 hour ago, Ash2017 said:

ah kee

if pmd rider dare to modify their vehicle to travel faster than 70 km/h on roads, do you think they would be worried about being caught for wearing Grab t shirt.

what about relatives and friends buying for them.

i think in your previous life you must have been a saint

Sure beats being a cockroach 😂

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

30 minutes ago, Vratenza said:

Sending kids to school on PMDs are not safe at all.

PMDs only make life easier for the guardian while endangering the child. 

Good to ban for the sake of the children. 

On the contrary, all the PMDs riders ferrying kids to school I came across had been very careful riders.

It will be more dangerous to fetch kids on e-bikes or bicycles as a slight knock on them by vehicles or if they accidentally slip could result in fatal accidents.

There is a good chance the e-bikes could be used on major roads for food delivery, and major road accidents are much more unforgiving.

Edited by awhtc
  • Praise 1

3 hours ago, Ash2017 said:

you sure

when PMD was introduced, the law makers believed the laws at that time was more than adequate. 

since then how many news laws were passed to change and add to the existing laws.

alcohol if abused cause problems

smoking even if you dont smoke like a chimney already cause problems

if we can ban innocent chewing gum, i don't understand why we cannot ban smoking

Tobacco tax is worth more than 1.3 Bn, that's more than petroleum duties and liquor (I am surprised!).... 

Better don't ban! IRAS will come after the non smokers to make up the difference! 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 4

10 minutes ago, RadX said:

Sure beats being a cockroach 😂

you just got to hit below the belt and get me excited

please help Ah Kee

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

1 minute ago, Ash2017 said:

you just got to hit below the belt and get me excited

please help Ah Kee

Go find patron saint of insects

• Haha! 1

E-bikes are just as deadly.

Driver jailed over accident that killed 2 e-bike riders

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/courts-crime/driver-jailed-over-accident-that-killed-2-e-bike-riders

E-bike accidents rising

https://www.torque.com.sg/news/e-bike-accidents-rising/

Man turns himself in for e-bike hit-and-run

https://www.tnp.sg/news/singapore/man-turns-himself-e-bike-hit-and-run

E-bike in accident was so fast that 'I thought it was a motorcycle'

https://www.asiaone.com/ebike-accident-was-so-fast-i-thought-it-was-motorcycle

• Praise 3

19 minutes ago, RadX said:

Go find patron saint of insects

Basket weekend soon and got to give me homework

OK OK OK

finally found the Saint of Insects - Saint Radx

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Vratenza said:

I agree, the traffic police so harsh on Drivers using the correct child seat to carry “chewren” and will issue “sammon” if caught not using child seat while LTA is ok to let chewren sit on e scooter with parent speeding along PCN connector and footpath.

I salute garment ah!

• Praise 5
  • Haha! 2

1 minute ago, Fcw75 said:

So thats all they can think of? Pushing PMDs to e-bike and let them run amok on the road now?

So soon drivers have to be alert on the road liao?!

Ebikes are much bigger and heavier, so impacts more likely to cause serious injury. Really this policy no head no tail. Roll dice check tealeaf also can come up with better one

• Praise 3

1 hour ago, Vratenza said:

Yet somehow the thousands of parents doing it everywhere all over the island everyday not one incident reported

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, awhtc said:

On the contrary, all the PMDs riders ferrying kids to school I came across had been very careful riders.

It will be more dangerous to fetch kids on e-bikes or bicycles as a slight knock on them by vehicles or if they accidentally slip could result in fatal accidents.

There is a good chance the e-bikes could be used on major roads for food delivery, and major road accidents are much more unforgiving.

It is like saying just because one drive slowly and carefully, the child no need to be in child seat and belted up.... 

• Praise 1

6 minutes ago, yishunite said:

Yet somehow the thousands of parents doing it everywhere all over the island everyday not one incident reported

Garment hate cars mah. Typical 2 headed snake , on one hand say must car lite and on the other hand use tax payer manee $$$ including COE and ARF etc collected to subsidise these e scooter farkers with the new $7 million incentives 🤣.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/e-scooters-1000-trade-in-7-million-etg-food-delivery-riders-12076228

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, Davidtch said:

Nothing to be happy as PMA can be use on footpath.

Next they will ban bicycles and Power-Assisted Bicycles (PAB) on footpath. Most of the footpaths in the heartlands are just too narrow for safe sharing by both pedestrians and cyclists (e or no e). Was ok before the gig economy took off but with 10,000 supposedly safer and slower ebikes replacing PMD, zero incident is just a pipe dream. But I am not as clever as our civil servants, so what do i know? 

Will they then end up on the roads?  There are no perfect solution, only compromises. 

And after govt spent $7m of taxpayers money and the problem is still not resolved, more people will be baying for blood.  They should just ban the gig economy and create more $3k a month jobs for everyone.  

Need to fix the infrastructure, social grace and up enforcement.

• Haha! 1

14 minutes ago, yishunite said:

Just not news worthy. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1