BANNED - E-scooters to be banned from Singapore's footpaths starting Nov 5

Ct3833

16 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

Before PMDs are allowed to roam freely on footpath, road and common space, there is NEVER any food delivery services? Motorcycle, bicycle, kick scooter, etc. are the main mode of transport for these delivery personnel isn't it? And I vividly remembered many even delivery food on foot power...

Under the recommendation of Active Mobility Advisory Panel, our government then legalized the use of PMD, and after the occurrence of many foreseeable accidents and fire, they do a U-turn and ban all PMD on foot path (hei this is still not a TOTAL BAN yet OK?)

And to "take care" of delivery personnel who has to rely on PMD for a living, they decided to dig into tax payer $$$ to "solve" the problem, which they have created?!![furious][furious]

Can we tax payer sue them for misuse of public fund, and WP to table a motion to recuse all those concerns from financial related matter???:XD:

It seems that the word "recuse" is the most mentioned word of late!🤣

Because of the crowd that visited so many MPS, they were taken for ransom. Boh pian, ll to fork out $$$ to pacify the angry souls to prevent another HK!

One thing for sure, some PAB factories are running extra production lines now!:XD:

Edited by Fitvip
↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 3

Time for them to get another 7mil for the victim of PMD as well. Especially the 6yeat old that when deaf .. imagine a life time of pain and childhood robbed because of an irresponsible act .

those that died or paralysed should also be having a group of people banded together to get the MP to think about the funds required.. may be even 70mil is not enough

Edited by Sdf4786k
  • Praise 3

23 minutes ago, Weez911 said:

It's not hard to understand why 7m has been earmarked for affected PMD delivery workers.

I reckon most of our pap MP stay in landed properties. It's not so convenient for them to just "go downstair" to buy food, and they are public people so maybe they want to stay out of the limelight. They probably use such delivery services most frequently....

this is a pure waste of our money, thats why we need opposition to dig how these 7m is spend.

u take all the food delivery worker and buy them 1 lta approve electric bike, less then 2k sgd each.

do we need 7m????? 干

• Praise 3

If I may use a real life example to describe the latest move: Watching cartoon on iPad / tablet is bad for a young kid... So parent no longer buy tablet for their kids, but pass their handphone to their child when having their meal. Isn't the risk of getting myopia the same for tablet or handphone?

I share the concerns with many other road and common space users, as with this latest twist / flip / prata (please circle the most correct answer yourself), the inherent safety issues with power assisted personal transport remains the same, if not worsen.

Likelihood of getting hit by PMD/PAB: Same, as long as they are still sharing space with pedestrian and road user (think about the interaction between PAB with pedestrian at traffic junction)

Severity of injury upon getting hit by PMD/PAB: PAB posed a higher injury severity, as they are heavier (up to 20Kg) and allowed to travel up to 25Km/h (PMD has limit as low as 10Km/h)

Sorry for throwing so many figures and technical terms, but as mentioned by @Ash2017, I am engineering trained, and I go by facts and figures to support my claims. Happy to discuss further if any of you have a different opinion from mine.

• Praise 9

2 minutes ago, Sdf4786k said:

Time for them to get another 7mil for the victim of PMD as well. Especially the 6yeat old that when deaf .. imagine a life time of pain and childhood robbed because of an irresponsible act .

those that died or paralysed should also be having a group of people banded together to get the MP to think about the funds required.. may be even 70mil is not enough

Hmmm.....did the MPs set up a $7M compensation fund for those who kena bang by uninsured chao ah beng on PMDs?

No? But setting up a $7M fund to reward those culprits is fine. Bravo 4G

• Praise 5

8 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

If I may use a real life example to describe the latest move: Watching cartoon on iPad / tablet is bad for a young kid... So parent no longer buy tablet for their kids, but pass their handphone to their child when having their meal. Isn't the risk of getting myopia the same for tablet or handphone?

I share the concerns with many other road and common space users, as with this latest twist / flip / prata (please circle the most correct answer yourself), the inherent safety issues with power assisted personal transport remains the same, if not worsen.

Likelihood of getting hit by PMD/PAB: Same, as long as they are still sharing space with pedestrian and road user (think about the interaction between PAB with pedestrian at traffic junction)

Severity of injury upon getting hit by PMD/PAB: PAB posed a higher injury severity, as they are heavier (up to 20Kg) and allowed to travel up to 25Km/h (PMD has limit as low as 10Km/h)

Sorry for throwing so many figures and technical terms, but as mentioned by @Ash2017, I am engineering trained, and I go by facts and figures to support my claims. Happy to discuss further if any of you have a different opinion from mine.

you think anybody dare.... I want to contradict you I also have to think millions time

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 1

9 hours ago, JohnSHL said:

few mths down the road (no pun intended), there will probably be more PAB incidents - a % of which will be gruesome and/or fatal - and we will then get roti telur bawang with kari ikan fresh n piping hot fm policy makers.

The only problem is that, I scared the shift from those young punks from riding pmd to ebikes.. These are the ones that form the majority of the rotten apples.. 

Also for businesses, the thing they most afraid is uncertainty.. Like for this case, policy keep changing and if the change is immediate, the policy change affect them, how? So when government keep changing policy and put it in immediate effect.. In long run it may affect companies confidence to set up business here. 

Edited by Yewheng

This PMD nonsense is a problem created by the gov in view of going car-lite! 

Shared bicycles had failed. Now PMD.

Now e-scooters to e-bike. I can see anotter set of problem coming... lol

Simi sai car-lite nonsense! Lol

• Praise 5

34 minutes ago, No_worries said:

They will ‘continue to fight for the un banning of PMD on footpath’. Very arrogant .

https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/delivery-riders-cite-safety-concerns-if-they-were-use-bicycles-work

Now they are the receiving end if there's an accident on the road , suddenly safety is a big concern to them . 🤣

While they were riding recklessly on footpath, howcome never had safety concern for the pedestrian? 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

13 hours ago, awhtc said:

Even a slow 50 km/h car crash will cause an un-belted child to become a projectile.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2-_fSRT18o

I was involved in a 3-tonner crash many years ago as a passenger at the back (before SAF implemented seat belts).  A crash at 50 km/h sent the entire group of us crashing into one another with painful bruises.  Fortunately, we were not carrying rifles.

Once you are in a car, there is no safe speed.  You can be a safe driver, but other drivers may not.

Again, I ask, what is wrong with walking and bus for purpose of buying food from the neighbourhood or sending children to school? 

What is wrong with kick scooter, cycling (cheaper than pmd) or motorcycle for food deliveries? 

What is wrong with exercise? 

What is wrong with mobility aids for people with real disabilities? 

• Praise 3

48 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

agreed.

TL; DR version - they didn't want to admit a mistake(s) because very siah suay, so instead of doing a U-turn, they did a 360deg on a roundabout.

• Praise 1

9 minutes ago, Vratenza said:

Again, I ask, what is wrong with walking and bus for purpose of buying food from the neighbourhood or sending children to school? 

What is wrong with kick scooter, cycling (cheaper than pmd) or motorcycle for food deliveries? 

What is wrong with exercise? 

What is wrong with mobility aids for people with real disabilities? 

Great questions but you also need to ask yourself why do you still want to buy a private car when you can also walk, take bus, MRT, taxi, Grab service and etc?

I think you will find the answer in asking yourself.

• Praise 1

5 minutes ago, Ash2017 said:

Great questions but you also need to ask yourself why do you still want to buy a private car when you can also walk, take bus, MRT, taxi, Grab service and etc?

I think you will find the answer in asking yourself.

"We have two cars. My wife drives one and I drive one. Both of us are professionals".

Can the above be the answer? Accepted?:XD:

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 3

22 minutes ago, Fitvip said:

Drivers beware, govt-sponsored PABs with big cubes are going to flood the roads! [confused]

Don’t worry

the they are more likely to meet angry Sbs bus drivers than car people :XD:

• Praise 3

47 minutes ago, Ender said:

Now they are the receiving end if there's an accident on the road , suddenly safety is a big concern to them . 🤣

While they were riding recklessly on footpath, howcome never had safety concern for the pedestrian? 

Because these e scooter farkers know they piss a lot of people off already Be it pedestrian or motorist. And they also know they are the king on the footpaths.

If they go on the road, there would be many who would “disturb” them. They would automatically become the smallest and all the GTI, Ferrari etc would makan them .🤣

Edited by No_worries
  • Haha! 2

2 minutes ago, No_worries said:

Because these e scooter farkers know they piss a lot of people off already Be it pedestrian or motorist. 

If they go on the road, there would be many who would “disturb” them on the road. 

I think it's more like on the footpaths, they can be kings. On the roads, become lowest life form and most vulnerable besides the bicycles 😁

I still think mandatory license is required to ride PABs on the roads as it's power assisted and should be considered as a motorized vehicle.

Without a license to lose and points to be deducted, how else is it possible to inculcate safer riding? Any teenager aged 16 without basic road theory can just ride on the roads and do their Grabfood. We have not even started on the part about insurance, enforcement and inspection to ensure the ebikes allowed on the roads did not violate LTA's specs. 

If they can implement PHV driving license for Grabcar, I'm sure the same can be done for food couriers serious about making it a livelihood. Else, ride a motorcycle or a bicycle. If you're disabled, make do with a PMA. 

↡ Advertisement