BANNED - E-scooters to be banned from Singapore's footpaths starting Nov 5

Ct3833

1 hour ago, Davidtch said:

PAB still need leg power. It got no throttle.

Rider need to cycle then got assistance. Once freewheel, ZERO assistance.

Safety is a mindset thing.

The best is to ban all form of private transport.

Many walking and cycling advocates in this car forum.  I  am proud to walk once a week.wahaha

Edited by Voodooman
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

14 hours ago, Davidtch said:

Yes

Still don’t understand.

Based on that logic, we should ban bicycles too from footpaths as enforcement on speed limit is obviously challenging.  Bicycles are bulkier, often with higher centre of gravity and are harder to control on narrow walkways.  

Edited by Voodooman

28 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

At least now they become the minced meat, not their victims. We as drivers just hope we are not the mincer but someone else. 

siang hoh when they Cheong red light that time, one King Kong lorry open the door to karrrrh pui

then the head crash into lorry door and Fall down then kena the karrrrrrh pui :XD:

• Haha! 2

3 hours ago, Sosaria said:

These people don't mind the lower pay w/o benefits because what they want is flexibility. Feel like working or need to work, then go work. Wake up feel lazy or still have some money to spend, then no need go work also can. Basically suka suka can don't come to work but still have a source of income - that's why they mostly won't or can't hold down a proper job even if it comes with more pay and benefits. Govt already roll out many helping schemes to upgrade them for better jobs in industries through skills training and all that but ?

That's their lifestyle choice to be a bum

Juz dun kpkb abt livelihood affected lah, no opportunities lah, cannot find job lah, foreigner take their job lah and play the pathetic victim card if they choose this lifestyle 

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Davidtch said:

PAB still need leg power. It got no throttle.

Rider need to cycle then got assistance. Once freewheel, ZERO assistance.

Safety is a mindset thing.

The best is to ban all form of private transport.

I believe some are modified with throttle. When PMD started seem harmless till those modified on the road.

Alot don know their tiny brake will not allow them to stop in time. Speeding is easy.. it is the stopping or failed to stop that kill.

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Voodooman said:

Still don’t understand.

Based on that logic, we should ban bicycles too from footpaths as enforcement on speed limit is obviously challenging.  Bicycles are bulkier, often with higher centre of gravity and are harder to control on narrow walkways.  

Some would argue might as well ban skateboards, roller blades, kick scooters etc on footpaths. Bicycles may look bulkier in size, but an escooter with a battery pack can go up to 15 to 20kg. A bicycle at most is less than 15kg. A fast moving mass at 20kg excluding the rider has a higher potential for serious injuries. Banning bicycles on footpaths means everyone is forced to go on the roads, not an ideal situation. 

What is clear now is that anything that is power assisted or motorized is now banned on the footpaths (except PMAs for the disabled), so this is a good first step. I support this logic as more often than not, it requires much less effort to go fast as all it takes is just a press of a button.

The problem so far has always been the half hearted enforcement and lax punishment, not the mode of transport. I'm waiting to see if LTA is willing to make it mandatory for a license to ride PABs on the roads. 

Edited by Lethalstrike
  • Praise 4

2 hours ago, Voodooman said:

Many walking and cycling advocates in this car forum.  I  am proud to walk once a week.wahaha

I don’t advocate. I walk the talk.

Beside driving, B.M.W., cycle and scoot (human powered).

• Praise 1

59 minutes ago, Lethalstrike said:

Some would argue might as well ban skateboards, roller blades, kick scooters etc on footpaths. Bicycles may look bulkier in size, but an escooter with a battery pack can go up to 15 to 20kg. A bicycle at most is less than 15kg. A fast moving mass at 20kg excluding the rider has a higher potential for serious injuries. Banning bicycles on footpaths means everyone is forced to go on the roads, not an ideal situation. 

What is clear now is that anything that is power assisted or motorized is now banned on the footpaths (except PMAs for the disabled), so this is a good first step. I support this logic as more often than not, it requires much less effort to go fast as all it takes is just a press of a button.

The problem so far has always been the half hearted enforcement and lax punishment, not the mode of transport. I'm waiting to see if LTA is willing to make it mandatory for a license to ride PABs on the roads. 

I said about the licensing thingy more than once.

Follow the Beijing model. PMD/PAB/PMA users requires license.

What’s happening now is a human behavioral issue.

The same attitude goes into their driving or riding. 
Just use camera + AI to do all the enforcement 

• Praise 4

8 hours ago, Xers007 said:

LTA will meet dollar for dollar for the replacement. It was reported. More menace is coming to the road, anyway even on PMD they also get on the road so not much diff if enforcement is that limited. 

It feels like this decision making style is very..... Malaysian style.

Sudden knee-jerk reaction... pretend like very decisive... then realize so many loose ends and un-thought-of consequences... start to U-turn.... but cannot - will look stupid... NVM use public funds to try to patch gap.

We used to laugh at Bolehland for doing such things every few months. Now our highly-paid leadership doing the same.

• Praise 4

14 minutes ago, t0y0ta said:

It feels like this decision making style is very..... Malaysian style.

Sudden knee-jerk reaction... pretend like very decisive... then realize so many loose ends and un-thought-of consequences... start to U-turn.... but cannot - will look stupid... NVM use public funds to try to patch gap.

We used to laugh at Bolehland for doing such things every few months. Now our highly-paid leadership doing the same.

Look like how screw up AH Heng trying to tekan Sylvia and Ah Lau.

In the end, he has to be rescued by Kong Hee’s lawyer.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 4

6 hours ago, Soya said:

That's their lifestyle choice to be a bum

Juz dun kpkb abt livelihood affected lah, no opportunities lah, cannot find job lah, foreigner take their job lah and play the pathetic victim card if they choose this lifestyle 

axtually not true they are bum

they are actually very hardworking 

you see theirs is commission based. So they very Cheong. That’s why accidnent

i heard can earn 3-4K if very Cheong so that’s why they are actually very hardworking 

the reason why they are earning 3-4K compared to less than 2k in fnb is because their commission aand cost is not reflective of true cost

income side is subsidiesed by grab incentives

cost side is no insurance and other road costs and all the risk is borned by pesdestrains 

• Praise 3

20 hours ago, Windwaver said:

Just realized that one of the committee member of the Active Mobility Advisory Panel was my ex-boss.

That fellow was not exactly popular with people because blur like sotong :pissed-off:

He blur like sotong can become committed member of active mobility advisory panel? So what exactly they are looking for to be in the advisory panel... Blur King and blur Queen? 

44 minutes ago, Mustank said:

they are actually very hardworking 

you see theirs is commission based. So they very Cheong. That’s why accidnent

i heard can earn 3-4K if very Cheong so that’s why they are actually very hardworking 

the reason why they are earning 3-4K compared to less than 2k in fnb is because their commission aand cost is not reflective of true cost

yes and tell their friends they earn 4-5k

but tell their spouse they earn 2k [lipsrsealed]

• Haha! 4