BANNED - E-scooters to be banned from Singapore's footpaths starting Nov 5

Ct3833

1 hour ago, Vratenza said:

Can see the entitled mentality of the PMD riders..... Demanding for $7mil to be given to them directly and immediately. 

Give them $7M to so they can go buy contraband ciggies izit? 

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

4 hours ago, Wormee said:

See already shakehead man. Livelihood and their own lives taken my a**. Behaving like hooligans now challenging the government. As if no e-scooter they can die. Brain so straight cannot think of alternatives. Got hands and legs also useless. 

Those who are in favour of the ban should stop ordering from food deliveries, get your fat a** off the couch and walk down to buy your own food. So, only left those YPs and food delivery riders themselves who are probably not in favour of the ban. YPs will ride their PMDs to buy food, and the delivery riders ownself order ownself deliver? They will be out of job soon. Problem solved. Government also can save the 7mil man. Our tax payers money you know. 😏

Yup 

i dont order food online 
never used grab food , deliveroo etc..

just go out and buy

how difficult is that? Come on

• Praise 3

22 minutes ago, Davidtch said:

If they don't have entitled mentality, they might be doing something great now.

Cannot like that say, you like that say meaning they are  not doing something great now. Mind you  they are trying to make escooter great again. 

• Haha! 1

1 minute ago, Ct3833 said:

Cannot like that say, you like that say meaning they are  not doing something great now. Mind you  they are trying to make escooter great again. 

Ya ho!

They contribute to car-lite policy.  Otherwise, the island going to fill with motorcycles.

16 minutes ago, Throttle2 said:

Yup 

i dont order food online 
never used grab food , deliveroo etc..

just go out and buy

how difficult is that? Come on

Me neither. 

8 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

Yes. Otherwise there will be massive famine on our hands as ppl can't leave the house to feed themselves anymore 

14 hours ago, Davidtch said:

Hearsay that LTA meetup with individual PMD importers to tell them to bring in more stocks. These new stocks is to replace non-compliant PMD.

If this is true, the retailers are truly screwed. 

I don't quite agree that the sudden ban is something that is an inherent part of business risk in SG. This looks like a political decision. 

If a businessman can lose his entire equity base with a stroke of the pen, we will lose our competitive edge in no time. 

• Praise 1

5 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

If this is true, the retailers are truly screwed. 

I don't quite agree that the sudden ban is something that is an inherent part of business risk in SG. This looks like a political decision. 

If a businessman can lose his entire equity base with a stroke of the pen, we will lose our competitive edge in no time. 

Logically, can A retailer sell SGD1m worth of PMD during double 11 in Singapore?

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

13 minutes ago, Davidtch said:

Logically, can A retailer sell SGD1m worth of PMD during double 11 in Singapore?

Maybe not in 1 day but the math is not difficult.

100,000 PMD population

$1m = 2000 PMD at $500 per piece.

Assume 60% needs to be replaced = 60,000 units

Market share = 3%. (2k/60k)

Why not?  

Maths taken from this article.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/transport/e-scooter-businesses-may-suffer-losses-of-up-to-15-million-retrenchment-and

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Ash2017 said:

I wondered how you feel about those who goes up north to speed in their car despite knowing that they are breaking the law. 

If we condone those who goes to neighboring countries to speed illegally, why we cant allow these PMD to illegally speed on our local roads. Why do we view them so harshly.

Do we have double standards?

Who is "we" that you refer to? Not me. If Singaporeans want to break the law in other countries, they do not affect me as I can choose not to go there, and they face the consequences (be it fine or injuries/death). 

However if the PMDs speed on the foot path or in the road, I may get injured or get blamed for their injuries.  There isn't a choice for us of not going out. 

There is no double standards. 

• Praise 1

5 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

Good! Make more people dulan with PAP.

But I want to ask the uncle first....who he voted for? Hahaha

CCP?!🤣

11 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

Maybe not in 1 day but the math is not difficult.

100,000 PMD population

$1m = 2000 PMD at $500 per piece.

Assume 60% needs to be replaced = 60,000 units

Market share = 3%. (2k/60k)

Why not?  

Maths taken from this article.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/transport/e-scooter-businesses-may-suffer-losses-of-up-to-15-million-retrenchment-and

That's why i say the 1 million stock is for replacement of illegal PMD rather than double 11 sales.

• Praise 1

5 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

Good! Make more people dulan with PAP.

But I want to ask the uncle first....who he voted for? Hahaha

Yes Uncle here

who you think I voted for, look at my avatar, I vote for myself

you want to join the army?

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

8 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

This problem was created by our government, in between implementation and now, there are many problems associated with allowing PMD.

Now it is NOT just about PMD the vehicle, on the footpath or road, accidents or death, BUT now it affects where it hurts most, people's livelihood

Perhaps Radx should start a new school, Banned ...... Banned.....Banned

But on a serious note, I suspect the government did not think people have the Balls to react this way.

Now they know.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 2