BANNED - E-scooters to be banned from Singapore's footpaths starting Nov 5

Ct3833

36 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

in one of those social groups i join , a few of the young chaps are driving grab,  one of them  bought a new mazda 3 some more, I dont know rent or own purchase though. And I understand at least two of them are poly graduates. As an old uncle, I also dont know how to advise them. But maybe they are not wrong, life may not need to be so complicated like how we perceive. 😓

Yes government need to act early to have on the min age 30 requirement just like tdvl.. 

↡ Advertisement

6 minutes ago, Lava said:

this is a big problem affecting our workforce, some youngster took driving grab as a fastest way become car ownership, on the other hand we have to depend on ft to fill up our job gap.

this can become a potential social issue if the gov will not want to react on it.

I somewhat agree with you.

Sometime back,  I saw two young gentle man that became PHV drivers.
In the morning, they would take their time to  warm up the car and have a smoke break together.  After sometime, at times, I noticed one of them start work much earlier.  Usually is rush down and drives off.  Recently, I saw one of them like no longer PHV driver - he still smoke but at the sheltered car pick-up point. 

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Throttle2 said:

At the end all this is talk lah.

this morning, i was walking aimlessly near Kallang area ( becos thats what jobless people do)  and i already saw an ANgmoh guy riding a huge PMD on pavements and over zebra crossings and roads, at high speed easily 20-30km/hr.  

Who is there to enforce?

who who?

where? I still waiting

Pwui!

Majority of them will not care la.. Unless they get caught and then cry father cry mother after that.. 

• Haha! 2

4 minutes ago, Soya said:

Hope MIW don't forget the 75,000+ ppl who oppose PMDs on footpaths vs the 200-300 who cry farder marder at MPS

Screenshot_20191113-105626_Chrome.jpg

IMHO.

If I am from somewhere else,  I would have thought one cannot use PMD and e-bike in Singapore. 

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Lethalstrike said:

I agree on this.

Its only a matter of time before the music stops. 

all these hype on gig economy is a scam.. totally

• Praise 3

4 hours ago, Wt_know said:

initially, ah gong is sibei sibei hiong to support gig economy, disruption, this and that

but ah gong never think properly and act slowly until hdb was burnt, ah mah was killed, si gina e-scoot-F1-cking on road at 100kmph

since spore inc ah gong is the most tough in the world ...

ah gong can put a law to catch and punish speedster gao gao

sanction only approved e-scooter with top speed at 10kmph since want to ease last mile transport and make delivery on footpath.

any modification to break 10kmph will sue until pants drop for company and sent escooter speedster to changi chalet

i support the idea to BAN e-scooter because i don't use it and find it hazard

but i do feel it's extreme ... saying PMD can be used on PCN literally saying PMD is banned in spore

case in point .... bike sharing also sibei screw up

when the bike sharing thing came along, i said'" mark my words, it wont last"

then the pmd thing came along, again mark my words it wont last. 

Why? Becos we are still a f**king ungracious, sob, couldnt care less, only money matters society, thats why!!!

we may be more educated but our graciousness never quite moVed a bit

• Praise 1

22 minutes ago, Stratovarius said:

"one rider said that she used her PMD to bring her children to school,"

So no pmd, her children can't attend school? 

KNN no wonder now i jobless 

becos last time i drive 911 to work

no 911 so no job

i understand now.......

• Haha! 2

On 11/11/2019 at 11:49 PM, Windwaver said:

Actually there has been plenty of warning signs except people in the industry choose to turn a blind eye thinking that such good money cannot possibility be more important than human lives.

That is simply a bad business decision if business owners don't read the market well (that include regulators).

Frankly, all these PMD food delivery people shouting at MPs is uncalled for. They have a very selfish request now that their lives are endangered. What about all those people that were killed? The family members that have lost their love ones

My wife highlighted that one lady and her husband both are full time delivery PMD riders who earn 3~4K a month now cannot take care of kids. My question is at what speed they have to ride in order to earn a combined income of 6K~8K? So bicycle cannot work? In other words, using PMD at high speed to achieve that income is ok:pissed-off:

I wonder how many of these people are local born and bred Singaporeans that have ZERO sense of belonging. This country and people not their countryman? [rifle][furious]

In addition, opposition candidates that bring up the same selfish requests/questions will only make them lose votes, not get more.

• Praise 4

2 minutes ago, Windwaver said:

Frankly, all these PMD food delivery people shouting at MPs is uncalled for. They have a very selfish request now that their lives are endangered. What about all those people that were killed? The family members that have lost their love ones

My wife highlighted that one lady and her husband both are full time delivery PMD riders who earn 3~4K a month now cannot take care of kids. My question is at what speed they have to ride in order to earn a combined income of 6K~8K? So bicycle cannot work? In other words, using PMD at high speed to achieve that income is ok:pissed-off:

I wonder how many of these people are local born and bred Singaporeans that have ZERO sense of belonging. This country and people not their countryman? [rifle][furious]

In addition, opposition candidates that bring up the same selfish requests/questions will only make them lose votes, not get more.

Bro 

you can bet that most are local SG.

becos all the high paying jobs taken by FT

muayhahahah

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 4

14 minutes ago, Throttle2 said:

Bro 

you can bet that most are local SG.

becos all the high paying jobs taken by FT

muayhahahah

That’s why you are jobless for so long

Edited by Davidtch
  • Haha! 1

49 minutes ago, Stratovarius said:

"one rider said that she used her PMD to bring her children to school,"

So no pmd, her children can't attend school? 

Hv seen some of these parents riding their PMD w their kids to school. No helmets, zooming in and out, accident waiting to happen. And hv use up more taxpayer money to treat them in hospital. Even worse, their kids grow up w an entitled mentality that rules dun apply to them...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2