BANNED - E-scooters to be banned from Singapore's footpaths starting Nov 5

Ct3833

10 hours ago, Christan said:

Gov says ban PMDs on footpaths, still see people heck care & going about their business. Kenna warning also don't care b'cos it is just warning.

In case there are people getting injured involving PMD or worse, what are they going to do next? More enforcement, more education, severe warning? Going to be matter of time bf something happens again☹️

like I suggested. If caught, just confiscate the Battery and ask them to pick it up at Sin Min or impound yard on the next 3 business day.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

9 hours ago, Davidtch said:

Sorry ho! I don’t think LKY can manage PMD riders.

What can he do to them?
Sent SPF to hunt them down?

yeah, SQ is high SES and stocks on the SGX is affected. PMD? not listed.

Probably delegate to other people.

• Haha! 3

This PMD episode shows many issues with current leadership and mindset of people too exposed to what others are doing without good understanding if the same can be applied in different context.

Carbon82 collectibles are definitely very nice for big countries with small population where they can have even more powerful machines. He shares here as a joke and didn't suggest we should allow these in our parks to create another social issue. Unlike him, our leaders feel it is cool and suggested to popularize PMD here. Who is that MP that suggest bicycle on pedestrian pavement?  To protect cyclists at the expense of people. Joke right? Pedestrian pavement already very difficult to walk when cramped with people, wheel chairs, prams, marketing baskets, etc. 

Then when things when wrong, instead of admitting and taking immediate steps to address, want to save face, try all sort of funny ideas to mitigate. register, age limit when buying, etc. All these can help meh? Issue licence lor. The root cause is all about congestion. but there are many still think it is behavior. All human are born the same. They react to environment. Environment don't change, you need to change to adapt. 

• Praise 6

3 minutes ago, Victor68 said:

This PMD episode shows many issues with current leadership and mindset of people too exposed to what others are doing without good understanding if the same can be applied in different context.

Carbon82 collectibles are definitely very nice for big countries with small population where they can have even more powerful machines. He shares here as a joke and didn't suggest we should allow these in our parks to create another social issue. Unlike him, our leaders feel it is cool and suggested to popularize PMD here. Who is that MP that suggest bicycle on pedestrian pavement?  To protect cyclists at the expense of people. Joke right? Pedestrian pavement already very difficult to walk when cramped with people, wheel chairs, prams, marketing baskets, etc. 

Then when things when wrong, instead of admitting and taking immediate steps to address, want to save face, try all sort of funny ideas to mitigate. register, age limit when buying, etc. All these can help meh? Issue licence lor. The root cause is all about congestion. but there are many still think it is behavior. All human are born the same. They react to environment. Environment don't change, you need to change to adapt. 

I still feel that a higher deterrent approach was to instill pocket incentive or rather pocket disincentive.

The problem arises when there is no proper supervision or governance/compliance. If you add an insurance component to it, the cost goes up? yes?

Automatically realign and self govern. The higher the accident rate, the more cost of insuring the 3rd party. The rider doesn't get any insurance coverage so the insurance company makes a hefty profit.

If pocket hurts and you still insist on riding, good for you. If you find the burden of the cost too high, good for the landscape and pedestrian. Win-win situation.

• Praise 3

1 minute ago, Sdf4786k said:

I still feel that a higher deterrent approach was to instill pocket incentive or rather pocket disincentive.

The problem arises when there is no proper supervision or governance/compliance. If you add an insurance component to it, the cost goes up? yes?

Automatically realign and self govern. The higher the accident rate, the more cost of insuring the 3rd party. The rider doesn't get any insurance coverage so the insurance company makes a hefty profit.

If pocket hurts and you still insist on riding, good for you. If you find the burden of the cost too high, good for the landscape and pedestrian. Win-win situation.

Given the defiant and threatening attitude shown by some of these PMD users since the ban, I doubt mandatory insurance will work as they will simply ignore it and cry farder marder that it affects their livelihood (...aka eat into their ciggie money)

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

59 minutes ago, Soya said:

Given the defiant and threatening attitude shown by some of these PMD users since the ban, I doubt mandatory insurance will work as they will simply ignore it and cry farder marder that it affects their livelihood (...aka eat into their ciggie money)

but like COE, when it goes up, you cannot downgrade to a cheaper car. Insurance once you dont buy, you are in non compliance. If sway, u hit a pedestrian, really susa ... u go jail liao....

If still insist on the risk, good for u. If pocket hurts, you will find alternatives. The reason why this gig economy exist is it makes sense. Once it does not make any sense like OFO or Obike, it will quickly shut down.

Let the market evolve and change accordingly. Just like taxis, once good. Now, unless its grab, if you dont evolve, then you become left behind.

You dont see taxi driver banding together to go to the MP and say their livelihood affected? Yes, probably some, but not a full blown irate drivers marching in a unified manner to the MP 

Edited by Sdf4786k
  • Praise 1

53 minutes ago, Soya said:

ya , if they cannot even enforce a ban properly, how are they going to enforce other stuff like insurance etc etc

• Praise 2

Just now, Beregond said:

ya , if they cannot even enforce a ban properly, how are they going to enforce other stuff like insurance etc etc

They know they cant

so no choice 

total ban

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, Soya said:

Maybe the $7m shld come from Lam MP and the rest of his clever 'mobility committee' who recommended PMDs be allowed on footpaths to begin wif and letting the problem fester until PMD become like a drug liddat to some ppl who claim they can't work lah, can't bring children to school lah, will starve lah, etc etc

Ya, and don't forget BWSS Chairman. He sits in the AMAP and should be partly responsible for the Mobility Act to allow PMDs usage. He advocates safe riding and does not condone unsafe individuals. Why isn't BWSS helping out the delivery riders who are in dire states now lea?

• Praise 2

14 minutes ago, Sdf4786k said:

You dont see taxi driver banding together to go to the MP and say their livelihood affected? Yes, probably some, but not a full blown irate drivers marching in a unified manner to the MP 

Er...Taxi drivers got band together ah. It's called taxi union, if irc it's called national taxi association or nta for short. They have their representatives to talk to whoever on their behalf. Usually they talk direct to LTA or tranpork ministry.

2 hours ago, Soya said:

As a start, u can bet lky won't be rewarding these pests w $7M of our taxpayer money...

we have to move with the times

LKY times are different from today

LKY can get away because I am sure NOBODY (included Mr Ban - Radx) is NOT afraid of him and what he can do to you.

You ask me, why I good boy boy infront of him. He just open his mouth and I pee in my pants already even though I am already a General.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

4 hours ago, Mockngbrd said:

Lky will tell them "you all Dun chibai". Den send them all go jail. Or make big big example of a few of them. 

Are you sure he still can do that now?

Assumed that he is still PM in 2019.

4 hours ago, Ody_2004 said:

With him around those 3G or 4G or whatever G won’t anyhow implement policy.. they need to think think think and seek his blessing before doing anything.. in a way such PMD thing may not even start..

prevention better than cure loh

With him still around then, MRT still suffers major failure 2012.

4 hours ago, mikk123 said:

bro...LKY is much clever than you and me lah. We can't guess what he would do. But he is a true leader, he will get the problem solved whatever it takes. 

I never doubt is leadership until LHL became 3rd PM.