BANNED - E-scooters to be banned from Singapore's footpaths starting Nov 5

Ct3833

49 minutes ago, Flying_genie said:

Let me guess. The young Ah Beng had his face covered with a mask.

PMD riders these days are increasingly masked up. They are going incognito. Only way to identify them is via the PMD registration number. This is IF it is registered.

This one was just in t shirt bermudas, no helmet no mask nothing. 16-17 yrs old just before NS, you know...

↡ Advertisement

12 minutes ago, Throttle2 said:

This one was just in t shirt bermudas, no helmet no mask nothing. 16-17 yrs old just before NS, you know...

Just one point.... NS don't perform miracle lah.

Those you see at MPS making noises are all after NS...unless they look much older than their actual age or they are given indefinite deferment to do food delivery for contributing to the nation (as one proudly claimed) 😂

• Haha! 1

8 minutes ago, Vratenza said:

Just one point.... NS don't perform miracle lah.

Those you see at MPS making noises are all after NS...unless they look much older than their actual age or they are given indefinite deferment to do food delivery for contributing to the nation (as one proudly claimed) 😂

I think you read my post in the wrong light.

i meant very simply he is young adult age 16-17 just before NS 

we were all there once, with young girlfriends, dreamy, thinking everything was possible, trying to be the coolest, look the coolest.  That stage, you know.

i wasnt trying to say that after NS anything would change for the better for sure.

Edited by Throttle2

12 hours ago, Throttle2 said:

Silverzone is just plain stupidity and someone’s ticket to a promotion probably.

Bloody nonsense.

waste of road space 

Wonder why they are not using the traditional traffic light plus more road humps to slow down traffic? This is obviously more expensive. 

But according to G, 

Since the scheme was first announced at the Committee of Supply debate in 2014, LTA has completed 15 Silver Zones. Statistics show that accident rates involving senior pedestrians at these zones have gone down by almost 75 per cent, LTA said.

Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/silver-zones-more-locations-elderly-friendly-features-11320856

why suddenly our U student  want to put in  leg in this issue, come out with stupid stuff like support food delivery driver to use escooter.

whats wrong with U students nowsaday .

their job is just to study hard and keep their hands off the girls

Edited by Beregond
  • Praise 3

30 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

Wonder why they are not using the traditional traffic light plus more road humps to slow down traffic? This is obviously more expensive. 

But according to G, 

Since the scheme was first announced at the Committee of Supply debate in 2014, LTA has completed 15 Silver Zones. Statistics show that accident rates involving senior pedestrians at these zones have gone down by almost 75 per cent, LTA said.

Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/silver-zones-more-locations-elderly-friendly-features-11320856

Statistics easily manipulated.

The 75 percent is useless figure when u are not even comparing silver zones vs traditional traffic lights and road humps.

If the traditional methods are deployed maybe we can achieve 90 reduction? 

Where is the cost vs benefit analysis? 

Just to justify the bonus of the CS who proposed it. 

Edited by Vratenza
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

2 hours ago, Beregond said:

why suddenly our U student  want to put in  leg in this issue, come out with stupid stuff like support food delivery driver to use escooter.

They feel they are not doing enough unlike their peers over in HK so happening. Got time, do some volunteering works for society and help the under privileged. The media must show case so that they can be in the limelight then they have motivation lah

• Praise 2

3 hours ago, Beregond said:

How do we know if the signatures are even legit? Maybe some PMD rider copy name from delivery address at NUS?

• Haha! 3

13 minutes ago, Victor68 said:

They feel they are not doing enough unlike their peers over in HK so happening. Got time, do some volunteering works for society and help the under privileged. The media must show case so that they can be in the limelight then they have motivation lah

Sekali you find an arrow in your tyre tmr morning.... 😸

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 2

1 hour ago, Ysc3 said:

Sekali you find an arrow in your tyre tmr morning.... 😸

Well it is not violence because cupid arrow is love. Isn't that western terminology?

• Haha! 2

My question why are those e-scooters look like a farking dinosaur and weigh so much..

My e-scooter which i use, less than 8kg, easily foldable and can take on public transport..

PFA

s-l500.jpg

This is mine!

siwfty-scooter.jpg

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

On 11/17/2019 at 8:16 AM, Mustank said:

So how? :grin:

This pedestrian don't know how to die

he must have never surf MCF before or never registered

if his attitude like and do in MCF, long time banned already

• Praise 1