BANNED - E-scooters to be banned from Singapore's footpaths starting Nov 5

Ct3833

6 hours ago, Voodooman said:

Wonder why they are not using the traditional traffic light plus more road humps to slow down traffic? This is obviously more expensive. 

But according to G, 

Since the scheme was first announced at the Committee of Supply debate in 2014, LTA has completed 15 Silver Zones. Statistics show that accident rates involving senior pedestrians at these zones have gone down by almost 75 per cent, LTA said.

Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/silver-zones-more-locations-elderly-friendly-features-11320856

Becos Europe has Silverzones so Singapore must have lor. 
moreover its a new thing so ticks both boxes 

you can bet that scholar must have got an exceptional performance rating for that. 

followers !!!

chey!!!

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Throttle2 said:

Becos Europe has Silverzones so Singapore must have lor. 
moreover its a new thing so ticks both boxes 

you can bet that scholar must have got an exceptional performance rating for that. 

followers !!!

chey!!!

I must agree with Vratenza that the cost and benefit may not have been analyzed carefully but it definitely slow traffic down. With all the SUVs around, road humps are not as effective as before.

I am however not surprised to know that our civil servants are followers. Every new policies that is put in place, they will research, study and consult experts all over the world and look at what other countries are doing.  My friend was involved as a consultant in one of these projects, they even flew in an expert to talk to the minister, I heard.  

Guess this may explain the PMD fiasco.  There is very little out there and no best practice to follow. Wahaha...

Edited by Voodooman
  • Haha! 2

48 minutes ago, Vratenza said:

These SiGiNas just tying outdo each other in stupidity....

Next will be:

- ride along drain

- ride along road divider.. 

Watch this space.... 

:grin:

40687D8E-1342-4FBC-AB78-D0FF5099BB99.gif

• Haha! 3

1 hour ago, Carbon82 said:

At the entrance to River Valley High School. Happened yesterday evening, and captured by my daughter's classmate. 

aHzfokf.jpg

Cannot trade in for $1000 ebike Liao? 😁

• Haha! 2

39 minutes ago, Mustank said:

How to sympathies with Grab food people?

Their mentality very much like the HK SiGiNas..... I have to break the law because the govt force me to do so. 

I think all SiGiNas have the same genetic makeup no matter from which part of the world. 

Edited by Vratenza
  • Praise 3
  • Haha! 2