BANNED - E-scooters to be banned from Singapore's footpaths starting Nov 5

Ct3833

46 minutes ago, Victor68 said:

I think i didn't make myself clear enough. Sg is going into electric motorcycle didn't we? This is not a new product and many already in the market are worthy to be cleared by LTA, not those flimsy cheap  version. Well aren't we promoting instead of electric car and now bus?

I would think motorcycle works well in our condition.  No aircon needed. Some current car owners may even considering switching. The COE thing can continue but motorcycle retailers maybe affected but they can switch to electric. Only those petrol brand motorists manufacturers will suffer and petrol companies. Is that the reason?

Funding that electric motorcycle company here don't mean implementing the use of these motorcycle here in SG. More like venturing into another type of industry here that's all. One of the electric vehicle issue here is who is going to build the charging station to charge so many motorcycles (if it really picks up)? Don't forget most people stays in HDB, if not high rise buildings and not landed. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

20 hours ago, Ysc3 said:

i will actually shy away from any of these acts ... i won't get involved in any altercation ... no my place and does not help .... just end up wasting my own time only.

just walk away or drive on and ignore or forget the bad occurrences ... else would be very busy the whole time you are on the road.

if the joker drives like a maniac and without care, his time will come ... but not at my hands.

just met a van who drove out from car park without checking traffic ... i was approaching on a straight road and the fella just drove out as if his grandfather's road.

i just jam brake and let him go on his way ... never horn also ... no point. I wanted to post video ... but then again, no point also lor ...

if the joker drives like a maniac and without care, his time will come ... but not at my hands.

One thing is correct ... no point horn them . If you horn them , they got a shock and go craxy . People react in anger when U give them a mental shock 

• Praise 6

5 hours ago, Ysc3 said:

This type no need licence and helmet is optional - in China. Very cheap also. 

In Singapore, it will be classified as motorcycle.

In Beijing, you need a license to ride it.

Cheap 1 (like RMB 3k) don't last in term of durability and distance.

Niu can cost up to RMB10k.

n1_c015d6b9.jpg

2 hours ago, Angcheek said:

One thing is correct ... no point horn them . If you horn them , they got a shock and go craxy . People react in anger when U give them a mental shock 

If they come in my way and pose a danger, i confirm will horn loud loud.

If they go elsewhere out if my way and drop into a drain, i wont be bothered to even blink.

• Haha! 2

8 hours ago, mikk123 said:

the scooter/e-bicycle issue will never be resolved in SG. In SG, we don't have much choices beside public transport, thanks to the sky high COE. For the majority of citizens, car is out of question. The next thing that gives them freedom of personalized mobility is e-scooter/e-bike. So those people will die die must have one to enjoy the freedom of mobility. All the e-scooter will eventually pushed to ebike. Pavement maybe safer, but road will be very dangerous as they will be competing with other road users. The government has to fundamentally address this problem, or forever there will be conflicts amount us.  Some top scholars from government has to study this issue and provide a viable solution before our little red dot is divided. We love our little dot. 

From how I see the situation, come 1st Jan 2020, there will still be people on PMDs.

The interesting thing is whether our government is determined to really clamp down with enforcement before election.

After election another story :=B:

• Praise 1

13 hours ago, Xers007 said:

Funding that electric motorcycle company here don't mean implementing the use of these motorcycle here in SG. More like venturing into another type of industry here that's all. One of the electric vehicle issue here is who is going to build the charging station to charge so many motorcycles (if it really picks up)? Don't forget most people stays in HDB, if not high rise buildings and not landed. 

If you produce but don't use our own product,  not so convincing right? Afterall we do have plenty of motorcycles here. Today motorcycle battery can be dismount and bring home to charge. I thought 1 of the brands have that already. 

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Victor68 said:

If you produce but don't use our own product,  not so convincing right? Afterall we do have plenty of motorcycles here. Today motorcycle battery can be dismount and bring home to charge. I thought 1 of the brands have that already. 

Ppl already scare of PMD fire.  Still talk about dismount motorcycle battery for charging

🤣🤣

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

27 minutes ago, Davidtch said:

Ppl already scare of PMD fire.  Still talk about dismount motorcycle battery for charging

🤣🤣

So, no more charging of batteries at home? Laptop, handphone, all cordless items need to throw away? 

• Haha! 1

If people don’t try to be too smart for their own good n only buy batteries that are safe, I suppose should be quite effective to meet the purpose.

having say that, even Samsung phone out of the factory can explode .. so never a safe bet to rely on early adoption of new fangle technology 

20 hours ago, Victor68 said:

I may not have the latest but I am very confused. Government pumping money for Sg 1st electric motorcycle. Yet such products are plentiful especially china. How come we are not encouraging it here and still petrol version? For motorcycle,  we should quickly convert to electricity type.

Sg nowadays like Indonesia in the olden days like to have many may proyeks.... 

If you have a startup aiming to improve the roundness of the wheel, they will also fund. 

• Haha! 1

I understand the various 'agencies' not sure they are considered what, have various funds. Their KPI is to ensure these funds are 'dispersed'. Principles are correct but outcome and how it was measured not sure accountable or not. But hor, $1 m bin centre also can justify,  so it is just paper work.

• Haha! 1

On 11/29/2019 at 11:12 AM, Mustank said:

Morning guys :grin:

Full video here 

So painfool to fourlow....when a duck and chicken try to spit angrish...you get ducken in the end 

Simi is eh PDM? 

• Haha! 2

Anyone notice that the escooters seems to be coming back to life??? Seeing more and more of them on the footpaths these weeks.

Looks like LTA enforcement officers not active anymore.:XD:

• Haha! 2

22 minutes ago, Adrianli said:

Anyone notice that the escooters seems to be coming back to life??? Seeing more and more of them on the footpaths these weeks.

Ya I noticed too. Many of them no balls too, wear mask scared kenna photoshoot.

• Praise 2

13 hours ago, Adrianli said:

Now still grace period, no action will be taken so ppl are still brazen.. wait for next year..

↡ Advertisement