BANNED - E-scooters to be banned from Singapore's footpaths starting Nov 5

Ct3833

Internal Moderator

So those who wanna ride to work must push the PMD to NPark connector then they can start riding?

Anyway, the rules are implemented but policing still need to be done. Not easy lah.

I think for these few months there will be lesser PMDs cause monsoon coming. Rain they cannot ride. hahaha.

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

2 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

Haha yah I am not supportive of them too,  but it will affect the livelihood of foodpanda folks and alike. Dont say who care lah, one day I may have to deliver your order to your house.

It there's a will there's a way. Just look at Denmark and their cycling culture...

A nation of cyclists

cykling-in-the-winter.ashx?mw=1600&hash=

In Denmark, people bicycle in all types of weather and at all times of day. Bicycles are used for pleasure, commuting, transport of goods, and family travel, and extensive networks of bike lanes and bike highways make it easy.

christiania-bike-buying-groceries.ashx?m

Did you know

• Nine out of ten people in Denmark own a bike
  • Danes cycle 1.6 km a day on average 
  • Cycling accounts for a quarter of all personal transport in Denmark for distances of less than five kilometres
  • There are more than 12,000 kilometres of cycle routes in Denmark
  • The city of Copenhagen alone has around 400 kilometres of cycle paths - all clearly separated from car lanes and sidewalks
  • Residents, who cycle in Copenhagen request in 1.1 million fewer sick days
  • Cyclist reduce CO2 emissions by 20,000 tons a year, on average
  • Every kilometre travelled by bike instead of by car means €1 (USD 1.16) gained in terms of health benefits

On top of this, a recent study shows that if all Danes biked just 10 % more on an annual basis, an additional gain would be:

• 267,000 fewer sick days
  • 6 % less traffic congestion in the major cities
  • DKK 1.1 billion saved in the public health care system

Of course the biggest issue here in Singapore might be: How to collect tax $$$ from Singaporean if everyone cycle? 20% GST?!

• Praise 7
  • Haha! 4

2 hours ago, Enye said:

wah....he seemed to have gained weight

life must be good

😊

Go everywhere also use PMD of course gain weight. 

Now it's time to exercise.....like normal human beans.. 😁

Edited by Vratenza
  • Praise 1

6 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

It there's a will there's a way. Just look at Denmark and their cycling culture...

A nation of cyclists

In Denmark, people bicycle in all types of weather and at all times of day. Bicycles are used for pleasure, commuting, transport of goods, and family travel, and extensive networks of bike lanes and bike highways make it easy.

Did you know

• Cycling accounts for a quarter of all personal transport in Denmark for distances of less than five kilometres
  • The city of Copenhagen alone has around 400 kilometres of cycle paths - all clearly separated from car lanes and sidewalks
  • Every kilometre travelled by bike instead of by car means €1 (USD 1.16) gained in terms of health benefits

On top of this, a recent study shows that if all Danes biked just 10 % more on an annual basis, an additional gain would be:

Of course the biggest issue here in Singapore might be: How to collect tax $$$ from Singaporean if everyone cycle? 20% GST?!

Are we going in full circle?

Cycling => PMD => Cycling

• Praise 1

so eScooterists will change to electric bicycle and start riding on roads which will create even bigger problems to all motorists and road users

still back to square one

they will just hit and run

is it because they wanna collect more 🤑:grin:

• Praise 2

Just now, Davidtch said:

Go everywhere also drive of course ga

Are you going in full cycle again?

Cycling => PMD => Cycling

Drive is for longer non walkable distance. 

Last mile connection in form of walking is a good form of exercise for many who takes public transport. 

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator
8 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

A nation of cyclists

Did you know

I think these countries can cycle because of their weather conditions and housing. If every day I cycle, I need to sweat like hell and I have no proper storage for my bike because I am staying in an HDB. 

so nah. not cycling.

image.png.26e674c36339e4f02d1cc2b0dc4e5960.png

Haha. but this is funny. PMDs shop, stock up off road tyres!!!!

HTB1uy0_jxuTBuNkHFNRq6A9qpXal.jpg

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 4

41 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

A nation of cyclists

Did you know

Infrastructures.  This is what happened to PMD here. Don't have the infrastructures to separate pedestrian from riders. Initially those Active Mobility Committee think everyone being graciousness to share the path will work.

The city of Copenhagen alone has around 400 kilometres of cycle paths - all clearly separated from car lanes and sidewalks

Edited by Ender
  • Praise 4

To be honest I pity those who are responsible users and invested in UL compliant new scooters. With this new rule, say goodbye to last mile convenience if usage on footpaths are banned. 

My next question to LTA is how are you going to enforce this properly? And those youngsters who sped at 80 to 100kmh on illegally modified e-scooters on the roads, how are you going to step up enforcement? Do you plan to increase regulations and severity of the punishment if caught? 

• Praise 5

1 minute ago, kobayashiGT said:

I think these countries can cycle because of their weather conditions and housing. If every day I cycle, I need to sweat like hell and I have no proper storage for my bike because I am staying in an HDB. 

so nah. not cycling.

Haha. but this is funny. PMDs shop, stock up off road tyres!!!!

I had been cycling to work for more than 10 years.

My daily ride is kept under my work desk.

• Praise 3
  • Shocked 1

Internal Moderator
1 minute ago, Davidtch said:

I had been cycling to work for more than 10 years.

My daily ride is kept under my work desk.

is it a Brompton? I am just referring to the masses. At least for me and my neighbourhood. I still don't get to see a cycling culture yet. 🙂

near my house.. they have cycling path (in red). This cycling path used to be part of the footpath but they divide in to 2.

I cycled yesterday and there were more foot soldiers on the cycling path than the foot path.... 🙏

5 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

is it a Brompton? I am just referring to the masses. At least for me and my neighbourhood. I still don't get to see a cycling culture yet. 🙂

Ehh,  it's a children bike... 😁

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

ok i will lowball buy e scooter then i will tow the e scooter around with my bike

when reach pcn i change to e scooter and tow my bicycle with it

🤣

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 8