BMW assembled in Malaysia but why not sold in Singapore

Jwee85

58 minutes ago, Heartbreakid said:

Not to mention more features as well.

because whatever you buy from PI .... "theoretically" comes WITHOUT warranty [laugh]

if you buy a car that is $100K a pop without warranty ... make sure you get a GOOD DEAL

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

Can suka suka anyhow import bmw from M'sia?

You the boss ah? Are you the decision maker? Or bmw?

Say until got dragon got phoenix. Whatever you are thinking of ppl have already been there done that. Still wait for you to mention? If I'm not wrong bmw makes that final decision where their cars are assembled and exported to. 

Ppl are willing to do anything and say anything to get their hands on a bmw. So many bmw siao. LoL...

15 hours ago, Wt_know said:

compare to made in South Africa leh ... what is the ses level? lol

if made in msia ... then sinkie can try the europe style ... go to msia pickup car and drive back to spore ... ZERO transportation cost ... huat ah!

Bro, you sure their ancient Euro 2 equipment can pass our Euro 6 requirements? Bolehland still on Euro 2 hor. Their Euro 4 97octane fuel are meant for SG motorists more than theirs. 

Although their high end vehicle owners do use their 97 octane, their cars are not Euro 6 certified for the manufacturers also need to cater the times where low end 95 octane Euro 2 fuel are used. 

Our Euro 6 emission control equipment will be destroyed pretty quickly if you use Euro 2 gasoline or diesel 

• Praise 1

4 hours ago, Xers007 said:

What i see is those PI imported Jap made are sold cheaper than the AD imported Thai made.

AD needs to command insane profits from each vehicle sold so that you can have that nice lounge with comfortable sofa and really cold and fresh aircon waiting showroom and waiting lounge. And with a fully stocked snack bar and free fast WIFI etc.

That profit margin also allows them to build super fancy showroom buildings and superbly lux service center waiting area. 

Many didn't realize that it is YOU, THE CUSTOMER, who are paying for these frills. By going the PI route, you don't have all these to enjoy so the cost is lower

If u really want to save, import a car in yourself. Technically it can be done and one motoring offers all the step by step guide from which you can follow. 

• Praise 1

CKD is not new in Malaysia, many car brands there do it and reduce the cost of cars in their domestic market. Ask your friends in Malaysia and they will tell you CKDs are cheaper....

The question is if the distributors bring in these CKD cars from Malaysia to Singapore, will it necessarily be cheaper? My bet is no....

Edited by Samlimlp
  • Haha! 1

21 minutes ago, Samlimlp said:

CKD is not new in Malaysia, many car brands there do it and reduce the cost of cars in their domestic market. Ask your friends in Malaysia and they will tell you CKDs are cheaper....

The question is if the distributors bring in these CKD cars from Malaysia to Singapore, will it necessarily be cheaper? My bet is no....

Exactly. CKD is practiced widely practiced in this part of the world. Such practice is necessary for the major car brands needs to find ways to get around respective countries protectionism trade practices, to get ard punitive import taxes

CKD is different from full fledged assembly plants like those you see in Thailand. Over there major components eg engines, gb, whole chassis, body panels are built from scratch and passed on to the assembly lines for final assemblies. 

CKD= Complete Knock Down kits. Meaning major parts eg engines, gb, chassis etcare already fully built up. Body panels maybe painted onsite. The only diff is that major consumables parts eg tires, all filters, batt etc are sourced locally. These parts may or may not be local brands but they are certainly locally made. 

And one other major difference. CKD assembly lines usually have less flexibility in building different models or trim levels of the same model. This is becos the lines caters to the target market where it set up shop in and the stocks are usually meant for local consumption. CKD lines by default will be smaller in capacity as compared to full fledged assembly lines 

Edited by Cheefarn
  • Praise 1

8 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

CKD = go sim lim buy casing+cpu+gpu+ram+hdd and fix a tok kong gamer machine ... [laugh]

No, CKD is go best denki but fully built up computer but missing front plastic cover. That one you locally source. Tadah! Locally assembled!

• Haha! 1

Supercharged
35 minutes ago, Cheefarn said:

Exactly. CKD is practiced widely practiced in this part of the world. Such practice is necessary for the major car brands needs to find ways to get around respective countries protectionism trade practices, to get ard punitive import taxes

CKD is different from full fledged assembly plants like those you see in Thailand. Over there major components eg engines, gb, whole chassis, body panels are built from scratch and passed on to the assembly lines for final assemblies. 

CKD= Complete Knock Down kits. Meaning major parts eg engines, gb, chassis etcare already fully built up. Body panels maybe painted onsite. The only diff is that major consumables parts eg tires, all filters, batt etc are sourced locally. These parts may or may not be local brands but they are certainly locally made. 

And one other major difference. CKD assembly lines usually have less flexibility in building different models or trim levels of the same model. This is becos the lines caters to the target market where it set up shop in and the stocks are usually meant for local consumption. CKD lines by default will be smaller in capacity as compared to full fledged assembly lines 

Singapore used to have a CKD factory for Isuzu cars. Chup lup after a few years.

Edited by Kklim

21 minutes ago, Mockngbrd said:

No, CKD is go best denki but fully built up computer but missing front plastic cover. That one you locally source. Tadah! Locally assembled!

front plastic cover can put Maserati logo? lol

1 hour ago, Cheefarn said:

AD needs to command insane profits from each vehicle sold so that you can have that nice lounge with comfortable sofa and really cold and fresh aircon waiting showroom and waiting lounge. And with a fully stocked snack bar and free fast WIFI etc.

That profit margin also allows them to build super fancy showroom buildings and superbly lux service center waiting area. 

Many didn't realize that it is YOU, THE CUSTOMER, who are paying for these frills. By going the PI route, you don't have all these to enjoy so the cost is lower

If u really want to save, import a car in yourself. Technically it can be done and one motoring offers all the step by step guide from which you can follow.

Of course i am fully aware of why AD price is always more ex. I havent got a chance to buy from PI yet but i notice that PI warranty is always covered by some shoody workshop that didnt give me the confident to buy from them. Less mention about those recalls that i dont think PI would be so on their toes to contact owner for replacement. However i might be wrong but that will be till i buy a PI.

3 minutes ago, Xers007 said:

Of course i am fully aware of why AD price is always more ex. I havent got a chance to buy from PI yet but i notice that PI warranty is always covered by some shoody workshop that didnt give me the confident to buy from them. Less mention about those recalls that i dont think PI would be so on their toes to contact owner for replacement. However i might be wrong but that will be till i buy a PI.

buy from PI ... if can save $10K (BnB) and $30K (high specs) car 

take it as repair fees and heng sway ... if no major repairs [thumbsup] 

Edited by Wt_know

6 hours ago, Xers007 said:

What i see is those PI imported Jap made are sold cheaper than the AD imported Thai made.

you got to see that PI cars are like "water goods" or "grey goods".  No official warranty.  

It's like u go Sim Lim to buy stuff.  many are 'water goods'.  the warranty is only from that shop u bought. 

whether the customer want to buy or not, depends on his risk appetite 

When I am willing to pay more then $200k for a German brand car, I prefer it to be from that original country. :yuush:

For that original country products, they have their pride in producing it to the best of their quality.

Assemble from another country, the workers don't feel proud as they only looking forward to the end of the month salaries...  :we-all-gonna-die:

• Praise 1