Jump to content
MCF MarkDown with Skoda @ Karting Arena - 14 Dec 19, Stand a Chance To Win The Karting Arena Grand Prix Package! Read more... ×
BanCoe

Singapore Motor Festival 9/10 Nov 2019

Recommended Posts

image.png.7f8fb953d06c41644e05cd503a4886e3.png

Anyone heard of this ?? or going ??? Seems limited to FB page only, not much other media coverage  

https://www.facebook.com/events/changi-exhibition-centre/singapore-motor-festival-ver20/978477282485767/

Edited by BanCoe
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Free admission siah.

  • Praise 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never been to CEC. But heard a lot of ppl comprain how bad the venue is during the GnR concert. I think problem is probably with exhibit area too big and flat that all you see are lots of ppl and it's tough to navigate your way around. If I'm not wrong this is outdoor area, exposed to the elements. Traffic wise will be a nightmare no doubt since public transport isn't easily accessible. 

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another transplanted showroom again? Whats the point? And will the new cars be baking under the hot sun and sudden heavy rain?

  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

Never been to CEC. But heard a lot of ppl comprain how bad the venue is during the GnR concert. I think problem is probably with exhibit area too big and flat that all you see are lots of ppl and it's tough to navigate your way around. If I'm not wrong this is outdoor area, exposed to the elements. Traffic wise will be a nightmare no doubt since public transport isn't easily accessible. 

If cars allow to drive to the exhibit area, there would be heavy jam along the road leading to the exhibit area. Dont think there is public transport go there, thats why they provide shuttle buses. Went to air show which held at this venue, the place really ulu and far. Lol.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll go see see cos free. It's not showroom show la. It's an enthusiast event. 

 

 

Ppl do car event say lousy, never do event kpkb say lousy. 

Edited by Mockngbrd
  • Praise 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mockngbrd said:

I'll go see see cos free. It's not showroom show la. It's an enthusiast event. 

 

 

Ppl do car event say lousy, never do event kpkb say lousy. 

yes its FOC and mostly by word of mouth internally by Car Clubs/ Bikes participation and heard they also trying to break some local Guiness Records on 9 Nov for highest participants cars parked too     

  • Praise 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, 13177 said:

If cars allow to drive to the exhibit area, there would be heavy jam along the road leading to the exhibit area. Dont think there is public transport go there, thats why they provide shuttle buses. Went to air show which held at this venue, the place really ulu and far. Lol.

I think many will still go since most exam finish liao.

Food and drinks there will be lousy and damn ex since no f&b there. Are there any? Then there will be plenty of "ambush" from insurance companies. LoL... Actually not a good idea to place an event on some ulu place. Want to go toilet also must queue up long long.

  • Haha! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

I think many will still go since most exam finish liao.

Food and drinks there will be lousy and damn ex since no f&b there. Are there any? Then there will be plenty of "ambush" from insurance companies. LoL... Actually not a good idea to place an event on some ulu place. Want to go toilet also must queue up long long.

Giv free event say is far. Give nearby at mbs say expensive, must pay parking etc etc... Now u know y SG cannot have car event one. 

  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 hour ago, Mockngbrd said:

Giv free event say is far. Give nearby at mbs say expensive, must pay parking etc etc... Now u know y SG cannot have car event one. 

They say free event but didnt say good event.

There are lots of ppl who wants to hand out free stuff to you but is it good?

  • Praise 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will go... hopefully got the Car Sound System competition.

Really love those cars full of speakers and woofers!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Where is the free shuttle bus route?

Can ride bike there and be part of the Mega Bike Meet?

Where to get VIP parking pass?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Jwee85 said:

Where is the free shuttle bus route?

Can ride bike there and be part of the Mega Bike Meet?

Where to get VIP parking pass?

Got PCN, can use Pmd. 

  • Praise 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just came from there (live relatively close).  Cost $5 to park. 

Feels more like a cars@expo but for modified cars and fewer stands.  The customary Stamford tyres with their SSW wheels are there. Also a few other businesses that specialise in aftermarket parts and paintwork.  They were doing some drifting competition when I left. 

Was interesting to go around the public carpark and see different things people have done to their cars - that's the main interesting thing. 

Cars I saw included an oldschool Celica with the pop-up headlights, 370Z, 4x GTR's inside. One of the stands had a repainted CHR, Previa, New Corolla and CLA. 

  • Praise 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, GTO-1 said:

Just came from there (live relatively close).  Cost $5 to park. 

Feels more like a cars@expo but for modified cars and fewer stands.  The customary Stamford tyres with their SSW wheels are there. Also a few other businesses that specialise in aftermarket parts and paintwork.  They were doing some drifting competition when I left. 

Was interesting to go around the public carpark and see different things people have done to their cars - that's the main interesting thing. 

Cars I saw included an oldschool Celica with the pop-up headlights, 370Z, 4x GTR's inside. One of the stands had a repainted CHR, Previa, New Corolla and CLA. 

No traffic jam there? $5 per entry for parking?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, 13177 said:

No traffic jam there? $5 per entry for parking?

Yeah. Public entry is $5. Ticket supposed to last entire day - possibly can leave and come back. 

Not really a traffic jam when I was there, but the car entry is very slow (only two people manning the entry and they go chat to each car one by one), so imagine when it gets busier, then it'll start getting a jam. 

Not really that worth it in my opinion.  I've seen better modified cars in my lifetime, there is a huge car parking area, so there were some people honing around, so can get pretty dangerous. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

$5 is pretty reasonable considering how ridiculously organizing and renting that space for events. 
 

Across the causeway in KL, they are having Toyota Gazoo Racing event this weekend. Am pretty sure it’s free entry and free parking. Will wait for them to come JB Feb next year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, GTO-1 said:

Yeah. Public entry is $5. Ticket supposed to last entire day - possibly can leave and come back. 

Not really a traffic jam when I was there, but the car entry is very slow (only two people manning the entry and they go chat to each car one by one), so imagine when it gets busier, then it'll start getting a jam. 

Not really that worth it in my opinion.  I've seen better modified cars in my lifetime, there is a huge car parking area, so there were some people honing around, so can get pretty dangerous. 

I see the venue so out of the way i already sian liao. Lol. If at expo is better la.

↡ Advertisement

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×