Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (RCEP)

Sdf4786k

CECA with the new CECA-porean and now RCEP-orean

Watch with horror as it has taken a new turn.

once sign , its either a situation of sacrificing one thing for the better good of the nation or sacrificing the people for the better good of the country.

Not an easy task as this will go down in history on what went wrong or what went right. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3
  • Sad 1

38 minutes ago, Playtime said:

I respect Modi that he at the very least protect his own country's interest first when rejecting RCEP. 

New Delhi faces intense domestic opposition to the deal, out of concerns that an influx of cheap Chinese goods would decimate its infant industries.

Unlike some country that sell out it's own citizens' jobs, living comfort and social cohesion for economic gains that did not filter down to the citizens. 

Temasek reaped the benefit and clock the glory while the citizens suffer. 

• Praise 9

47 minutes ago, Playtime said:

Even kaki nan also felt not right..

Sgp the biggest investor in India(2017) , now I’m not sure...Enough said..

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/south-asia/wrong-to-have-total-free-flow-of-people-tharman

• Praise 3

12 minutes ago, Freeder said:

Even kaki nan also felt not right..

Sgp the biggest investor in India(2017) , now I’m not sure...Enough said..

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/south-asia/wrong-to-have-total-free-flow-of-people-tharman

How come he was not part of his advisory panel when he signed that agreement? Surely he is one of the most talented and knows India dynamic better person to advise. Did he hear from the wrong people or make own decision? 

Good to explain why he made those decisions, based on whose recommendations and why. This is call, 'postmortem' which our government is very good at lah. haha 

• Praise 1

33 minutes ago, Vratenza said:

I respect Modi that he at the very least protect his own country's interest first when rejecting RCEP. 

Unlike some country that sell out it's own citizens' jobs, living comfort and social cohesion for economic gains that did not filter down to the citizens. 

Temasek reaped the benefit and clock the glory while the citizens suffer. 

Hmm.... wait India use ceca as back door hack into rcep.. all the benefit none of the responsibility.. 

Then tbe other rcep come whack Singapore for cheating. 🤔

• Haha! 3

On 11/5/2019 at 9:10 AM, Playtime said:

Hmm.... wait India use ceca as back door hack into rcep.. all the benefit none of the responsibility.. 

Then tbe other rcep come whack Singapore for cheating. 🤔

Yeah, this is possible given the 'creativity' from them.

• Praise 2

I have consolidated all discussions about RCEP into this new thread, as it shall become one hot topic in time to come, given that Singapore is not only opening it doors to India under CECA, but another 14 countries in the region under RCEP.

The Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (RCEP) is a proposed free trade agreement (FTA) between the ten member states of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) and another 5 FTA partners. The trade pact shall include the following countries for now (India decided to opt out of the pact as of Nov 2019):

• Australia
  • Brunei Darussalam
  • Cambodia
  • China
  • Indonesia
  • Japan
  • Laos
  • Malaysia
  • Myanmar
  • New Zealand
  • Philippines
  • Singapore
  • South Korea
  • Thailand
  • Vietnam

Cheaper imported items, continued economic growth, or more cheap foreign labors and "talents" to fight with Singaporean for jobs? You decide...[gossip]

• Praise 4

(edited)

I still think we should at least have a basis of what we are echoing on the CECA and RCEP.

At this point in time, how many 127 groups of PMET Singaporean from SIngapore has roamed freely and taken on a Job in India vs Indian from India of PMET equivalent pay has taken up a role in Singapore.

Where is the maker checker for this ?

Can someone share the balance sheet for this? Perhaps there is an equal number, but I doubt so.

And the word here is equal and NOT equatable.

Edited by Sdf4786k

1 hour ago, Sdf4786k said:

I still think we should at least have a basis of what we are echoing on the CECA and RCEP.

At this point in time, how many 127 groups of PMET Singaporean from SIngapore has roamed freely and taken on a Job in India vs Indian from India of PMET equivalent pay has taken up a role in Singapore.

Where is the maker checker for this ?

Can someone share the balance sheet for this? Perhaps there is an equal number, but I doubt so.

And the word here is equal and NOT equatable.

That's a given.. majority of singaporeans cannot speak local Indian languages.. so they're out.. even our local Indians may not make it there. 

1 hour ago, Carbon82 said:

I have consolidated all discussions about RCEP into this new thread, as it shall become one hot topic in time to come, given that Singapore is not only opening it doors to India under CECA, but another 14 countries in the region under RCEP.

The Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (RCEP) is a proposed free trade agreement (FTA) between the ten member states of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) and another 5 FTA partners. The trade pact shall include the following countries for now (India decided to opt out of the pact as of Nov 2019):

• Australia
  • Brunei Darussalam
  • Cambodia
  • China
  • Indonesia
  • Japan
  • Laos
  • Malaysia
  • Myanmar
  • New Zealand
  • Philippines
  • Singapore
  • South Korea
  • Thailand
  • Vietnam

Cheaper imported items, continued economic growth, or more cheap foreign labors and "talents" to fight with Singaporean for jobs? You decide...[gossip]

I don't think the countries in rcep will allow free immigration or labour. 

They definitely won't allow India to just dump labour. 

So maybe eventually can let rcep replace ceca.

(edited)
3 hours ago, Playtime said:

I don't think the countries in rcep will allow free immigration or labour. 

They definitely won't allow India to just dump labour. 

So maybe eventually can let rcep replace ceca.

in this case, since 15 signed except India. Means stick to CECA as thats like sign with SG only and its a done deal for 10 years ? I think. There is no solution. Only what can we do to embrace this new wave of changes that we need to "adapt and learn". 

See, have a positive mindset. But all of us know, we got the raw end of the deal. even the Urban planning deal is abandoned in India due to land deal gone south.

Can I also use the same phase?

Think positive.?

Edited by Sdf4786k

46 minutes ago, Sdf4786k said:

in this case, since 15 signed except India. Means stick to CECA as thats like sign with SG only and its a done deal for 10 years ? I think. There is no solution. Only what can we do to embrace this new wave of changes that we need to "adapt and learn". 

See, have a positive mindset. But all of us know, we got the raw end of the deal. even the Urban planning deal is abandoned in India due to land deal gone south.

Can I also use the same phase?

Think positive.?

I think the new phrase to use.. "Recuse"

Some people in parliament should recuse themselves because of ceca. .. wtf talks about a TC for donkey years while ignoring ceca 🙄😤

• Praise 1

(edited)
1 minute ago, Playtime said:

I think the new phrase to use.. "Recuse"

Some people in parliament should recuse themselves because of ceca. .. wtf talks about a TC for donkey years while ignoring ceca 🙄😤

thats not ignoring. They did sign off on CECA and quickly move forward...people choose to do the easy stuff if it does not affect them.

Edited by Sdf4786k

I often wonder where the IT folks kept going to GitHub forum to surf for solutions when they are stuck. Now I know why they struggle when security block this sites.

https://www.businesstoday.in/current/corporate/95-percent-engineers-in-india-unfit-for-software-development-jobs-5-things-to-know/story/250456.html

Talent shortage is acute in the IT and data science ecosystem in India with a survey claiming that 95 per cent of engineers in the country are not fit to take up software development jobs.

According to a study by employability assessment company Aspiring Minds, only 4.77 per cent candidates can write the correct logic for a programme -- a minimum requirement for any programming job.

Other reasons include:

1. Over 36,000 engineering students form IT related branches of over 500 colleges took Automata -- a Machine Learning based assessment of software development skills - and over 2/3 could not even write code that compiles.

2. The study further noted that while more than 60 per cent candidates cannot even write code that compiles, only 1.4 per cent can write functionally correct and efficient code.

"Lack of programming skills is adversely impacting the IT and data science ecosystem in India. The world is moving towards introducing programming to three-year-old! India needs to catch up," Aspiring Minds CTO and Co-Founder Varun Aggarwal said.

3. The employability gap can be attributed to rote learning based approaches rather than actually writing programmes on a computer for different problems.

4. Also, there is a dearth of good teachers for programming, since most good programmers get jobs in industry at good salaries, the study said.

5. Finally, programming skills are five times poorer for tier III colleges as compared to tier 1 colleges.

↡ Advertisement