Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (RCEP)

Sdf4786k

Working hard or smart are for amateurs.

Most important is going drinking with the people in power.

:grin:

I am an amateur and never go drinking.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2

2 hours ago, Jamesc said:

I think there are stories of people that never went to work for years and still got paid.

:grin:

Wow, you mean you can not work for years and still get paid? 

I'm impressed. Looks like India is more atas than Singapore. 

Here, you have to be President to achieve that. 

😁

• Haha! 4

11 hours ago, Lala81 said:

Anyway the CCS statement is  ... ...

Lol... India has a population of 1.4 billion, the top 3% would translate into 42 million eligible workers, maybe a couple of millions will qualify to work here if we recognized Indian degrees and professional certificates.    

If SG is keeping to the CECA terms, why is India accusing us of violating the terms of CECA and threatening to bring SG to WTO court.

India reportedly walked away from RCEP as noone wants to allow free flow of Indian labor. Lol... Maybe that is fake news as well.

CCS statement avoids any meaningful discussion of this issue.

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Turboflat4 said:

😁

Man who skipped work for 24 years is finally fired

AK Verma, an executive engineer at India's Central Public Works Department, last turned up for work in December 1990

image.png.a95a77e3ae0b72a7d55574e691d10e36.png

By Reuters

5:35PM GMT 08 Jan 2015

Even in India, where government jobs are considered to be for life, A.K. Verma was pushing it.

Verma, an executive engineer at the Central Public Works Department, was fired after last appearing for work in December 1990.

"He went on seeking extension of leave, which was not sanctioned, and defied directions to report to work," the government said in a statement on Thursday.

Even after an inquiry found him guilty of "wilful absence from duty" in 1992, it took another 22 years and the intervention of a cabinet minister to remove him, the government said.

India's labour laws, which the World Bank says are the most restrictive anywhere, make it hard to sack staff for any reason other than criminal misconduct.

States, led by Rajasthan and Madhya Pradesh, have recently changed the law to make it easier to hire and fire staff, in a move welcomed by industry leaders but opposed by labour unions.

Prime Minister Narendra Modi has cracked down on rampant absenteeism by making New Delhi bureaucrats sign in at work using a fingerprint scanner. The results are publicly available online - at www.attendance.gov.in - in real time.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/jobs/11333885/Man-who-skipped-work-for-24-years-is-finally-fired.html

An Indian Civil Servant Just Got Sacked After Not Turning Up For Work For 25 Years

India is going through some serious public sector reforms under Prime Minister Narendra Modi. So not turning up for work for a quarter of a century is now not OK, as one civil servant found out recently.

India's Central Public Works Department (CPWD), in a press release dated Jan. 8, 2015, announced the dismissal of a senior electrical engineer employed by the department for 35 years. He only worked the first 10.

It sounds like the CPWD could use a bit of reorganisation. The employee stopped turning up for work in 1990, and an inquiry was launched in 1992. The department then seems to have forgotten about it for 13 years:

Shri A.K.Verma, who joined CPWD as an Assistant Executive Engineer in 1980 went on Earned Leave in December, 1990 and did not report to work thereafter. He went on seeking extension of leave which was not sanctioned and defied directions to report to work. An Inquiry was instituted against him in September, 1992 for major penalty for willful absence from duty. Due to non-cooperation of Shri Verma with the Inquiry and for other reasons, it got delayed and a fresh charge sheet was issued in 2005. The Inquiry Report, establishing the charges was submitted in July, 2007 and the same was accepted by the then Minister of Urban Development in August, 2007. But no further action was taken in the matter.

Charges were clearly established six years ago, but Verma apparently remained in employment for another eight years until he was sacked today. It's not clear from the press release whether he was paid over the whole period. In 2014, a German civil servant admitted he hadn't done any work in the last 14 years, but Verma beats him by a decade.

• Praise 1

22 hours ago, Kusje said:

We should be moving towards a more flexible system.... not this.

it was this flexible system that's why you have people having coffee break from 3 to 430 everyday.  Because there is just no tracking. Hence, the people came up with a tweak, call timesheet where a resource clock a specific amount of hours to the work and accounts for them. You then release the resource if the clocking is "inefficent".

I often wonder if having contractors or sub contractors to bypass the quota system is legal for the banks.

If a srinivasan is hire by a contractor ABC and payroll is with ABC, but place at a consulting firm Ah tee and Tee. Consulting firm has a contract with Bank BOBO. And srinivas is place at the bank to work as a contractor / consulting for 2 years.

The quota is with Contractor ABC because the payroll is with the contractor. And hence, it is true, the banks are not placing the workforce in a highly compliance workspace.

Is it bypassing the rule of MOM ?

I doubt so. Its as effective as the 0% growth for COE car population. And look what was reported today.

Edited by Sdf4786k

On 11/11/2019 at 8:16 AM, Vratenza said:

Plus the fact that their qualifications though "legit" in eyes of MOM, comes from hundreds if not thousands of dubious education centres around India. 

How MOM does the background check? Call up the number provided on website and if there is another person to verify the "authencity" of the cert means it is legit? Lol... Anyone can just plonk in a 24hr mobile line with a laptop for an hourly rated employee just to standby for these so-called verifications calls. 

Fact of the matter is, anecdotal evidence from friends working in sectors with huge number of such 'FT" IT support departments, their performance are less than stellar and work output mediocre. Why does MOM make it seem like only CECA sourced It "expert" can Google for IT solution and take breakfast, smoking, brunch, lunch, smoking, tea, smoking breaks the whole day?

It’s big biz for authentication. Companies that does this makes millions of dollars in revenue. Just like 3rd party e pass application for work permit holders. Why would anyone need a company to engage professional services to apply work permit for them???

• Haha! 1

On 11/11/2019 at 11:55 PM, Voodooman said:

Lol... India has a population of 1.4 billion, the top 3% would translate into 42 million eligible workers, maybe a couple of millions will qualify to work here if we recognized Indian degrees and professional certificates.    

If SG is keeping to the CECA terms, why is India accusing us of violating the terms of CECA and threatening to bring SG to WTO court.

India reportedly walked away from RCEP as noone wants to allow free flow of Indian labor. Lol... Maybe that is fake news as well.

CCS statement avoids any meaningful discussion of this issue.

Well, we can also Go WTO and complian

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/amaravati-city-joint-project-officially-terminated-mti

Edited by Sdf4786k
  • Haha! 1

On 11/11/2019 at 9:39 PM, Turboflat4 said:

😁

Mai anyhow say hor!

Here our President worked very hard during NDP to shake hands, wave around, and other times that the public did not see her, was practising and perfecting the wave and handshake.  tough work you know. 

• Haha! 3

2 hours ago, Jusnel said:

kena played by Indians.... 

What do you do when you see a snake and an Indian? 

Haha cannot be racist lah bro.

There are many good Indians. 

Buddha, Ghandi and my uni mate father. 

He used to be the finance minister of India. 

But not for long. Everyday people came to see him and put bags of money under the table and kick it to him. 

Everyday he rejected them. 

Until one day they said if you don't accept we will hire a gunman to shoot you. 

He resigned and took his whole family to London where he worked as a chartered accountant. 

:D

If only I had the job I would have taken all the  bags and asked for more. 

Not all but but I guess if they came from the Brahmin class its beneath them to ever accept a bribe. 

But I am sure there are honest people in every caste. 

This tells me one thing. All the finance ministers are just like me or they have very good body guards. 

• Haha! 1

Yes. Wrong.

But hardly limited to India or Indians. 

Remember Suzhou Industrial Park? Even LKY kena played out. 

So how, can I ask "What do you do when you see a pig and a Chinese?"

You think that's a justified comment?

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Haha! 2

lets not to do the race thing.... else this thread will shut down  

• Praise 1

42 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

Yes. Wrong.

But hardly limited to India or Indians. 

Remember Suzhou Industrial Park? Even LKY kena played out. 

if you think about scam, then this is an interesting one.

But the Suzhou Park was a bit of a disappointment because of the change in business direction if you can call it that.

Edited by Sdf4786k

3 hours ago, Jusnel said:

There's duplicitous or unsavory people of every origin.
Let's keep work culture and unsavory practices to just criticism of the behavior itself. 

• Praise 4

1 hour ago, Turboflat4 said:

Doesn't happen. The Chinese will have eaten the pig...

"Spare not the pig..."

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 4

8 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

There's duplicitous or unsavory people of every origin.
Let's keep work culture and unsavory practices to just criticism of the behavior itself. 

I agree completely. I always have an icky feeling when I write something that can be construed as racist, even when I'm consciously doing it only as an illustration to bring home the horrid nature of these comments and don't actually mean any ill-will.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1