Rest In Peace. Heroine maid save toddler but die in road accident

Wind30

https://stomp.straitstimes.com/singapore-seen/woman-killed-in-lentor-avenue-accident-had-pushed-toddler-out-of-the-way-before

Sad. In times of crisis, she saved the toddler.

I used that junction many times. I think lta needs to have more markings warning about that traffic light. It’s a new traffic light in a very straight road with cars speeding. I usually wait until car stop before crossing even if light is in my favour.

Edited by Wind30
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 10
  • Sad 4

50 minutes ago, Wind30 said:

https://stomp.straitstimes.com/singapore-seen/woman-killed-in-lentor-avenue-accident-had-pushed-toddler-out-of-the-way-before

I used that junction many times. I think lta needs to have more markings warning about that traffic light. It’s a new traffic light in a very straight road with cars speeding. I usually wait until car stop before crossing even if light is in my favour.

I drive past once or twice a week. Just went past on tuesday. Honestly i don't even recall got traffic light/pedestrian crossing there cos the times i drive past, never got pedestrians.
Maybe those blinking lights would be a good thing to put there (from Yishun side). YCK side towards yishun should have no issue.

• Praise 2
  • Sad 1

Turbocharged
2 hours ago, Lala81 said:

I drive past once or twice a week. Just went past on tuesday. Honestly i don't even recall got traffic light/pedestrian crossing there cos the times i drive past, never got pedestrians.
Maybe those blinking lights would be a good thing to put there (from Yishun side). YCK side towards yishun should have no issue.

The traffic lights is quite new. Installed cos of the new bus depot. If you travel this road regularly, you will also notice many new traffic lights in recent years. Another new one coming just beside AMK library, right below the pedestrian bridge. 

Singapore is the only country I find having both traffic light AND pedestrian bridge along the same crossing.

• Praise 2

3 hours ago, Wind30 said:

There is no reason to spend more on markings/signs to warn about that particular traffic light. It is installed on a very straight stretch of road with speed limit 70kph.

Don't burden the taxpayers because of some lousy driver's mistake.

41 minutes ago, Beehive3783 said:

There is no reason to spend more on markings/signs to warn about that particular traffic light. It is installed on a very straight stretch of road with speed limit 70kph.

Don't burden the taxpayers because of some lousy driver's mistake.

The fact that someone died already say that it is dangerous. Most pedestrian crossing has zigzag markings earlier to warn motorists.

I tell u that stretch of straight road has quite a few driving at 80 which is pretty fast. sometimes not paying attention really cannot stop in time esp when u don’t expect a traffic light there. Not a busy crossing. 

how much does it cost to paint a zigzag line or something? I tell u, if nothing is done, sure something will happen in the near future.

• Praise 3

7 hours ago, Wind30 said:

I know that road like the back of my hand. I agree it's a very straight road with the capacity to reach high speed.

Obviously there are foreigners that doesn't earn close to 66K/month (or along the same level) willing to do the right thing; kudos to this heroine.

Not only will her family be proud of her, this country is proud of her.

• Praise 4

16 hours ago, Wind30 said:

The fact that someone died already say that it is dangerous. Most pedestrian crossing has zigzag markings earlier to warn motorists.

I tell u that stretch of straight road has quite a few driving at 80 which is pretty fast. sometimes not paying attention really cannot stop in time esp when u don’t expect a traffic light there. Not a busy crossing. 

how much does it cost to paint a zigzag line or something? I tell u, if nothing is done, sure something will happen in the near future.

Zig zag lines are only for zebra crossings.

I understand your intention but I really think you are pointing in the wrong direction.

If the drivers themselves are not paying attention, do you really think they will notice all those signs/lines/markings put up to warn of pedestrian crossing ahead?

20 hours ago, Wind30 said:

This is as good a time to remind everyone including myself when we judge, we need to judge an action, an individual

and NOT lump everything together eg

China Mainlanders, Bangla, Indians, Filipinos etc

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

LTA should take away the traffic light and replace it by building a pedestrian overhead bridge that comes with lift function where elderly, wheelchair, strollers, heavy luggages can use. 

↡ Advertisement