Volvo 1 for 1

Atrecord

3 hours ago, Mkl22 said:

No free lunch with wearnes. 
why waste on insurance and $11 xfer fee. 

I thought transfer fee has increased already, no?

I doubt this tactic will attract much sales. People buy new Volvo bcos they want to avoid problems and worries associated with used Volvo. Now they give you a used unit to make u worry. Lol.

3 hours ago, ER-3682 said:

Agreed..this Company won't be so kind...buy a new Volvo & get another Car...

Based on the common speculation here,  they are likely to be giving out cars that are near to end of COE, at least there should still be scrap value, so they are giving discount equivalent  to the scrap value of the used car, instead of giving a actual discount. Waiting for other MCFers to shed some lights here .

• Praise 1

11 minutes ago, Heartlander said:

Why nobody actually go down showroom to ask?  All speculating here. Scarly really goood deal with used cars that left few years haha.

Because those who are here didn't go there, but those who are there not here. 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 3

Volvo should say,ask a friend Together buy a new Volvo..both Cars will just cost the 2 New Owners 75% of the Original Price..i think sure attract more Customer...[means $150,000.each if buy for 2 Units of S90 together]

1 hour ago, ER-3682 said:

Volvo should say,ask a friend Together buy a new Volvo..both Cars will just cost the 2 New Owners 75% of the Original Price..i think sure attract more Customer...[means $150,000.each if buy for 2 Units of S90 together]

I dont believe they are giving so much discount in actual, they are likely to be giving out those 7 to 9 year old used cars that they take in at paper value as the 2nd car. The SEs might even help customers to scrap the used car during handing over so that customers could offset the purchase immediately. They must have anticipated that not many customers would want to keep a used car that is of no use but just to incur additional road tax insurance and parking , worse, to cough out additional cash, most would rather take the saving.

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 2

Why guess? Just go to their website and see see look look lo.

https://www.volvocars.com/sg/sales-offers

Terms and conditions:

- The pre-owned vehicle is purchased based on an “As is” condition. It is deemed that the Buyer has checked, is fully aware and agreeable to the pre-owned vehicle’s condition on the date of purchase.

- The booking for the pre-owned vehicle is non-cancellable, non-exchangeable and non-refundable in cash or kind, for any reason whatsoever.

- The pre-owned vehicle will be delivered together with the new Volvo purchased, latest by 31 December 2019.

- The Buyer can nominate a third party to purchase the pre-owned vehicle, but both vehicle purchases need to be completed at the same time.

Already mention the preown car is not exchangeable in cash.

I think you can arrange a used car dealer to collect the used car together and you deal with the used car dealer. 

They probably dont want anything to do with the used cars their customers used to drive. Machiam like lucky draw. See what is available for you to pick. LoL...

18 hours ago, Lchong said:

From now till 11.11, buy a Volvo and receive a pre-owned car for free.
Choose from a limited selection of hand-picked, pre-owned cars.

Includes various makes.
Applicable to new Volvos purchased only.
On a first-come first-served basis, while stocks last.

Terms and conditions:
- The pre-owned vehicle is purchased based on an "As is" condition. It is deemed that the Buyer has checked, is fully aware and agreeable to the pre-owned vehicle's condition on the date of purchase.
- The booking for the pre-owned vehicle is non-cancellable, non-exchangeable and non-refundable in cash or kind, for any reason whatsoever.
- The pre-owned vehicle will be delivered together with the new Volvo purchased, latest by 31 December 2019.
- The Buyer can nominate a third party to purchase the pre-owned vehicle, but both vehicle purchases need to be completed at the same time.

ttps://www.volvocars.com/sg/sales-offers 

Anyone here went down to enquire about the promo?  Can't find any T&C on it

How come they say pre-owned vehicle is "purchased", when it is supposed to be for free?

Anyway, went to see the S60 before, the interior is very nicely designed, in my opinion better than the S90.

• Praise 1

15 minutes ago, Celicar said:

How come they say pre-owned vehicle is "purchased", when it is supposed to be for free?

Anyway, went to see the S60 before, the interior is very nicely designed, in my opinion better than the S90.

Already ask you to go to their showroom you still ask 😄😄

Sitting in a Volvo is like sitting on a comfortable,  well protected sofa . 

I have questions also, the used car will be a volvo ? They have no confidence in maintaining their own brand therefore the condition is as is ? Can i wait for a mercedes or BMW instead? I have no time to go showroom. Can dislike me  . 😱😱

Edited by Ct3833

It's a gimmick lah

U buy a new wowo at their official sticker price (who does that?) and they give u a 'free' old B&B bomb w high mileage that has 2-3 yrs COE left that no used car dealer wanna take in. So instead of them trying to find buyers for these junks, u do it for them....lol

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 3

48 minutes ago, Soya said:

It's a gimmick lah

U buy a new wowo at their official sticker price (who does that?) and they give u a 'free' old B&B bomb w high mileage that has 2-3 yrs COE left that no used car dealer wanna take in. So instead of them trying to find buyers for these junks, u do it for them....lol

Exactly. Those old cars could very well be >10 yrs COE cars... prob a few months left.

You take it, you pay 2x HDB parking space, u pay road tax for 2 cars, u end up with a car that runs really poorly. 

Think about it, the cars in questions must be so bad that their in house used car dealers doesnt' even want to take. They are hoping some blur yet greedy folks comes in and take these junks off their parking lots. 

2 hours ago, Cheefarn said:

Exactly. Those old cars could very well be >10 yrs COE cars... prob a few months left.

You take it, you pay 2x HDB parking space, u pay road tax for 2 cars, u end up with a car that runs really poorly. 

Think about it, the cars in questions must be so bad that their in house used car dealers doesnt' even want to take. They are hoping some blur yet greedy folks comes in and take these junks off their parking lots. 

I think genuine buyer won't bother w the old bomb and probably ask the SE if they can 'help sell'

And the price the SE quote is probably paper value

Perfect for the AD. Sell new at full retail, no loss on the old bomb, and buyer can HL to frens that he got a free car as part of his powderful negotiation. Everyone happy....lol

• Haha! 1

16 hours ago, Roh96 said:

I doubt this tactic will attract much sales. People buy new Volvo bcos they want to avoid problems and worries associated with used Volvo. Now they give you a used unit to make u worry. Lol.

Most probably not even a used volvo

↡ Advertisement