sgCarMart Reviews: Audi A6 Sedan Mild Hybrid 2.0 TFSI S tronic Design

BabyBlade

32 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

hahah. the old defender is an outdated design and highly flawed. works well when running though.  i rather a land cruiser any day. i believe the choice of militants in africa and middle east rather than the british army.

But when it comes to the old defender off road capability nothing comes close.

The new one has to go to the infotainment unit menus to select center and/or rear diff lock, high or low diff vs the old which has a good'o lever. Even Jeep's new Wrangler didnt remove the dedicated shift lever for the diff.

The infotainment in every review I saw is mentioned as laggy. So imagine you are stuck in the mud and trying to shift in different modes via the infotainment unit. Why, LR, why?

↡ Advertisement

Twincharged
18 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

But when it comes to the old defender off road capability nothing comes close.

The new one has to go to the infotainment unit menus to select center and/or rear diff lock, high or low diff vs the old which has a good'o lever. Even Jeep's new Wrangler didnt remove the dedicated shift lever for the diff.

The infotainment in every review I saw is mentioned as laggy. So imagine you are stuck in the mud and trying to shift in different modes via the infotainment unit. Why, LR, why?

the new defender is more to cater to those who do the occasional off road and no longer follows the hard core off roader of the old defender.

well it is to pander to what the buying public wants. i guess the market of serious off road people is pretty small and i doubt they will spend top dollar to buy.

Internal Moderator
1 hour ago, Volvobrick said:

Whatever the price, it's still very unwieldy for our narrow carparks. 

And nowhere to use the 4x4 capability.

Will be useful for the occasional ponding especially since we're approaching the rainy season. But it's true there's no way you get to utilize the full potential of the Defender in SG. Maybe off roading in Malaysia to justify to the wife why you need one but if I'm gonna spend 300K on a high tech car I'm not so sure I'll be driving it through river crossings, unpaved and rocky terrains. Haha. But then again, I don't have 300K la. 😎

• Haha! 1

Internal Moderator

Shopping for something that is truly practical? Why not also consider the Maxus G10? Whether it is seating for nine, or ferrying enough luggage for an entire family's extended holiday, this people carrier can do it all.

With 215bhp from a 2.0-litre unit, this ferry has enough push to make sure you're not left behind on the roads as well. Watch our full video review of to see if this could be you next mass transit option!

Internal Moderator

The Audi A5 Sportback delivers on sporty coupe looks while still retaining the practicality of a hatchback with its generous boot access.

Couple that with a flexible engine and general high levels of cabin refinement and we are left wondering if you can realistically ask for more in a car. Curious? Watch the full video to find out more!

• Praise 1

On 10/5/2020 at 6:11 PM, wlalala said:

how's the 3rd row on the defender?

and considering the 5m length, does it feel like a huge car to drive?

5m length is nothing lah.... Those luxobarge are 5.3m.

But is the height too tall for multi-storey CP? 

56 minutes ago, BabyBlade said:

The Audi A5 Sportback delivers on sporty coupe looks while still retaining the practicality of a hatchback with its generous boot access.

Couple that with a flexible engine and general high levels of cabin refinement and we are left wondering if you can realistically ask for more in a car. Curious? Watch the full video to find out more!

what does cabin refinement means actually? see it a lot car review

quiet? quality of material?

1 hour ago, Volvobrick said:

5m length is nothing lah.... Those luxobarge are 5.3m.

But is the height too tall for multi-storey CP? 

that time went to view disco

the females alr complain too big, dunno can even consider defender or not

3 hours ago, BabyBlade said:

I really like the way Julian and Jeremy talk about the power from the A5. They both put many car sales person to shame.

Honestly speaking, the A5 is a very very nice car. But 0-100 in 9.1 seconds for a 200K sporty A5? C'mon PA....

• Haha! 5

12 minutes ago, Rickster said:

I really like the way Julian and Jeremy talk about the power from the A5. They both put many car sales person to shame.

Honestly speaking, the A5 is a very very nice car. But 0-100 in 9.1 seconds for a 200K sporty A5? C'mon PA....

Yeah, why bother with a 2.0 turbo when tuned only to 148 HP? Just slap in a 1.0T or 1.2T can do the same while saving weight and road tax.

• Praise 3

2 hours ago, SZ_ford said:

what does cabin refinement means actually? see it a lot car review

quiet? quality of material?

To me, it should be: Quiet, quality/feel of the materials(soft touch vs hard/scratchy plastics), ambience 

Edited by Lotr
  • Praise 1

3 minutes ago, Lotr said:

Is it like the A4? Have 2 engine tune - 150 and 190bhp?

Yes, I suspect so.. I recently test driven the new A4 at PA, the 150bhp version.

And it felt really underwhelming... feels a little sluggish (made worse by the quiet and comfortable cabin) and not responsive. Just like driving a normal 2.0 NA camry feel. 

However, it scores really well from a comfort perspective. I guess i favor drive excitement more than comfort.

• Praise 1

50 minutes ago, Rickster said:

buyer for the pre facelift a5 b9 will be happy, at least got 190 hp, haha 

• Haha! 1

Audi also saves production costs by removing the user friendly big dial knob and touch pad, and give you a fingerprints magnet touch screen. 

I guess next time I can only buy BMW which still retains the dial knob, unlike Audi/Merc going full touch screen. Even Volvo also full touch screen. 

Edited by Volvobrick
  • Praise 3

4 hours ago, BabyBlade said:

Im sorry but what?! 2.0T w 148hp?! Many 2.0 NA have more horses than that. lol. Honda 1.5T has more than that too. The turbo fan is to cool the intake air only? J/K.

I'm not an Audi fan so don't know much about their engines. 

↡ Advertisement