sgCarMart Reviews: Audi A6 Sedan Mild Hybrid 2.0 TFSI S tronic Design

BabyBlade

Is the mild hybrid is considered an 'upgrade'?  Does it really help to improve anything else besides the little bit of fuel consumption?

↡ Advertisement

21 hours ago, Lotr said:

Were there any upgrades compared to previous A5? 

Previous A5 already quite well equipped except for driver assistance, don't even have blindspot detection iirc

Personally feels that the A5 is a handsome car, that’s why went to see see look look. Price wise I believe SE still can give another $5k more to sweeten the deal. However,  my mind is still lingering with the bad experience with DSG a couple years ago when I was driving a VW Passat 😅

• Haha! 1

i bought a a4 2.0 right before the lockdown.. the old model.. clearance sales for 1 year alrdy nv clear finish lol. SE told me new one detune to below 150 bhp i was like pfft sales talk... why would they do something so stupid.. end up really detune. the old A4 2.0 is a fast car.. SGcarmart says 0-100 is 7.3 but in reality in sg car it's easily sub 7 sec.. around 6.8 to be exact because ours is stripped down version with less bells and whistles lol.

Sporeans dont care abt torque and bhp one at the mass market A4 A5 and A6 level... most ppl either want a badge, or cheap running costs.. anyway the new A4 around 150k ba.. PA doesnt sell cars at list prices de.. 

Edited by joshua182

2 hours ago, Mark_goh said:

Personally feels that the A5 is a handsome car, that’s why went to see see look look. Price wise I believe SE still can give another $5k more to sweeten the deal. However,  my mind is still lingering with the bad experience with DSG a couple years ago when I was driving a VW Passat 😅

A5 is indeed a good looking car and quite practical with the liftback

So how was your test drive? Is the pickup and overtaking sufficient?

• Praise 1

22 hours ago, Lotr said:

Is the mild hybrid is considered an 'upgrade'?  Does it really help to improve anything else besides the little bit of fuel consumption?

The word mild mean bigger battery but its not a hybrid like prius

• Praise 1

On 10/9/2020 at 6:46 PM, Thaiyotakamli said:

The word mild mean bigger battery but its not a hybrid like prius

I checked with the SE while i was there 2 weeks ago, the battery is just to help power the electrical systems in the car.

As a result, this will alleviate the engine from needing to do that job, thus, can get a teeeeny bit of fuel savings. Which i think is totally negated by:

1) The 2L road tax producing as much power as the pre facelift 1.4L model

2) The noticeably slower pickup of the facelifted 2L model may require some drivers to step on it! 

• Praise 2

i heard from some buyers of the facelifted a5, add 4k (169k + 4k) to the price tag for ECU tune to 210 hp...not so bad after all

still quite a decent deal, say if compared to 318 or c180

3 hours ago, SZ_ford said:

i heard from some buyers of the facelifted a5, add 4k (169k + 4k) to the price tag for ECU tune to 210 hp...not so bad after all

still quite a decent deal, say if compared to 318 or c180

$169k / 150 = $1,126 per horsie

$173k / 210 = $823 per horsie ... sibei cheap ar!

Edited by Wt_know
  • Haha! 1

11 hours ago, Wt_know said:

$169k / 150 = $1,126 per horsie

$173k / 210 = $823 per horsie ... sibei cheap ar!

they will tune before collecting new car

ignore the 150hp a5 existed

just think of it as 210hp a5 at $173k haha

• Haha! 1

Internal Moderator

The Mercedes-AMG A35 Saloon evokes AMGs of old with its understated yet handsome looks. With 302bhp and 400Nm of torque it has got plenty of power to back those sleek looks as well.

Should you get this as your entry point into the world of AMGs? Watch the full video to find out!

• Praise 1

It's funny how cars are made sometimes. 

You get a family car and there's a sporty button trying to make the car feel sporty.

Or...you get a performance car where there's a comfy button trying to make the ride a little bit less harsh.

If me I will put the words "BS" on that whatever button it claims it can do.

But seriously, I find the infotainment glass surface very reflective.

1 hour ago, Watwheels said:

You get a family car and there's a sporty button trying to make the car feel sporty.

Or...you get a performance car where there's a comfy button trying to make the ride a little bit less harsh.

we live in a world where ppl want optionality, jack of all trade can survive longer haha

hard to be a master of one now, even for cars. those roadster dying out, merc slc, audi tt

2 hours ago, Watwheels said:

Same here, I always find most B&B & entry-luxury cars with a "sports" button quite lame as they r usually nothing more than just dragging the gears and stiffening the steering.

But there are some mid level luxury cars with those "Real" sports button in my opinion. They usually have things like adaptive and/or lowering of car suspension and dampening etc.

• Praise 1

58 minutes ago, SZ_ford said:

we live in a world where ppl want optionality, jack of all trade can survive longer haha

hard to be a master of one now, even for cars. those roadster dying out, merc slc, audi tt

I'm sure these roadsters will enjoy a revival if their prices can drop by say... 20%? 😁

I would love to own a roadster in the future. 

Edited by Rickster

Internal Moderator

The Infiniti QX50 has a massive boot for your luggage and plenty of power under the bonnet for when you need to carve through traffic.

Should you let its dated infotainment system convince you to shop elsewhere? And how well does the ProACTIVE safety system work? Watch the video to find out!

Internal Moderator

The Mercedes-Benz GLA has grown to become more of a traditional SUV, with more room inside and more muscular looks on the outside.

Does it deliver a ride that Mercedes customers have come to expect from the brand? Watch the video to find out!

Internal Moderator

The Volvo S60 Recharge is a plug-in hybrid take on the Swedish carmakers ever popular sedan. Unpretentious and functional as Volvos should be, Jon tries to understand how its plug-in hybrid system will add to the overall experience.

↡ Advertisement