sgCarMart Reviews: Audi A6 Sedan Mild Hybrid 2.0 TFSI S tronic Design

BabyBlade

Internal Moderator

Lo and behold! sgCarMart kickstarted its very own SGCARMART REVIEWS on the 3rd of November with the new Mercedes-Benz CLA with Julian from the Editorial Department (some of you may find him familiar from MCF events) and cool kid James from Marketing. 

We're now on episode 2 with the Skoda Octavia RS 245!

We're still new at this so don't forget to show some love! Like, subscribe and leave your comments on our Youtube channel! Let them know what cars you want them to review next. 💟

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 13

Editor/Tester said Car not enough Power,sit 4 Persons with some Camera Equipments,how to have Power.?It is just a 1.3 Turbocharged Engine...Overseas test Drive i never see 4 Persons in a Car,the most is 2 Persons.

Edited by ER-3682

Youtube or Youku or edu channel - doesn't matter where it is on.

Important is to have good content and high production values, otherwise no one will watch.

Please look at the Taiwanese and USA car reviews and try to improve yourselves. They even jack car up and review the suspension setups.

Current videos look much better than the usual JUNK video reviews that usually comes out of Singapore journalists, but still long long way to improve.

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, t0y0ta said:

Youtube or Youku or edu channel - doesn't matter where it is on.

Important is to have good content and high production values, otherwise no one will watch.

Please look at the Taiwanese and USA car reviews and try to improve yourselves. They even jack car up and review the suspension setups.

Current videos look much better than the usual JUNK video reviews that usually comes out of Singapore journalists, but still long long way to improve.

No. Don't follow others. Just let hem do whatever they are doing. 

• Praise 4
  • Dislike 1

Sorry but I find the videos cringey because of James. He’s like a himbo.

Please please replace James with someone more knowledgeable, preferably a hot lass like Claire Jedrek who knows her stuff.

The video format is trying to be like Carwow in a sense except Carwow’s camera angles and post production editing is much better. 

The idea is good though, to have local reviews on cars with local specs. Maybe in the pipeline you can consider doing comparos between or among similar cars.

Also please do a spell check on the RS video. Cylinder is misspelled as Cyclinder. Not very professional imo.

• Praise 11
  • Haha! 2

7 hours ago, Heartbreakid said:

Finally we have another of our own local version of car review channel! 

got cheong up genting fast and furious bo? ... lol

It's a good start. I believe many here are already subscribed to many many car review channels base in US, Europe, Taiwan, China, Malaysia, etc. So the yardstick is very high for viewers to compare. Also keep in mind as a Singapore based car site, the review have to relate to us in everyday driving. So the perspective have to be along the typical Singaporean car owner mindset.

Reviews from other countries kinda hard to relate cos no mountain road to drive, no straight highway, no cold weather, no wide roads, no freely available parking, no personal garage, no race track, no abandoned airfield, etc.

• Praise 7

1 hour ago, Zxcvb said:

It's a good start. I believe many here are already subscribed to many many car review channels base in US, Europe, Taiwan, China, Malaysia, etc. So the yardstick is very high for viewers to compare. Also keep in mind as a Singapore based car site, the review have to relate to us in everyday driving. So the perspective have to be along the typical Singaporean car owner mindset.

Reviews from other countries kinda hard to relate cos no mountain road to drive, no straight highway, no cold weather, no wide roads, no freely available parking, no personal garage, no race track, no abandoned airfield, etc.

what we need is just a Honda Fit [thumbsup]

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 3

Ok lah. I think car reviews dont need to be all specs and technicality cos it can be very boring and other Youtube reviews might just cover all that. I guess why the grand tour or what topgear used to be is successful in a way is because their focus is to be entertaining rather than going into the specifics of the geeky car stuff. 

Anyway I think it all boils down to budget to make your car review video entertaining. The grand tour has a big budget, you guys...I guess not. No harm trying but try not to make it too cringy to watch. And dont always talk about the car's power. I know it's a guy thing but not every car you review is a performance car.

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 1

Not sure whether it truly is, but I have the feeling the reviewers are talking ad lib. Fair bit of repetition of points along with curious choice of adjectives. Try to prep what they are going to say a bit beforehand

• Praise 2

Got summary or not? I switched off after the 1st minute when one of the presenters said he knows nothing about cars....

↡ Advertisement