Supersonic

290 bhp, 400Nm torque and conclude it's comfy at 60kmh?....lol

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 4

Twincharged
(edited)
On 7/8/2020 at 8:40 PM, Soya said:

290 bhp, 400Nm torque and conclude it's comfy at 60kmh?....lol

Some cars are configured all or nothing, like the CTR n megane trophy so even at 60 it’s quite hardcore in that sense of the word.

i would imagine a more meaningful expression of how well it response would be the turbo lack in town driving or the lean in corners for the weight it carries.

however, this type of impartial review may rule out future invitations or even overseas invite reviews on track  if it’s not written “well”.😌

Edited by Sdf4786k

Supersonic
1 hour ago, Sdf4786k said:

Some cars are configured all or nothing, like the CTR n megane trophy so even at 60 it’s quite hardcore in that sense of the word.

i would imagine a more meaningful expression of how well it response would be the turbo lack in town driving or the lean in corners for the weight it carries.

however, this type of impartial review may rule out future invitations or even overseas invite reviews on track  if it’s not written “well”.😌

I don't usually watch local reviews becoz we usually get the "every car is a good car" sort of conclusion

The Cupra Ateca was an exception as i was curious to know what makes it so good that justifies its $177k price tag. And maybe even be on my shopping shortlist next as a performance bargain gem

In the end, seems like a $75k 1L Toledo would do the job as I'm sure it's also comfy at 60kmh....lol

• Haha! 3

1 hour ago, Soya said:

I don't usually watch local reviews becoz we usually get the "every car is a good car" sort of conclusion

The Cupra Ateca was an exception as i was curious to know what makes it so good that justifies its $177k price tag. And maybe even be on my shopping shortlist next as a performance bargain gem

In the end, seems like a $75k 1L Toledo would do the job as I'm sure it's also comfy at 60kmh....lol

the interior trim is pretty rubbish. Spend a bit more and get the Octavia 1.4T. 

But then the look of the car may not agree with everyone until the new model arrives.

All went not too bad till he went to the back seat.

Did a last minute check and admitted that there was a centre arm rest that could be folded down and put long items through it.

I wonder how much time were they given to prepare the filming or was it suppose to be a spontaneous way of doing it.

• Praise 1

(edited)

I saw the review on the Cupra Ateca. The host's opinion is a "will buy" but like some folks here said it's hard to justify paying $178K for it. The badge has no presence here. Such engine performance in an SUV is a waste. 

For similar price and similar hp I think the Megane rs trophy is within reach.

https://www.straitstimes.com/lifestyle/motoring/fast-lane-69

The Trophy is priced at $145,999 with six-speed manual transmission and $155,999 with six-speed dual-clutch transmission - both without the certificate of entitlement.

I would spend it on this. 6speed manual. Drool.

That's just me.

Edited by Watwheels

Supersonic
37 minutes ago, Hamburger said:

All went not too bad till he went to the back seat.

Did a last minute check and admitted that there was a centre arm rest that could be folded down and put long items through it.

I wonder how much time were they given to prepare the filming or was it suppose to be a spontaneous way of doing it.

Was expecting to hear the reviewer's impression of the drivetrain and how it compares to other VAG offerings using the same ubiquitous EA888 & 7spd DSG, how is the steering response n body roll on a slalom, effectiveness of the brakes on wet and dry, stopping distances, etc instead of just cruising around Changi village area. It's not juz a B&B Seat but a Cupra afterall

But the takeaway from the review is no different from what one expects from a run-of-the-mill Ateca 1.4 (e.g lots of headroom lah, got centre armrest lah, boot can fit auntie trolley lah, etc).

Ok enough rant for the day. Gotta go voting soon. Lol

• Haha! 3

Internal Moderator

Today Idris is back in another beemer. The BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe is a worthy rival to the Mercedes-Benz CLA. It brings with it a lot of fun in a coupe silhouette that's slightly larger than the hatchback 1 Series. Will our man behind the wheel give it his stamp of approval?

Internal Moderator

A sporty crossover like the Audi Q3 Sportback is always going to capture your attention, with or without that Turbo Blue paint finish. But the great qualities of Audi's latest crossover don't simply end there. From its generous boot and rear passenger space to the great function and design of the Aud Multimedia Interface, there are many more besides from the car that deserve highlighting.

That's why we have brought here in this video the top five things of the Q3 Sportback that have captured our attention. Watch the video to see why it could be the ideal choice for Singapore's urban lifestyle!

Latest article review on the Q3 Sportback: https://bit.ly/2OtYu94

Internal Moderator

Nice shot of the Audi Q3 Sportback and our Singapore Airlines plane caught in frame! Symbolic, in such difficult times for our national carrier. 💜

1068930167_Q3SB.thumb.jpg.66c676c8fdb88976c13563c7c51ea6aa.jpg

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator

Jon has got his hands on another MINI. The MINI John Cooper Works Countryman takes the brand's largest car and dialed it up to 11. Will Jon enjoy this big boy as much as he did the Clubman? Only one way to find out.

Internal Moderator

Had enough of the sporty SUVs we have been testing lately? Then this is sure to interest you: It's the Mercedes-Benz GLE450, and it is a luxury yacht on wheels. At the rear, space is the order of the day, and at the front, the twin 12.3-inch screens and the Mercedes-Benz User Experience multimedia system with built-in navigation is sure to impress.

But this is a 450, and that means the car also comes with a 362bhp 3.0-litre engine that can send this housing block from zero to 100km/h in just 5.7 seconds. So is the drive as impressive as its numbers? Watch the full video to find out!

Internal Moderator

The Nissan Kicks e-POWER utilises a unique drivetrain that marries the best of what electric and petrol power can deliver. But there are still plenty besides that will impress about this car.

From its unique styling to its safety and connectivity features, the Kicks e-POWER is feature packed. Watch the video to see out top five electrifying things about the car!

Internal Moderator

The Nissan Kicks e-POWER has finally landed in Singapore, and our man Idris took it out for a spin. Combining the best of what a crossover can offer with Nissan's unique e-POWER system under the hood, it delivers practicality and EV-like drive in an affordable package.

Saw the Kicks on the road yesterday. Looks quite good actually. Seems a tiny bit larger than the Vezel but definitely more modern looking. But still a compact crossover.

Now let's hope the next X-Trail w 7 seats will hv e-power too. That'll be interesting

Internal Moderator
29 minutes ago, Soya said:

Saw the Kicks on the road yesterday. Looks quite good actually. Seems a tiny bit larger than the Vezel but definitely more modern looking. But still a compact crossover.

Now let's hope the next X-Trail w 7 seats will hv e-power too. That'll be interesting

Yet to see a registered one on the road but seen the test car up close. What color was the one you saw?

1 hour ago, Soya said:

Looks like a juke sibling 

↡ Advertisement