Town Council Issued with Fire Hazard Abatement Notices (FHAN) by SCDF

Carbon82

If one fire hose issue also cannot resolve, 

How to entrust these people to do bigger things. 

Next time want to point fingers at other TC, better to self reflect first. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

Either you guys are the greatest pretenders or best act blur kings in the universe.

You know and yet come here to kpkb as if it is the first time.

The point you guys "keeping forgetting" is we are "whiter than white", it is like asking GOD to own up for mistakes. 

Nobody can help you if you are stupid and choose to be blind.

Most concentrate on the padlock or even the water supply BUT NOBODY talks or even care about the residents safety in question.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

I have done my part. Just spotted 2 hose reel that were poorly maintained (or have they even being maintained) and have feedback to SCDF this morning.

26BLkdv.png

• Praise 15
  • Haha! 3

And want to make a guess how long since the hose reel have been last serviced / inspected, just by looking at this photo (which I have attached for SCDF reference)??

PxbqjPC.jpg

Hint: Look at the layer of dust on the cable tie as well as condition of the cabinet...

eFe3kWm.jpg

LOaZOc2.jpg

• Praise 10

16 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

The 2 problems identified in the Notices arose from ground operations by a contractor, JKeart Pte Ltd, the contractor responsible for maintaining the fire hoses, and individual Town Council officers.

Dealing with the water supply issue, JKeart Pte Ltd, the contractor responsible for maintaining the hose reels, insisted that there was water supply to the hose reel in question at the material time. They provided to Town Council a video of the hose reel in question in working condition on the same day of the fire incident. This led to Town Council meeting SCDF officers earlier this week to provide what JKeart showed. After consulting SCDF, Town Council issued a statement accepting SCDF’s position on the matter. It is now investigating JKeart’s assertions.

As to the padlocking issue, the Town Council identified 2 officers as being responsible for directing the padlocking of the fire hose compartments by using small padlocks that can be dislodged using force. As mentioned in Town Council’s statement issued yesterday, these officers decided to do so to prevent misuse of the firehoses. This was a mistake on their part. They have admitted to their mistakes. The Town Council management will pursue disciplinary action against them.

I am clear in my mind that, as your elected representative, I am accountable to you for both issues. These incidents should not have happened and, for that, I must apologise. I will work with my elected & appointed Town Councillors to review this case and ensure that the fire safety system is strengthened to ensure its reliability. I expect the Town Council to make a separate statement on the steps taken separately.

@Victor68 nothing wrong with outsourcing, as long as the pay master check that services have been rendered and everything in good order. I dealt with Jkeart at my previous workplace (I believe @Fuelsaver know them too), and I ever demand the building owner to assign someone to follow them around to ensure things have been carried out, NOT just signing blindly on the service report.[furious]

@Hamburger Accountability?! End of the day, it is always those at the bottom end of the hierarchy chart who receives the punishment / disciplinary action...:a-t2622:

Thanks for mentioning me but have never met them before. The issue with outsourcing is that the outsourced party might be overloaded with other jobs, such that he is unable to provide as proper a service as possible. Given the highly competitive rates, individuals working on a project basis or companies will accept almost any jobs or have little options to be selective. That aside, the individuals or companies will still need to fulfil their contractual and legal obligations. Moving forward, authorities will have to manage the implications brought about by globalization, whereby foreign individuals or companies from weaker currency nation potentially undercut contracts or jobs by a significant margin. Notwithstanding the sloth nature of human.

• Praise 3

3 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

I have done my part. Just spotted 2 hose reel that were poorly maintained (or have they even being maintained) and have feedback to SCDF this morning.

26BLkdv.png

Just received a call from SCDF. They have visited the site and confirmed my findings. They have also written to the Town Council concerned (not JCTC but another one) on the violation!!:a-m1212::a-m1212:

This is the condition of another hose reel at the same block. I seriously doubt the water inlet valve have been operated before...

wa8TJWp.jpg

• Praise 10
  • Haha! 2

Carbon82,  if you continue to look around, next parliament sitting got to pass law to remove hosereel liao. If not MP no more in charge of maintenance since the min pay of $11k, am I right is just too high to ensure hosereels are ok. Haha

• Haha! 1

38 minutes ago, Victor68 said:

Carbon82,  if you continue to look around, next parliament sitting got to pass law to remove hosereel liao. If not MP no more in charge of maintenance since the min pay of $11k, am I right is just too high to ensure hosereels are ok. Haha

I am quite sure there are other similar violations. My point is that if I, a man on the street can spot these, the person in-charge have NO excuse to miss it, so was it someone sleeping on the job, or an organization culture issue?!

What Accountability? 

• Praise 9

10 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

26BLkdv.png

I am damn glad I am not your MP.

Shxt bricks got residents like you.

But keep us on our toes.

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 4

On 11/15/2019 at 2:42 PM, Victor68 said:

It is a very sad state we are heading in many such governing issues. If we continue to 'sub contract' out responsibility and punishment is not severe enough, plus QP are FT. Who is looking after our welfare?

Construction site collapsed because QP didn't even check and signed off. Hosereel not checked and signed off both cases licence/permit given by controlling authority. How many more incomplete or sub standard works are signed off with no cross checks? 

Ownself check ownself lah! Where got cross check?:XD:

• Praise 2

On 11/15/2019 at 6:05 PM, Angcheek said:

The Chairman will siam difficult situation one ........  😂 They are all the same .. no matter the color 

Ang and Ang. Are you related?:XD:

11 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

And want to make a guess how long since the hose reel have been last serviced / inspected, just by looking at this photo (which I have attached for SCDF reference)??

PxbqjPC.jpg

Hint: Look at the layer of dust on the cable tie as well as condition of the cabinet...

eFe3kWm.jpg

LOaZOc2.jpg

This is not any how complaint hor! This GPGT wan!👍

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

We like to copy but simplified everything. Just like replica watches, look good but no quality. Scdf intro Fire Safety Manager, in order to meet demand, increase supply. So what is the quality of these fsm and are they able to perform the statutory requirements? When you have too many fsm, what happen and too little, businessman complain. Why only doctors and lawyers need to ensure no any-o-how leh? All professions should and need some know of controls. Ok, I missed out LEW and Plumbers,  they are also quite well regulated.

18 hours ago, Victor68 said:

Parliament? For non tekan opposition issues, either half not around and the other half that’s around half are sleeping. 
when it comes to vote on ATHC issue all turn up. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

As of yesterday evening, the cabinet door removed, both hose reels re-inspected by the maintenance contractor (with a new label affixed).

Hose Reel #1

1gMB0x1.jpg

Hose Reel #2

kxOiZC8.jpg

BUT I there are still other violations which i have feedback to SCDF again. 

In accordance with SS 575 : 2012 (Singapore Standard Code of Practice for Fire Hydrant, Rising Mains and Hose Reel Systems)

- An operating instruction notice plate should be provided next to the stop valve. The hose reel operating instructions shall be:
“Turn on the inlet valve before running out the hose”

- No placement/storage of items within hose reel compartment

f030_acr-600x480.jpg

guidelines_hdb_3.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 8