AirAsia's new premium flatbed from Singapore offers comfort on a budget

kobayashiGT

Internal Moderator

premium-flatbed-3.jpg?itok=-aKEyNwr&time

source: https://www.straitstimes.com/lifestyle/travel/airasias-new-premium-flatbed-from-singapore-offers-comfort-on-a-budget?cx_testId=20&cx_testVariant=cx_1&cx_artPos=2#cxrecs_s

Travelling abroad can be exciting and exhausting at times, whether it’s a short weekend getaway or an important business trip. The stress of packing and getting ready for the trip can leave you feeling fatigued, especially if the flight is in the early morning.

In order to arrive at your destination fresh, you need proper rest on board the flight. Therein lies the predicament: Do you have to break the bank to enjoy premium comfort that is associated with flying business class? Thankfully, with AirAsia, you can fly in luxurious comfort at maximum affordability - no matter how far, or near, your next destination is.

Having flown over one million passengers to and from Singapore and Kuala Lumpur (KL) to date since January this year, AirAsia has heard its passengers: It now offers 80 flights a week to the Malaysian capital, up from 73, with increased capacity for two of their daily flights.

Operating a wide-body Airbus A330, with 377 seats available instead of the usual 180 on the A320, passengers can look forward to a spacious plane which includes quiet zone seats for travellers who prefer fewer disturbances, as well as premium flatbed seats which are new to this route. These seats are perfect for a quick power nap so that you’re recharged and ready to go once you land at Kuala Lumpur International Airport 2.

premium-flatbed.jpg

The premium flatbed seats were first available in AirAsia’s inaugural A330 flight to Kuala Lumpur on Nov 10 this year. They provide a highly comfortable flying experience thanks to the ample leg room and adjustable seats which can be fully reclined to become a flatbed. The passengers can stretch out and get some shuteye during the hour-long journey.

Plus, these premium flatbed seats come with privacy screens, complimentary meals and convenient power outlets; you can recharge in more ways than one — you won’t have to worry about feeling hungry or your electronics running out of juice when you land. The air fare also comes with a free 40kg check-in baggage allowance so that you can experience fuss-free travelling without any packing woes.

Trying these seats in person, one can feel how much of a difference they make compared to flying in a regular economy class seat. The already short flight to KL felt even shorter thanks to the comfort it provided, and the seat controls were simple to operate. Taller passengers will certainly appreciate the generous amount of space afforded, and being able to enjoy the journey in a flatbed made it feel like a truly exceptional flying experience.

premium-flatbed-2.jpg

The best part of AirAsia’s latest offering? Value for money. Choosing the premium flatbed option will not set you back an exorbitant amount. The suite experience in the sky starts from S$169 for AirAsia BIG loyalty members and S$171 for non-members. Flying in comfort and style need not be expensive anymore.

If you’re looking for the perfect holiday quickie to enjoy the festive season without breaking the bank, then AirAsia can help you experience the best of both worlds. AirAsia would like to thank its loyal customers for their unwavering belief in the World’s Best Low-Cost Airline.

To book your flights today, visit . Fares start from S$51; Premium Flatbed seats start from S$169 for AirAsia BIG loyalty members and S$171 for non-members. No processing fees are included for flights to Malaysia. Click to find out more about AirAsia’s premium flatbed.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5

Internal Moderator
10 minutes ago, Mockngbrd said:

Fly to KL still need nap meh? 10 min after cruising let you start to recline then start to land need to put seat back up liao.

If i fly budget, I will really be BUDGET. can reach there can liao. no need anything on the plane.

• Praise 2

4 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

If i fly budget, I will really be BUDGET. can reach there can liao. no need anything on the plane.

i said before, and I will say it again. When I fly budget, I wont even mind if there is no seats and they make me stand, as long as it is cheap and safe. [:p][laugh][laugh]

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 1

AirAsia's 'flatbed' is quite misleading. It's more of a sloped uncomfortable recliner found on older style biz class cabins. And 2-2-2 config without full direct aisle access doesn't cut it in today's context

Edited by Soya
  • Praise 2

4 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

Yep. Simi scootbiz n all? I no pay for baggage, no pay for seat allocation,  no pay for drinks & food, no pay for insurance, no pay for priority boarding, no pay for SMS notification, no pay for credit card 'convenience fee'

5 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

premium-flatbed-3.jpg?itok=-aKEyNwr&time

source: https://www.straitstimes.com/lifestyle/travel/airasias-new-premium-flatbed-from-singapore-offers-comfort-on-a-budget?cx_testId=20&cx_testVariant=cx_1&cx_artPos=2#cxrecs_s

Travelling abroad can be exciting and exhausting at times, whether it’s a short weekend getaway or an important business trip. The stress of packing and getting ready for the trip can leave you feeling fatigued, especially if the flight is in the early morning.

In order to arrive at your destination fresh, you need proper rest on board the flight. Therein lies the predicament: Do you have to break the bank to enjoy premium comfort that is associated with flying business class? Thankfully, with AirAsia, you can fly in luxurious comfort at maximum affordability - no matter how far, or near, your next destination is.

Having flown over one million passengers to and from Singapore and Kuala Lumpur (KL) to date since January this year, AirAsia has heard its passengers: It now offers 80 flights a week to the Malaysian capital, up from 73, with increased capacity for two of their daily flights.

Operating a wide-body Airbus A330, with 377 seats available instead of the usual 180 on the A320, passengers can look forward to a spacious plane which includes quiet zone seats for travellers who prefer fewer disturbances, as well as premium flatbed seats which are new to this route. These seats are perfect for a quick power nap so that you’re recharged and ready to go once you land at Kuala Lumpur International Airport 2.

premium-flatbed.jpg

The premium flatbed seats were first available in AirAsia’s inaugural A330 flight to Kuala Lumpur on Nov 10 this year. They provide a highly comfortable flying experience thanks to the ample leg room and adjustable seats which can be fully reclined to become a flatbed. The passengers can stretch out and get some shuteye during the hour-long journey.

Plus, these premium flatbed seats come with privacy screens, complimentary meals and convenient power outlets; you can recharge in more ways than one — you won’t have to worry about feeling hungry or your electronics running out of juice when you land. The air fare also comes with a free 40kg check-in baggage allowance so that you can experience fuss-free travelling without any packing woes.

Trying these seats in person, one can feel how much of a difference they make compared to flying in a regular economy class seat. The already short flight to KL felt even shorter thanks to the comfort it provided, and the seat controls were simple to operate. Taller passengers will certainly appreciate the generous amount of space afforded, and being able to enjoy the journey in a flatbed made it feel like a truly exceptional flying experience.

premium-flatbed-2.jpg

The best part of AirAsia’s latest offering? Value for money. Choosing the premium flatbed option will not set you back an exorbitant amount. The suite experience in the sky starts from S$169 for AirAsia BIG loyalty members and S$171 for non-members. Flying in comfort and style need not be expensive anymore.

If you’re looking for the perfect holiday quickie to enjoy the festive season without breaking the bank, then AirAsia can help you experience the best of both worlds. AirAsia would like to thank its loyal customers for their unwavering belief in the World’s Best Low-Cost Airline.

To book your flights today, visit . Fares start from S$51; Premium Flatbed seats start from S$169 for AirAsia BIG loyalty members and S$171 for non-members. No processing fees are included for flights to Malaysia. Click to find out more about AirAsia’s premium flatbed.

Yooohooo Rats, ooops I meant Radx

next time we fly to KL, we need to book only 1 seat

since this is a lie flat seat

either you or me at the seat or foot rest

and long flight 

either you or me on top or bottom

things I got to do to help both of us to save money

• Praise 1

15 hours ago, Mockngbrd said:

Where got cheap and safe one. Is either cheap or safe. 

why not? Basic requirement is safe. That is compulsory and factored into basic pricing.

Above that comes various levels of comfort and $.

I read and read, thought this flat bed is for long distance flight, but read again it says SIN to KL?! Dont know did i read wrongly? Lol. 45 mins flight need flat bed for what? 

4 minutes ago, 13177 said:

. 45 mins flight need flat bed for what? 

another way for their Kawang to make money loh.. draw a BIG contract to supply seats and everyone happy! 

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2