Senoko Energy in Trouble?

Carbon82

Is this not the same situation as Hyflux who venture into that space? 

but is this glut not good for the climate change that we using less ? Or it’s a matter of 5.6 mil people usage pattern divided by the number of energy supplier unless the mfg or economy boom, it’s going downhill.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

6 hours ago, Atonchia said:

Bro, O&G is Oil & Gas. Natural gas is also gas. 

We should invest heavily in cows farms and these farms must be totally enclosed with high ceiling to capture all the methane releases by all the cattles. 

Making eating meat less carbon footprint. 😅

Other than selling meat and milk, can also sell gas. 

Just need to work with gas companies to extract the methane. 

If you read the context, O&G down and G opens electricity market, so industry got killed.... i am just saying the 2 are not linked, the collapse of the O&G has nothing much to do with the electricity market and vice versa.  

• Praise 3

3 hours ago, Sdf4786k said:

Is this not the same situation as Hyflux who venture into that space? 

but is this glut not good for the climate change that we using less ? Or it’s a matter of 5.6 mil people usage pattern divided by the number of energy supplier unless the mfg or economy boom, it’s going downhill.

Glut is because of overcapacity or poor demand?

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, Kusje said:

Glut is because of overcapacity or poor demand?

Supply more than demand as I understand it.

so if there is more supply, should it not base of prices to improve the take up rate?

thats was the whole equation wasn’t it? The more saturated the lower the cost like durians does it not mean prices drop n buyers enjoy ?

so when they need money, n there is none, would it not mean that there is less competition for the same pie and the market weed out the weak ones

• Praise 2

i did a project in this market once. When govt sold the plants, every buyer overbidded thinking electricity demand will go up and up especially with 10m population. Now govt dont own the plants, they do promote renewables that screw up the owners more. I know many plants are bleeding even if they shutdown and dont run due to penalties from gas suppliers, so might as well run. 

• Praise 3

12 minutes ago, Karoon said:

i did a project in this market once. When govt sold the plants, every buyer overbidded thinking electricity demand will go up and up especially with 10m population. Now govt dont own the plants, they do promote renewables that screw up the owners more. I know many plants are bleeding even if they shutdown and dont run due to penalties from gas suppliers, so might as well run. 

why would buyers justify heavy investment in power plants based on increase in residential demand due to 10m population which constitutes less than 5% of overall energy demand?

😱😅

• Praise 2

6 minutes ago, Enye said:

why would buyers justify heavy investment in power plants based on increase in residential demand due to 10m population which constitutes less than 5% of overall energy demand?

😱😅

Because power is addictive and power corrupts.

so they want power. More power!

FB4E9192-B746-447F-B6AC-3A8088E0F6F7.gif

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 7

11 hours ago, Enye said:

😱😅

In theory, with a higher population, you will need more shopping malls,  more trains / train network and there will also be more commercial activities, which will drive electricity demand. 

• Praise 1

On 11/18/2019 at 8:35 PM, Angcheek said:

kana sabo by our elites 😄 

Angcheek did you page for me

I am in between making breakfast for your good friend, BanCoe

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

8 hours ago, Voodooman said:

In theory, with a higher population, you will need more shopping malls,  more trains / train network and there will also be more commercial activities, which will drive electricity demand. 

in practice, our esteemed govt has always been tardy in building infrastructure to support higher population.  look at how long it takes for us to build new mrt lines or even hawker centres for that matter.

can you base your investments on such hope?

😅

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Enye said:

in practice, our esteemed govt has always been tardy in building infrastructure to support higher population.  look at how long it takes for us to build new mrt lines or even hawker centres for that matter.

can you base your investments on such hope?

😅

P&L is the ultimate importance 

On 11/19/2019 at 12:41 PM, Enye said:

😱😅

the new citizens will not just come and stay home and watch tv. They are supposed to expand existing and new industries.

↡ Advertisement