Using Home Glass Cleaner to Clean your Rear Windshield

kobayashiGT

Internal Moderator

Using Home Glass Cleaner to Clean your Rear Windshield?

Most home glass cleaners use ammonia as their chief cleaning agent. Ammonia can break down the heating elements in your rear window—those thin red lines, which are small wires used for defrosting. Instead, use a window cleaner designed for automotive glass.

cp025237-rear-hatch-windshield-glass-vw-

So here are my top 5 recommendations for a windscreen cleaner!

1) Stoner Invisible Glass Cleaner.

th?id=OIP.gtJsNvCU0FKVG9TY6jlH2gHaHa%26p

This is my go-to glass cleaner as it really cleans! This bottle can last me for about half a year. I usually will wash my car with shampoo and my last step will be cleaning all the glasses with this!

https://www.tchub.sg/invisible-glass-glass-cleaner-spray-22-oz.html

2) SONAX Xtreme Glass cleaner Nano Pro

Sonax-Xtreme-Glass-Cleaner-Nano-Pro-500x

Sonax has been my favorite grooming brand products for many years. However, this glass cleaner is a tad expensive. So I will try my luck and see if there are year-end sales coming not.

3) Glaco Glass Cleaner

image.png.efda0fe80c3feadbeb21ee22293496c2.png

I like to use this during the monsoon season where it always rains. Just by wiping the windows, it creates a water repellent coating. Not only does it remove dirt from the inside of the car, but also it prevents dirt from sticking. The water repellent effect usually last me about 10 days like this.

4) CarPlan Glass Cleaner

POL114-2.jpg?v=1452469874&f=1&nofb=1

This is widely available at all the fairprice xtra. Quite cheap also.

5) Mr DIY Aeropak Glass Cleaner

image.png.a012bdf3335fccbbd3f201a11f2ab886.png

This should be the cheapest among all the glass cleaner!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

How about solar film safe cleaning products?

Most local cars interior have solar film. So the heating element is not touching the cleaning solution.

Internal Moderator
1 hour ago, Jwee85 said:

How about solar film safe cleaning products?

Most local cars interior have solar film. So the heating element is not touching the cleaning solution.

If I am not wrong, a proper solar film is applied from the inside of the car. This is to extend and prolong the durability of the solar film.

• Haha! 1

On 11/18/2019 at 2:10 PM, kobayashiGT said:

If I am not wrong, a proper solar film is applied from the inside of the car. This is to extend and prolong the durability of the solar film.

The demister are also on the inside of the car. When you clean with those glass cleaner, you mean to say you clean from the inside and not out?

• Praise 1