S’pore Residents Will Take Over Cleaners For 1 Day In Apr 2020 To Learn How Much We Waste

kobayashiGT

Internal Moderator

S’pore Residents Will Take Over Cleaners For 1 Day In Apr 2020 To Learn How Much We Waste

source: https://mustsharenews.com/cleaners-cleansg-day/

singapore-cleaners-cleansg-day.jpg

CleanSG Day Lets Cleaners Take A Day Off So Residents Will Do Their Jobs Instead

Most of us empathise with cleaners who pick up after our mess, but how much would we be willing to do the same?

singapore-elderly-cleaner.jpg

Whether we can do it won’t be a question in April 2020, when the Public Hygiene Council (PHC) launches CleanSG Day, an initiative to encourage people “to take personal responsibility for the cleanliness of our common spaces”.

For 1 day in that month, cleaners across Singapore will either get a lighter workload or a whole day off, while residents take over their jobs. The exact date is yet to be confirmed.

Cleaners can rest while residents do their work

According to an article by Eco-Business, next year will be the first time that CleanSG will occur nationwide, after trial runs in several districts.

In Nee Soon, where the trial had run, professional cleaners left parts of the area uncleaned so residents had to do it themselves instead.

nee-soon-cleansg-day.jpg

Okay, wait a sec. I don't think this work with Singaporeans. I think the rubbish will accumulate until the next day and the cleaner have to work extra harder.

MP Louis Ng observed that residents who did so learnt just how much waste we generate, and that Singapore is “a cleaned city rather than a clean city”.

So giving cleaners a lighter workload or rest will hopefully encourage more residents island-wide to step up and learn the same lesson.

Furthermore, the national initiative could be a way of showing our gratitude towards the cleaners who don’t get enough recognition for their tireless efforts.

Individual responsibility to keep Singapore clean

Though we may depend on cleaners to keep large areas of Singapore clean, smaller acts like picking up stray pieces of litter is something we can all try to do.

nee-soon-clean-litter.jpg

After all, it doesn’t take much to simply throw rubbish into the bin. Dirty streets are surely an eyesore to everyone.

We hope that the initiative will work out smoothly and that Singaporeans will do their parts to help on that day.

Make that day a official holiday!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

means they no get pay and they will have x2 amount of work when they return the next day? expecting residents to clean up is daydreaming. everyone will just buat bodoh. 

Edited by Mockngbrd
  • Praise 2

I am guessing someone in my block just moved house …. coz there is one big collection of trash at the back of my block for two days already … appears the cleaners are not gong to clear it …. yet.

2 cupboards, a table and racks and cabinets and toys and other stuffs … enough for someone to fill up a whole room if he does not mind discarded stuffs !!

• Praise 1

7 minutes ago, Mockngbrd said:

means they no get pay and they will have x2 amount of work when they return the next day? expecting residents to clean up is daydreaming. everyone will just buat bodoh. 

It will work la. Since that day is planned in advanced, the PA will get their lackeys to organize some folks to clean. Not enough then call MOE to support and get students to do it as part of their "learning". 

I dare them to do it unplanned.

• Haha! 1

2 minutes ago, Ysc3 said:

I am guessing someone in my block just moved house …. coz there is one big collection of trash at the back of my block for two days already … appears the cleaners are not gong to clear it …. yet.

2 cupboards, a table and racks and cabinets and toys and other stuffs … enough for someone to fill up a whole room if he does not mind discarded stuffs !!

I don't think your standard cleaners are equipped to clear this leh.

6 minutes ago, Ysc3 said:

Maybe this owner early spring cleaning? Since CNY is less than 3 months.

After 3 feedback / requests to the Municipal Services Offices app then only did the cleaners clear a pile of rotting rubbish at the staircase landing at my mum's block...

but I thank the lady officer who called me on my third final try..she finally got the cleaners to wise up...

1 hour ago, Kusje said:

I don't think your standard cleaners are equipped to clear this leh.

Some ppl damn stubborn.... TC already say can call them to help to remove 3 bulky items for FREE and then pay for the rest.  But they still insist on just dumping everything behind the block themselves. 

1 hour ago, Ysc3 said:

Some ppl damn stubborn.... TC already say can call them to help to remove 3 bulky items for FREE and then pay for the rest.  But they still insist on just dumping everything behind the block themselves. 

Carrying the bulky items downstairs uses lots of energy, if they call the TC to come dispose, they only need to push the item outside their house. Lol. Maybe they do not aware of such service from TC?

Edited by 13177

Waste ?

the gahmen is the single biggest waster.

just look at your surrounding. one day somebody comes to tear some things down, and the next someone comes to rebuild it.

then it keeps repeating.

and how many times have you seen roads being dug out, put back, repaved, re-dug again.

not waste ?

Doubt it's effective. Don't clean 1 day means cleaners gonna hv work double hard the next day. And since these PMD delivery riders cry farder marder claim no job after ban, can hire them...

5 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Carrying the bulky items downstairs uses lots of energy, if they call the TC to come dispose, they only need to push the item outside their house. Lol. Maybe they do not aware of such service from TC?

Actually I saw two guys bringing down a wardrobe down by putting it in a trolley and taking the lift down.

2 hours ago, Hamburger said:

Ask the MP to clean up for solid 8hrs first. 

No need so much bird talk. 

Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Noooooooooooooooo 

Pick up one dead branch at Rivervale Mall longkang and become big head line in ST....  :slow:

• Haha! 1

Can we also take over the job and pay of mp for a day to see how much work they have to do? I am sure it’s so tough that most of us will give up after trying and stick to cleaning the block. 

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, 13177 said:

I called TC before. Their bangla company is outsourced. Fellow came down and said need to dismantle this and that then argue that we need to pay dunno what charges. Tell him to fly kite then called TC to kpkb.

Can just put outside the door? We had to have someone at home.

↡ Advertisement