Should I get rid of COE car and Change ?

MyCarMykar

Hey all the car guru here.

I need advises and recommendations for a fellow bro here.

I currently owns a 08 Vios, this was handed down by my father in law which buy this car on impulse when he already has another car.

He went to extend 10 years COE for this Vios on year 2017, which has a superrrr low mileage, which will end on Year 2027. 

Cut the story short, well although now that at least I helped make full use of this Vios for 2 years already; instead of just rotting at the MSCP, i have 2 kids and this Vios does seems too small for me.

I am not exactly looking for a 7 seater, but at least a SUV. Which car would I be looking at for better value, cause I just need one to get from A to Z.

Questions:

1) should I really get rid of this Vios or continue with it since it has been renewed for 10 years.

2) if change, get new or used ?

3) which car would you all recommend

小弟我 kamxia all whom replied. 😃

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Internal Moderator
5 minutes ago, MyCarMykar said:

I currently owns a 08 Vios, this was handed down by my father in law which buy this car on impulse when he already has another car.

He went to extend 10 years COE for this Vios on year 2017, which has a superrrr low mileage, which will end on Year 2027. 

Cut the story short, well although now that at least I helped make full use of this Vios for 2 years already; instead of just rotting at the MSCP, i have 2 kids and this Vios does seems too small for me.

I am not exactly looking for a 7 seater, but at least a SUV. Which car would I be looking at for better value, cause I just need one to get from A to Z.

Questions:

1) should I really get rid of this Vios or continue with it since it has been renewed for 10 years.

Hi @MyCarMykar Personally I think the vios is a very good point a to b car, and since the car coe is until 2027, I think you should keep it.

The vios only weights 1000kg, I think you are getting very good mileage at it. And further more, it is a Toyota, the maintenance is very minimal.

And further more, I assume the car is still under your FIL name, I think not very nice to sell away his car as he theoretically still owns it.

• Praise 3

1) itchy backside say itchy backside la

2) everyone is different, how do we advise you without taking into account of  your financial background and commitment etc ? 

3) there are one hundred and 1 cars to recommend, each has its characteristics and budget.  where to start from ?  

Lol.

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 7

My friend I think have bought a same Vios. He renewed the coe. Replaced the alternator for around 200bucks. Told me the depreciation of the car per year is around $3K. Told me it's cheaper than taking taxi daily on a per year basis. He actually got it for his wife cos he drives a ES250. LoL...

End up his wife doesnt want to drive at all and he drives it most of the time. He said compared to his lexus it's way more fuel efficient and easy to get around in and to park it. 

Like you he has also 2 kids. I didnt hear him comprain about the vios.

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

Internal Moderator
6 minutes ago, Ingenius said:

1) itchy backside say itchy backside la

2) everyone is different, how do we advise you without taking into account of  your financial background and commitment etc ? 

3) there are one hundred and 1 cars to recommend, each has its characteristics and budget.  where to start from ?  

Lol.

I will suggest @MyCarMykar to go to sgCarMart COTY page to find out all the car that is launched this year.  Hhahahah. 

https://www.sgcarmart.com/coty2019/index.php

• Haha! 1

Internal Moderator
4 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

My friend I think have bought a same Vios. He renewed the coe. Replaced the alternator for around 200bucks. Told me the depreciation of the car per year is around $3K. Told me it's cheaper than taking taxi daily on a per year basis. He actually got it for his wife cos he drives a ES250. LoL...

End up his wife doesnt want to drive at all and he drives it most of the time. He said compared to his lexus it's way more fuel efficient and easy to get around in and to park it. 

My friend had that and he does some light mod and went down to track at Sepang. hahaha. It can be punchy if you want it to also.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

6 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

My friend had that and he does some light mod and went down to track at Sepang. hahaha. It can be punchy if you want it to also.

I think it's a pretty good car even after 10years of use. Which makes me doubtful of what other ppl say when they say cars in sgp are very ex. Your so called expensive "car" is it a brand new bmw?

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, MyCarMykar said:

Questions:

I sent u a pm. 

You should buy new I have a few car agents frens who can help you. 

If you looking for used car I have a few used car dealer frens who can also help you. 

Either way I get commission so just buy buy buy bye bye. 

:D

On the other hand perfectly good car change for what?

• Haha! 4

My FIL inpulse buy is that stupid tummy trimmer six pack abs machine in six weeks which he never used and gave me as a Xmas present. 

I wish I had your FIL buy Vios and give you. 

Want to swap?

Get free MIL too buy one get one free deal.  

:D

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 5

1 hour ago, Watwheels said:

Ya small and easy to park and since it’s a coe car, heck care about exterior. A hassle free drive. 
just keep it clean and mechanically sound. Life is too short to fuss about a car. Kekeke 

• Praise 4

2 hours ago, Watwheels said:

So your friend drives the vios most of the time, then what about his ES250? [:p]

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1