Should I get rid of COE car and Change ?

MyCarMykar

As for headroom I agree with TS.

Extra headroom makes a car feel so much more spacious and not claustrophobic. 

I am Jamesc MIL and I approve this message.

:grin:

Who she think she is? Donald Trump?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

5 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

I have a COE Altis, though I hardly use it but whenever I drive it, I fee very comfortable because I save quite a lot of money against driving a new car  .

If TS mindset is not clear, his decision can be easily poisoned by some MCFers here 😄😄

I sat in the older Altis too and I also found the seat comfortable.

But not the Mark 1 Vios back seat and Mark 2 front seat.

• Praise 2

Hey bro I think you have to clear about what you want first.

If you simply want a point a-b car, and if the current car is not giving you lots of maintenance headaches, then you should stick to the current Vios. The financial freedom of not having to pay for installment is quite priceless in my opinion, especially when you have 2 kids to care for.

If comfort is more important than point a-b or money, then you should get yourself a new car. I think that's what money is for: spend it on something that makes you and your family happy and comfortable for a couple of hours every day.

Knowing what you want is key be it current, new or what model.

• Praise 8

To be honest, COE cars are worth it compared to buying new. I realise this after some retard rear ended my car. At most if you own a COE car if someone hits you you don't feel the pain like for example buying a new car. You just got the car out of the showroom and paid $40000 and boom some retard rear ended your car. You won't feel like "ahhh I alr saved up 40k only for the car to be destroyed by a retard right" mind you, the retard that hit my car still have yet to pay my bumper repair ah. But heng ah my car no loan, so I don't feel heartbroken. When I renewed my COE I spend at most 8k replacing wear and tear parts ah. Lazy to list them all here ah. 

Edited by fairus360
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 3

30 minutes ago, fairus360 said:

To be honest, COE cars are worth it compared to buying new. I realise this after some retard rear ended my car. At most if you own a COE car if someone hits you you don't feel the pain like for example buying a new car. You just got the car out of the showroom and paid $40000 and boom some retard rear ended your car. You won't feel like "ahhh I alr saved up 40k only for the car to be destroyed by a retard right" mind you, the retard that hit my car still have yet to pay my bumper repair ah. But heng ah my car no loan, so I don't feel heartbroken. When I renewed my COE I spend at most 8k replacing wear and tear parts ah. Lazy to list them all here ah. 

spending $8k to replace wear and tear is a lot  , especially if a person has been regularly serviced and repaired his car, even a person defers all the repairs until the last day he decides to renew COE also no need that much, unless a car has major problems. 

But yes, renewing COE certainly worth the bang of the bucks  from financial point if view.

Edited by Ct3833

19 hours ago, Watwheels said:

My friend I think have bought a same Vios. He renewed the coe. Replaced the alternator for around 200bucks. Told me the depreciation of the car per year is around $3K. Told me it's cheaper than taking taxi daily on a per year basis. He actually got it for his wife cos he drives a ES250. LoL...

End up his wife doesnt want to drive at all and he drives it most of the time. He said compared to his lexus it's way more fuel efficient and easy to get around in and to park it. 

Like you he has also 2 kids. I didnt hear him comprain about the vios.

Conti alternator pay at least 3 times more. This is y u only see large numbers of jap coe cars on the road. Conti maybe just merc and some bmw. Japs are built to last. 

• Praise 1

12 minutes ago, Felipe said:

Conti alternator pay at least 3 times more. This is y u only see large numbers of jap coe cars on the road. Conti maybe just merc and some bmw. Japs are built to last. 

Not so much but maybe double, just replaced recently, I spent about $500 for my E200 alternator, $270 for the Altis.

• Praise 1

11 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

I have a COE Altis, though I hardly use it but whenever I drive it, I fee very comfortable because I save quite a lot of money against driving a new car  .

If TS mindset is not clear, his decision can be easily poisoned by some MCFers here 😄😄

But buying a new car is not just a financial decision,  because car in sgp so expensive that it has been seen as a priviledge to some and a status symbol to some others, so one may stretch his financial to buy one, after all life is short. 😄😄. No right or wrong. 

fully paid is Jin songs one 

• Praise 4

43 minutes ago, Mustank said:

fully paid is Jin songs one 

uncle, the  Altis PQP is only $26k,  dont say until like very big deal, not even enough for down payment to those who bought new car,........even  a cheapest B&B car to be specific. 😂😂

Edited by Ct3833
  • Haha! 2

23 hours ago, Jamesc said:

My FIL inpulse buy is that stupid tummy trimmer six pack abs machine in six weeks which he never used and gave me as a Xmas present. 

I wish I had your FIL buy Vios and give you. 

Want to swap?

Get free MIL too buy one get one free deal.  

:D

If wanna swap more important is to check out the WIFE whether can make it or not....

• Haha! 3

1) Its all about affordability. If you have more cash to spend for better comfort, why not.

2) COE is low. Can try new cars.

3) SUV best value for money will be forester or Outlander. MPV will be Scenic Grand, or Noah.

Most importantly what is value to you? Comfort versus price, or just durability versus price... or just space versus price.

I was looking at a Noah and ended up with a Vellfire. I would say it's best value for money given the depreciation per year, versus the space and comfort. Of course resale value. Many considerations.

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

uncle, the  Altis PQP is only $26k,  dont say until like very big deal, not even enough for down payment to those who bought new car,........even  a cheapest B&B car to be specific. 😂😂

26k for 10 years? 

2 minutes ago, Dafansu said:

26k for 10 years? 

https://www.sgcarmart.com/news/COE_past.php?YR=2019&CAT=a

Maybe renew in July this yr, so the pqp is 26K. LOL. Depreciation if include
Fix parts/zhng some cosmetic/preventive maintenance/PARF value is still quite okie for coe car ba.

The only good about coe car is no heart pain if tio whack, can anyhow zham the engine and lower depreciation considering parf value < $8k ish....

Bad is 10% Road Tax increase per yr and yearly gotto go annual inspection.

17 minutes ago, Dafansu said:

26k for 10 years? 

Yes , I think 26.5k something,  at least I have the option to drive for 8 or 10 years, with the option to terminate anytime when i strike  toto first prize. Tonight I will report back. 😄😄

Edited by Ct3833
  • Haha! 2

1 hour ago, Ct3833 said:

Yes , I think 26.5k something,  at least I have the option to drive for 8 or 10 years, with the option to terminate anytime when i strike  toto first prize. Tonight I will report back. 😄😄

$26.5k something for a 10 year coe consider cheap la. Now $26.5k something can only pay a downpayment for a new car. 

• Praise 1