Customers lose about S$331,000 after sudden closure of 2 car dealers

awhtc

24 minutes ago, yishunite said:

I think the one who needs advice is ur friend 🤣

Haha i dont want to get him involve. So i want to change to use my particulars to apply for in house loan. 

And Mr yeo said he will be questioned by LTA about why the car owner changed from my friend to me . I dont think thats logical .

↡ Advertisement

1 hour ago, Wishmelucks said:

Actually im finacially stable as im earning more than 8k per mth. Just that i have a lawyer case involved hence bank rejected my loan. 

Thats why i would think that in house loan rules might not be so strict to be honest. 

sorry all , im not very clear with handling all this. Just hope i can get some advise here. 

What kind of lawyer case will have bank avoiding having business with you..... Unless the case is financial fraud? 

1 hour ago, Wishmelucks said:

Actually im finacially stable as im earning more than 8k per mth. Just that i have a lawyer case involved hence bank rejected my loan. 

Thats why i would think that in house loan rules might not be so strict to be honest. 

sorry all , im not very clear with handling all this. Just hope i can get some advise here. 

no offence if u are earning more than 8k does not mean that u are financially stable. if ur outstanding financial commitment is like 7k are u still stable?

if u have a lawyer case, it must be sth financial related like biz kenna writ of seizure or dispute. or else credit rating has no issues.

the first rule in asking for advice is to be factual of ur circumstances or else its misleading.

for god sake dun drag ur friend in for a car

15 minutes ago, Vratenza said:

What kind of lawyer case will have bank avoiding having business with you..... Unless the case is financial fraud? 

Family issue lor. My passed on father left some money (his past business) for us. But apparently during this period, my uncle actually was helping to mend the business. Father passed on, money left for me and my sis, uncle got kosong. Buay song, file for case , lawyer send letter. Never attend to it, suay siao. Tio mark. Sian

Occassionally we see people come in to post a few questions, not sure if he is here to seek advice or to boast, but for sure can see he is not smart.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

11 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

Occassionally we see people come in to post a few questions, not sure if he is here to seek advice or to boast, but for sure can see he is not smart.

This is known as trolling 

10 hours ago, Wishmelucks said:

Family issue lor. My passed on father left some money (his past business) for us. But apparently during this period, my uncle actually was helping to mend the business. Father passed on, money left for me and my sis, uncle got kosong. Buay song, file for case , lawyer send letter. Never attend to it, suay siao. Tio mark. Sian

What company name is that?

• Dislike 1

12 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

oiii! jin rude ah! whahahahahaha.. people 8k per month de! 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

58 minutes ago, Ody_2004 said:

oiii! jin rude ah! whahahahahaha.. people 8k per month de! 

haha sorry sorry,    whether a person is smart or not has nothing to do with how much he is earning, though I dont earn that much.   Lets call a spade a spade though i could be wrong.

• Haha! 3

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/case-karz-automobile-operational-dealer-west-coast-car-mart-12123964

SINGAPORE: A car dealer previously reported to have suddenly closed by the Consumers Association of Singapore (CASE) is still operational at a different address, the consumer watchdog said on Monday (Nov 25).

On Friday, CASE issued an alert regarding the sudden closure of two car dealers Universe Motoring and Karz Automobile, with customers losing about S$331,600.

But the watchdog said on Monday that Karz had reached out to them clarified that it is still operational at another location in the same building and not at their registered address.

VACATED PREMISES

In a statement on Monday, CASE said it wrote to Karz Automobile after receiving complaints from customers alleging that the dealer had not honoured cheques issued and did not transfer ownership of vehicles sold.

The address that CASE used was Karz Automobile's official address registered with the Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority (ACRA) at 31 West Coast Highway, #01-30, Singapore 117864 - which is also the address stated in its invoices, website, and advertisements.

CASE also wrote to the company via the official email address and called the office line.

"But there were no replies to our letters, emails or calls, and no notification from them that they had moved," the watchdog said.

Following this, CASE sent staff to Karz Automobile's official registered address to verify if it was still operating at the premises.

"We found that the unit had been vacated and that Karz Automobile is not operating from that unit," said CASE. 

"Under the Companies Act, companies must have a registered office within Singapore to which all communications and notices may be addressed."

The company reached out to CASE through its lawyers after the statement on Friday, saying it is still operational at "another location in the building".

"This is the first time Karz Automobile has informed CASE that they are still operational but from another location," the watchdog added.

"Notwithstanding that, CASE understands from consumers that their complaints remain unresolved. This is of concern to CASE as the amount of potential losses to consumers is substantial.

"Since Karz Automobile is still operational, CASE expects them to honour their contractual obligations towards their customers. CASE will continue to engage Karz Automobile to resolve all outstanding consumer complaints."

Source: CNA/ic(mi)

See how sneaky this car dealer is. Where got the time and energy to deal with them? 

Edited by Watwheels

MAS publishes a blacklist of companies that potentially involve in fraud.  LTA could do something similar to minimise such frauds given the chequered history of 2nd hand dealers and PIs.

• Praise 2

LTA dont even want to regulate the used car market. I doubt they will want to be involved. It's not generating revenue for them. I think this is the main reason, money.

Consumers have to deal with car dealers who play hide and seek with them. And those who take consumers' money and run. Most frustrating is CASE who has no authority go chase after rogue car companies for consumers.

• Praise 2

28 minutes ago, awhtc said:

MAS publishes a blacklist of companies that potentially involve in fraud.  LTA could do something similar to minimise such frauds given the chequered history of 2nd hand dealers and PIs.

That list will consist 99% of all PIs. 😁

On 11/24/2019 at 8:19 AM, Vratenza said:

Till now ACRA, MAS, IRAS, LTA, CASE still being lead by the nose by these fly by nights ah bengs setting up 2nd hand car businesses with intention to cheat? 

While normal abiding citizens and businesses are being hounded and toeing the line. 

Amazing...... This just give credence to the saying that public servants just go for the lowest hanging fruits. 

Aaaarrrrgh, my 4G network not steady again....

• Haha! 1

No wonder I find the name Universe Motoring sounds so familiar... upon further confirmation, my used Skoda Superb was sold by them after I traded it in with VW.

617942_2b.jpg

617942_4b.jpg

• Praise 9

6 hours ago, awhtc said:

it's the same thing for renovation contractors

also got many complaints about dishonest contractors from hell

but is the garment doing anything?  

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1