Customers lose about S$331,000 after sudden closure of 2 car dealers

awhtc

2 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

No wonder I find the name Universe Motoring sounds so familiar... upon further confirmation, my used Skoda Superb was sold by them after I traded it in with VW.

617942_2b.jpg

617942_4b.jpg

I think they will just sell their cars to some dealers out there,  they will keep the better VW to their DAS auto.

Edited by Ct3833

1 hour ago, Ct3833 said:

I think they will just sell their cars to some dealers out there,  they will keep the better VW to their DAS auto.

Just goes to show how much margin there is in the 2nd hand biz... yet somehow we are told that cars have super high depre in 1st 3 yrs 🙄

• Praise 1

23 hours ago, Wishmelucks said:

Family issue lor. My passed on father left some money (his past business) for us. But apparently during this period, my uncle actually was helping to mend the business. Father passed on, money left for me and my sis, uncle got kosong. Buay song, file for case , lawyer send letter. Never attend to it, suay siao. Tio mark. Sian

Me no lawyer or banker but 1st time hear that banks can dig until u have a civil suit hanging over your head? Even then, isn't it a case of not guilty unless proven otherwise? What has that got to the bank rejecting a loan business unless u are a bankrupt? 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

11 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

haha sorry sorry,    whether a person is smart or not has nothing to do with how much he is earning, though I dont earn that much.   Lets call a spade a spade though i could be wrong.

Issit? Celery seem to be a good measure of capability leh....

temasek2.jpg.eaac4f8f9b5caaae3b590d8b2c3acb00.jpg

MKdtrIcl.jpg.80369f0775dcdb0e5505d743752cd4d4.jpg😁

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

On 11/26/2019 at 8:13 AM, RogerNg_185295 said:

This is known as trolling 

U, for one is a gd & popular example. Must hv lun for very long already till cannot tahan?

Edited by Unfazed
  • Praise 1

19 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

Probably true most of the time but there are exceptions

My previous Merc C&C trade in try to lowball me i laugh until cry. Eventhough the car was tip top, bought from & maintained by C&C, no mods, no scratches n all

Put up for auction at Quotz. Small time dealer w just 5-6 cars in his shop bidded and I got $15k above what C&C quoted me

So some small timers out there do hold good quality stock, not just the big ADs

• Praise 2

Face Palm when I read the heading : “.....Case tells dealership....”. The word “tell” is too “degrading” for our consumer watchdog. It shows the level of authority CASE has.  

B2D138ED-9661-4E1E-8258-BA0D5E6CEED7.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Rayleigh said:

Face Palm when I read the heading : “.....Case tells dealership....”. The word “tell” is too “degrading” for our consumer watchdog. It shows the level of authority CASE has. 

And this would probably be the dealer's reaction...

939a7702c10372d96101c044e659c15e.jpg

our expectation has to be correct, we have to understand this >>>>>>.... The Consumers Association of Singapore (CASE) is a non-profit, non-governmental organisation that is committed towards protecting consumers interest through information and education, and promoting an environment of fair and ethical trade practices. .......

On 11/26/2019 at 9:16 AM, Ct3833 said:

haha sorry sorry,    whether a person is smart or not has nothing to do with how much he is earning, though I dont earn that much.   Lets call a spade a spade though i could be wrong.

👍👍👍👍

• Praise 1

On ‎11‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 10:48 AM, Watwheels said:

LTA dont even want to regulate the used car market. I doubt they will want to be involved. It's not generating revenue for them. I think this is the main reason, money.

Consumers have to deal with car dealers who play hide and seek with them. And those who take consumers' money and run. Most frustrating is CASE who has no authority go chase after rogue car companies for consumers.

Regulate them or what, LTA only earn transfer fee niah .....  :we-all-gonna-die:

They regulate COE bidding better ... [sly]

Earned more... :secret-laugh:

1 hour ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

Regulate them or what, LTA only earn transfer fee niah .....  :we-all-gonna-die:

Regulation is a cost centre

Collect COE & transfer fee is a profit centre

No prizes for guessing which one ah gong will pat LTA's back for

1 hour ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

LTA => Land Transport Authority regulate how your car being sold.

That should fall under Ministry of Trade and Industry. Trading of motor vehicle.

15 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

our expectation has to be correct, we have to understand this >>>>>>.... The Consumers Association of Singapore (CASE) is a non-profit, non-governmental organisation that is committed towards protecting consumers interest through information and education, and promoting an environment of fair and ethical trade practices. .......

If so then whoever propose to upgrade case to proper regulatory body will get my vote next ge

17 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

@Carbon82 your car so sui you sell it off 😱😱

For just 1 simple reason: I need more space (to fetch my wheelchair bound family member). Else I wouldn't have sold it. To be honest, my whole family enjoyed the Superb throughout the close to 4.5 years ownership (with 158K+ Km on the clock), and the car look like newly out from showroom when I traded it in for a VW Sharan.

rR2v16H.jpg

kpTZhoM.jpg

5OVJHju.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 7