Selling property in Malaysia

LinusLoh_1967

Hi all,

Hope this post is ok and relevant.

I inherited a property in Malaysia from my late mother, and since it's like there...and no one's doing anything about it, I feel it's time to let go.

However, I have zero experience in such matters esp when dealing in Malaysia.

If anyone can enlighten me on how to proceed, I'd be most grateful!

😌

↡ Advertisement

4 hours ago, LinusLoh_1967 said:

Hi all,

I inherited a property in Malaysia from my late mother, and since it's like there...and no one's doing anything about it, I feel it's time to let go.

😌

Hi,

I have a few of Singaporean who had bought, stayed and some rented it out , Best to look for a Malaysian property agent.

Likewise my BIL in KL and his family a more than 700 acres of agricultural 

land for sale too, located in the State of Johore Bahru, titled is Freehold Tenure, I understand one can start planting Durian tree or any of others fruits too

PM me for more details/ information. [laugh]

5 hours ago, LinusLoh_1967 said:

Hi all,

😌

Look for at least 3 property agents to advise you, dont just listen and trust a single agent. 

• Praise 2

Look at other advert to have an idea of the market price....dun rush to decide,

if got buyer, get lawyer to represent you and not use the same lawyer as buyer...

good luck.

Supersonic

how come all units not flying off the shelf?

6-7k rental per month leh

bao jiak …. LOL

Supercharged

my own sad story with Malaysian property ... Brought Pavilion at RM1.7m ( FX 2.27 ) , collected guaranteed 7% rental for 2 years which was very nice , after 2 years , quarterly rental income minus all misc was around SGD2.3k ... knn lo ... 

Tulan with the low rental , left it empty for 2 years while trying to sell it ... lots of sellers but no buyers lo .... Heng Heng got a friend just set up own company nearby and needs to be in KL 2 weeks every month ... Sold to him at RM1.9 m (FX 3.25 ) when so call listing all at 2.8-2.9 m .... 

Only managed to sell to friend cos i allow him to only pay me RM800k cash and the rest on interest free instalments .... lucky freind steady , settled the balance in about 10 months in total  ... Malaysia property is really pirate ships lo ... 

Just the exchange rate , i think i lost like 35% liao lo ... compete waste of time and effort ... 

• Praise 2
  • Shocked 2

Supersonic

Buy Property from foreign land must have an exit plan that includes local.

In addition, don't buy full cash.  That will your ROI looks bad.

Twincharged
On 1/4/2024 at 2:39 PM, Hubwee said:

my own sad story with Malaysian property ... Brought Pavilion at RM1.7m ( FX 2.27 ) , collected guaranteed 7% rental for 2 years which was very nice , after 2 years , quarterly rental income minus all misc was around SGD2.3k ... knn lo ... 

Tulan with the low rental , left it empty for 2 years while trying to sell it ... lots of sellers but no buyers lo .... Heng Heng got a friend just set up own company nearby and needs to be in KL 2 weeks every month ... Sold to him at RM1.9 m (FX 3.25 ) when so call listing all at 2.8-2.9 m .... 

Only managed to sell to friend cos i allow him to only pay me RM800k cash and the rest on interest free instalments .... lucky freind steady , settled the balance in about 10 months in total  ... Malaysia property is really pirate ships lo ... 

Just the exchange rate , i think i lost like 35% liao lo ... compete waste of time and effort ... 

I saw 2.3k I thought ok mah. Till I saw it was quarterly! I’m sorry but really knn! 😭

• Haha! 1

Supercharged
On 1/4/2024 at 3:10 PM, Mkl22 said:

I saw 2.3k I thought ok mah. Till I saw it was quarterly! I’m sorry but really knn! 😭

On 1/4/2024 at 2:39 PM, Hubwee said:

2.3k Qtrly rental....cannot be lah...smelly smelly there should be RM10K per mth ba...

but yeah, my ex boss story, got a few units actually in Sentul and Bangsar area and all cannot rent out...lan lan just go there to use the gym and for resting....really bad....just sell off, funds all tied up...

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 3