Grab Cash Advances service

Sdf4786k

6 hours ago, Vratenza said:

https://www.mom.gov.sg/employment-practices/hours-of-work-overtime-and-rest-days

Please note this:

The pilot union is much more powerful than SMC. 

The union in UK is the most powerful. They provide legal support if the workers has artifacts to show wrongful dismissal OR even retrenchment 

↡ Advertisement

9 hours ago, Vid said:

Sibeh lau kui ... I never step foot in Italy before 😭

I supposed many are not convince of the merits of sunny desaru or exotic Pontian or even kulai.. staycations at Ubin should be the buzz word but unfortunately for a few thousand more u can scoot to Milan for better Instagram pics 

13 hours ago, Mockngbrd said:

Not true. When I was in an advertising agency, I worked till 1-2am on an almost daily basis, if lucky, get to go home at 11-12am. Weekends always on call. Longest I stayed was 3 days in a row in the office. My salary was 5k a month. If you divide the hours, super bo hua. Worked for 1.5 yrs there, blood pressure went up, health went totally down. 

wah... so now you happily earning 50k a month and work 2-3 hours a day and get your kah kias to work until 2am daily?

🤣

55 minutes ago, Enye said:

wah... so now you happily earning 50k a month and work 2-3 hours a day and get your kah kias to work until 2am daily?

🤣

I earn 50k a month I won't be in mcf or sg liao. Go find amdl. 

Edited by Mockngbrd
  • Haha! 2

• can some finance expert help us understand,  taking example of a 24 months installment as comparison,  what is the effective interest rate for 6.5% deducing  upfront from the principle amount  while paying the balance over 24 months ? I am sure it is higher than 6.5%.
Edited by Ct3833

1 hour ago, Ct3833 said:
  • can some finance expert help us understand,  taking example of a 24 months installment as comparison,  what is the effective interest rate for 6.5% deducing  upfront from the principle amount  while paying the balance over 24 months ? I am sure it is higher than 6.5%.

Too cheem

Juz relak one corner and enjoy Milan brudder

• Haha! 2

13 minutes ago, Soya said:

Too cheem

Juz relak one corner and enjoy Milan brudder

You have to understand that I may have to take a loan mah.

• Haha! 1

7 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

You have to understand that I may have to take a loan mah.

Liddat u asking at wrong place liao. MCF all pay full cash one hor. Sifu say one

• Haha! 3

On 11/26/2019 at 12:42 PM, Vratenza said:

https://www.mom.gov.sg/employment-practices/hours-of-work-overtime-and-rest-days

Please note this:

The pilot union is much more powerful than SMC. 

Pilots follow grandfather rules set in the more genteel days when people actually dressed up to take a flight, work 9-to-5, ate dinner at home with family, no internet and e-mails.

Nowadays those rights are slowly going to be eroded. Autonomous flight is already a proven technology. And the robot does not have unions or flight time limitations

• Praise 1

32 minutes ago, Sosaria said:

Pilots follow grandfather rules set in the more genteel days when people actually dressed up to take a flight, work 9-to-5, ate dinner at home with family, no internet and e-mails.

Nowadays those rights are slowly going to be eroded. Autonomous flight is already a proven technology. And the robot does not have unions or flight time limitations

Robots can work 24/7 and don't complain.

Strangely, the people who don't need protection, doctors (SMC), pilots (Union), politicians (PAP), lawyers (the bar), etc. are the most protected, unlike the engineers, bankers, table wipers, cleaners and almost any other jobs...

• Haha! 3

10 hours ago, Voodooman said:

Robots can work 24/7 and don't complain.

Strangely, the people who don't need protection, doctors (SMC), pilots (Union), politicians (PAP), lawyers (the bar), etc. are the most protected, unlike the engineers, bankers, table wipers, cleaners and almost any other jobs...

It's called "old boys' network" [laugh] And out of those you listed, doctors and lawyers, the protection is still there to keep out the horde of similarly qualified FTs and thus maintain the high salaries of the professions. Though I now start to see more and more FT docs in our hospitals these days, so ...

As for pilots, the unions are still holding out, though the AI technology in existence now is clearly able to perform intercontinental flights, evade air defense systems, strike and destroy ground targets, take bomb-damage-assessment photos, and return to base. Flying from point A to B like what airlines do is a piece of cake for the AI.

• Praise 2

8 minutes ago, Sosaria said:

It's called "old boys' network" [laugh] And out of those you listed, doctors and lawyers, the protection is still there to keep out the horde of similarly qualified FTs and thus maintain the high salaries of the professions. Though I now start to see more and more FT docs in our hospitals these days, so ...

As for pilots, the unions are still holding out, though the AI technology in existence now is clearly able to perform intercontinental flights, evade air defense systems, strike and destroy ground targets, take bomb-damage-assessment photos, and return to base. Flying from point A to B like what airlines do is a piece of cake for the AI.

Didnt A.I crash a few planes recently? 

4 hours ago, Mockngbrd said:

Didnt A.I crash a few planes recently? 

If you referring to the Max I personally don't think A.I crashed them but the people who designed the system.

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Ody_2004 said:

If you referring to the Max I personally don't think A.I crashed them but the people who designed the system.

Ai doesn't design itself 

On 11/25/2019 at 8:56 AM, Vratenza said:

To Milan? Really? 

When I was 27yr old, earning the paltry 4 figure salary working 36hrs days, I never thought I "well deserve" an expensive trip to Europe. 

Now I know where most of the $7mil PMD handouts will go to... Ciggies, alcohol and " well-deserved" European trips. 🙄

Yes, mate, been there, done that. Worst was my neurosurgery posting as a HO. 7am rounds, then day chock full of LPs. Then a busy night call (generally no sleep). No post-call either. And I would have to continue working past 7pm the next day to finish up my changes (mainly LPs, so couldn't rush it). Definitely more than 36h on the trot.

I've done EOD calls without post calls and those were terrible enough. But I actually know colleagues who've done consecutive calls because of holiday periods/en-bloc enforced leave of others. The shifts there would easily have exceeded 40 hours. 

Of course, people who haven't been through this wouldn't know what it's like having to force oneself to continue through the fatigue, knowing that a slip could cost a life. 

But not knowing certainly never stops some from commenting, right? And they often take non-literal phrasing "like 36-hour days" literally for comedic effect. 

Changing the subject entirely, @Jamesc, thanks for the timely reminder that we mustn't exaggerate. Or, apparently, that we shouldn't say non-literal things lest we be accused of "lies". 😁

I'm glad we have a role model in you, dear James. I know my friend James is extremely literal-minded and totally averse to exaggeration. Which is why when he says ten bucks or even fifty thousand bucks is nothing to him, he means it literally. 

So I am still patiently waiting for my little payday. I certainly wouldn't mind getting "nothing" (which to me is still something) transferred into my account. 

And I know my friend James is a man of his word, never exaggerates and certainly never, never lies. 

Still waiting... 

😁

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Haha! 2

23 hours ago, Sosaria said:

I am more than happy to see that the talent pool has increase. Just that the quality of care also needs to be improve as well as bedside manners.

Having good medical schedules appointment should be something that needs to be kept on the radar.

Used to be, the mindset was, since its a "gahmen" hospital, long service wait will divert the patients to the pte hospital and GP , if the patient cant wait.

Problem solved by itself.

With the numbers increasing, hopefully, these professionals who come here covert to citizen and not just here for the tour of duties.

Some of the IT staff I know who arrive here fresh off the boat actually need to clock their experience before heading to US or Au and furthering their education.

8 minutes ago, Sdf4786k said:

I am more than happy to see that the talent pool has increase. Just that the quality of care also needs to be improve as well as bedside manners.

Having good medical schedules appointment should be something that needs to be kept on the radar.

Used to be, the mindset was, since its a "gahmen" hospital, long service wait will divert the patients to the pte hospital and GP , if the patient cant wait.

Problem solved by itself.

With the numbers increasing, hopefully, these professionals who come here covert to citizen and not just here for the tour of duties.

Some of the IT staff I know who arrive here fresh off the boat actually need to clock their experience before heading to US or Au and furthering their education.

So far, it has been years that I do not need to wait too long for my medical appointments. All settle within an hour for consultation. But collection of medication from Pharmacy is another headache. They have separate clinics for different speciality illnesses but collection of medication is mostly at a single pharmacy. Thatz where the traffic jam starts. So now they have option of having medications delivered to you. 

But I prefer to go over to JB and get my medications. Cheaper and no queue at those major pharmacies. Just get the prescription from the doctor and take photo of the drug and go JB buy. There is no limit how much you can buy also. But at SG hospital pharmacy, there is a limit.

• Praise 2

6 hours ago, Turboflat4 said:

Yes, mate, been there, done that. Worst was my neurosurgery posting as a HO. 7am rounds, then day chock full of LPs. Then a busy night call (generally no sleep). No post-call either. And I would have to continue working past 7pm the next day to finish up my changes (mainly LPs, so couldn't rush it). Definitely more than 36h on the trot.

I've done EOD calls without post calls and those were terrible enough. But I actually know colleagues who've done consecutive calls because of holiday periods/en-bloc enforced leave of others. The shifts there would easily have exceeded 40 hours. 

Of course, people who haven't been through this wouldn't know what it's like having to force oneself to continue through the fatigue, knowing that a slip could cost a life. 

But not knowing certainly never stops some from commenting, right? And they often take non-literal phrasing "like 36-hour days" literally for comedic effect. 

Changing the subject entirely, @Jamesc, thanks for the timely reminder that we mustn't exaggerate. Or, apparently, that we shouldn't say non-literal things lest we be accused of "lies". 😁

I'm glad we have a role model in you, dear James. I know my friend James is extremely literal-minded and totally averse to exaggeration. Which is why when he says ten bucks or even fifty thousand bucks is nothing to him, he means it literally. 

So I am still patiently waiting for my little payday. I certainly wouldn't mind getting "nothing" (which to me is still something) transferred into my account. 

And I know my friend James is a man of his word, never exaggerates and certainly never, never lies. 

Still waiting... 

😁

I cannot believe you still haven't got the 50k. 

I personally instructed my personal assistant's personal assistant to personally send you the money. 

And please keep the extra 49,990.

Please don't waste my time telling me to accept the 49,990 back. 

I don't want to waste my time dealing with such a paltry amount. 

:D

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1