2020 G30 BMW 5 Series LCI

Carbon82

Officially launched on 27 May 2020 in Germany. Click here to access the latest posts on the official information and photos.

2020-bmw-5-series-facelift-m-sport-1.jpg

2020-bmw-5-series-facelift-m-sport-2.jpg

2020-bmw-5-series-facelift-m-sport-3.jpg

2020-bmw-5-series-facelift-m-sport-4.jpg

2020-bmw-5-series-facelift-m-sport-5.jpg

2020-bmw-5-series-facelift-m-sport-6.jpg

2020-bmw-5-series-facelift-m-sport-7.jpg

2020-bmw-5-series-facelift-m-sport-8.jpg

2020-bmw-5-series-facelift-m-sport-9.jpg

2020-bmw-5-series-facelift-m-sport-10.jp

d53e807c-ce9d1aab-bmw-5-facelift-scoop-0

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 11

5 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

the digital instrument cluster is the new way forward for all bimmers ... 

If it is going to be all digital, don't understand why it can't work like Apple IOS, every 1-2 years, you get a refreshed instrument screen?  

I would prefer for more improvement on the HUD, shouldn't we look less at the dash? 

• Praise 1

53 minutes ago, camrysfe said:

Very minimal change

I for one would not be complaining, or in fact thankful that BMW have decided NOT to enlarge it grill any further (imagine the big fat ugly nose job on the 7er LCI and new X7)...

22 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

If it is going to be all digital, don't understand why it can't work like Apple IOS, every 1-2 years, you get a refreshed instrument screen?  

I would prefer for more improvement on the HUD, shouldn't we look less at the dash? 

I like your ideal!! But BMW or any other auto manufacturer will not be doing that for the obvious reason...

• Praise 8

6 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

I like your ideal!! But BMW or any other auto manufacturer will not be doing that for the obvious reason...

no $$ no talk ... lol

• Praise 1

47 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

I for one would not be complaining, or in fact thankful that BMW have decided NOT to enlarge it grill any further (imagine the big fat ugly nose job on the 7er LCI and new X7)...

Apple carplay is already changing the infotainment game for many auto makers, don’t think they can fight technology.

The Best Way To Get What You Want? Focus On Your Customers' Needs.  That is so true!

• Praise 1

9 hours ago, Voodooman said:

Apple carplay is already changing the infotainment game for many auto makers, don’t think they can fight technology.

The Best Way To Get What You Want? Focus On Your Customers' Needs.  That is so true!

I still feel that a plug in for the center console for a ipad would ideally work wonders for the infortainment and let the industry supply a 3rd party app for drivers to buy and download.

• Praise 1

BMW and other car makers should start using AI to track the driver's eyes to auto signal.

For Sgporean drivers I realised once the signal stalk is located on the left hand side their brains get an error message. Their brains want to signal but the next thing the brain goes "where's the signal stalk?! Left or right side?!" and then error message(404). Somehow their signalling ability shut down after that and they had changed to the next lane or already did the turn. Not just bmw drivers but I notice other drivers as well.

Some are slightly better. By the time they had found or realised where the signal stalk they are half way thru changing lanes. They signal late but at least better than those whose brains get an error message.

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

On 11/26/2019 at 8:23 AM, Watwheels said:

BMW and other car makers should start using AI to track the driver's eyes to auto signal.

For Sgporean drivers I realised once the signal stalk is located on the left hand side their brains get an error message. Their brains want to signal but the next thing the brain goes "where's the signal stalk?! Left or right side?!" and then error message(404). Somehow their signalling ability shut down after that and they had changed to the next lane or already did the turn. Not just bmw drivers but I notice other drivers as well.

Some are slightly better. By the time they had found or realised where the signal stalk they are half way thru changing lanes. They signal late but at least better than those whose brains get an error message.

Don’t think that is accurate.  Most drivers buy Jap and Korean makes first and upgrade to conti later, the signalling habit don’t just disappear because the signal stalk is on the “wrong” side.  

At least that is true for me. 

• Praise 2

3 hours ago, Hamburger said:

Luckily no rat teeth

I think this shall be the last with "small" grille. [:(]

3 hours ago, Wt_know said:

what are the changes? lol

A side by side comparison (M Sport version) and I personally find the LCI look much better... although it does look like an upsized G20 3er. 

bmw_330e_m_sport_249_075906080d3908f8.jp

2021-bmw-5-series-facelift-lci.jpg

bmw_520d_sedan_m_sport_390.jpg

bmw_330e_m_sport_692_015f00fa16450ee7.jp

2021-bmw-5-series-facelift-lci-1.jpg

bmw_520d_sedan_m_sport_47.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 9