2020 5th Generation Honda City

Zxcvb

On 11/26/2019 at 6:21 PM, Davidtch said:

I think he meant CVT lag. With 7 preset ratio, there should not be any CVT lag.

Since this is a single scroll turbo, there might be lag till 2k RPM.

I believe with modern technology, small turbo engine have improved the turbo lag to below 1200-1500rpm. So although there is still some lag, the user experience is much more improved for city driving

↡ Advertisement

47 minutes ago, Ceecookie said:

I believe with modern technology, small turbo engine have improved the turbo lag to below 1200-1500rpm. So although there is still some lag, the user experience is much more improved for city driving

Since max torque starts from 2k, there might be turbo lag up till that RPM.

Of course the user experience is better than NA for city driving 

Anyone got experience in this car?  Like sit in it in thailand or rented one in thailand or wherever?

I went to Honda showroom today the SE say it's coming and the current Honda City is going to be phased out.

I told the SE still thinking :D

maybe I wait for new model if review are good. 

supposedly there is a deadline of june 2020 if I still want the old model of Honda city.   Don't know if it's TRUE or salea tactic.  I told the SE i still thinking :D

• Haha! 2

23 hours ago, Philipkee said:

Anyone got experience in this car?  Like sit in it in thailand or rented one in thailand or wherever?

I went to Honda showroom today the SE say it's coming and the current Honda City is going to be phased out.

supposedly there is a deadline of june 2020 if I still want the old model of Honda city.   Don't know if it's TRUE or salea tactic.  I told the SE i still thinking :D

Any indication from SE on the powertrain we will get the new City? What I have read is that the 1.0T will likely remain as a Thai-exclusive to be eligible for Eco Car Phase II benefits but will be too expensive to export making it not viable. Likely other markets will still be getting 1.5L NA. 

On 1/19/2020 at 11:13 AM, Philipkee said:

Think the SE is telling the truth.. Anyway, still a long way for you to think.. Local market should be getting the 1.5L N.A engine still.. 

On 1/19/2020 at 11:13 AM, Philipkee said:

I haven't driven the new 1.0T, but judging by past experiences with the small turbo cars, the light weight of this car along with the torque generated, will give you a nice push.

The FC should be good too. IMO, the new car is worth waiting for, then you test drive and see if you like it. 

Higher resale, lower road tax, what's there not to like? And maybe, just maybe, they will give more airbags and safety features.. 

On 11/28/2019 at 11:25 AM, Ceecookie said:

how modern be it, there will still be lag as long it is single scroll turbo. especially when stuck in stop go traffic at low rpm.

• Praise 2

22 minutes ago, Xers007 said:

how modern be it, there will still be lag as long it is single scroll turbo. especially when stuck in stop go traffic at low rpm.

I don't think the buyers at this end of the market are expecting Ferraris.. OMV matters more than the 0-100 or the responsive bro.. expectations need to be tempered.. 

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, therock said:

I don't think the buyers at this end of the market are expecting Ferraris.. OMV matters more than the 0-100 or the responsive bro.. expectations need to be tempered.. 

I am actually responding to another bro on this "I believe with modern technology, small turbo engine have improved the turbo lag to below 1200-1500rpm. So although there is still some lag, the user experience is much more improved for city driving" and relating my experience on these small turbo cars.

But i believe there will still be someone who will make comparison on 0-100 for this range of cars. 

• Praise 1

11 hours ago, therock said:

I'm not sure what the fuss is about... "Honda-gate??" they came clean, and it's not like a broken gearbox or false emissions... 

Until Thailand resume delivery, we will never know when will KM launches it.

3 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

So I got more time to think :D

IMHO, if you are moving from the Accent, it's a nice upgrade for not much more.

The Vios isn't bad too, with the safety features and all, and the Mazda 3 is nice too, but it's now in a whole new price bracket... 

• Praise 1

On 1/20/2020 at 11:58 AM, Xers007 said:

agreed. tested the audi A3 with 1.0T, lag lag lag... the puny 1000cc without the turbo spinning, is super sluggish.

Edited by Mkl22

9 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

agreed. tested the audi A3 with 1.0T, lag lag lag... the puny 1000cc without the turbo spinning, is super sluggish.

need VGT or Twin Scroll... am wondering if possible to modify a single scroll to twin scroll... but ppl will say might as well change car...

Edited by Xers007

4 minutes ago, Xers007 said:

need VGT or Twin Scroll... am wondering if possible to modify a single scroll to twin scroll... but ppl will say might as well change car...

Change to twin scroll turbo.

VGT requires ECU change

↡ Advertisement