2020 5th Generation Honda City

Zxcvb

Supersonic
1 hour ago, Thecarboy302 said:

Checked LTA fuel cost calculator and noticed there's SV manual. Maybe it's for driving schools like how Jazz 1.5 RS manuals are being used by BBDC as learner cars. 

If manual car is not producing, then those driving school in future how to have manual car as learner cars le?

↡ Advertisement

19 hours ago, Philipkee said:

I drive accent.  Previous car was avante.  Traded it after 7.5 years for this accent.

At 4 years plus engine oil leaked.

At 5 years changed aircon compressor

At 6 years plus, transmission fluid leaked 

At 7.5 years traded it in with faulty transmission.  Can drive but L is not working so it's only effectively D N R P only.

Didn't know Avante to be so bad. There are still many COEed  Avantes onthe road as PHV!

1 hour ago, Mooose said:

Yes, though if so it is likely special order.

BBDC will need some manual cars for manual learners but if BBDC ordered the City, wonder why they get the SV rather than the basic S with steel wheel etc.

In Thailand the auto S is B580,000 (about S$25,700) and the SV is B665,000 (S$29,500) not a small difference in % terms.

Well they got the more expensive Jazz 1.5 RS for manual models. So I guess getting SV trim still okay for them. 🤣

1 hour ago, 13177 said:

If manual car is not producing, then those driving school in future how to have manual car as learner cars le?

Probably have to go 2nd hand. I see many private instructors in the BB/CCK area recently switched to Perodua Bezzas as it was still sold with manual brand new until the recent facelift launch. 

1 hour ago, 13177 said:

Lorry still got manual option. LoL...

• Haha! 1

Supersonic
34 minutes ago, Thecarboy302 said:

Probably have to go 2nd hand. I see many private instructors in the BB/CCK area recently switched to Perodua Bezzas as it was still sold with manual brand new until the recent facelift launch. 

Maybe next time no more manual driving licence liao? So they no need manual learner cars?!

3 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Maybe next time no more manual driving licence liao? So they no need manual learner cars?!

Not likely as long as there are manual cars being produced.  But if all major AD stop manual car production, including sports cars, then yea.

Cos demand for manual licence will always be there.  It just gets more and more niche.

4 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Hey bro, now high tech got simulator in driving school.  Maybe after passing the manual simulator course learners can buy their manual Porsche GT3 and have it tow to the driving school for the on the road driving lesson. 😂

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Watwheels said:

Hey bro, now high tech got simulator in driving school.  Maybe after passing the manual simulator course learners can buy their manual Porsche GT3 and have it tow to the driving school for the on the road driving lesson. 😂

Eh but then instructors must be well versed with manual cars right?  Cannot be instructors all trained by simulators also.....

• Haha! 1

On 7/21/2020 at 5:41 PM, Philipkee said:

Eh but then instructors must be well versed with manual cars right?  Cannot be instructors all trained by simulators also.....

Left those old old instructors who still know how to teach.

• Shocked 1

5 hours ago, Watwheels said:

Left those old old instructors who still know how to teach.

Are they here in MCF?  We are all old old drivers here and hearsay can still drive manual cars...

Wow Honda Malaysia launching City RS with all new engine, well as expected Singapore always get weaker version of everything, 

2020 Honda City open for booking in Malaysia – new 1.5L NA, world debut for RS i-MMD hybrid, Q4 launch

https://paultan.org/2020/08/14/new-honda-city-now-open-for-booking-in-malaysia-world-debut-for-city-rs-i-mmd-variant-in-q4-2020/

2020-Honda-City-Malaysia-flyer-image.jpg

2020 Honda City RS in a number of driving situations to highlight the performance of its 1.5-litre Intelligent-Multi Mode Drive (I-MMD) hybrid powerplant (Honda’s latest-generation hybrid) which outputs a combined torque figure of 253 Nm – besting that of even the Camry 2.5L, with 235 Nm. (Such a troll that Honda made)

This is the first time, the I-MMD hybrid system will feature in the City, making it a world debut of sorts, when the car is officially introduced in Q4 of this year. The all-new 2020 Honda City RS also debuts a first-in-segment Electric Parking Brake (EPB) feature.

Edited by Fellows
  • Praise 2

Well as for Singapore, sorry I can only laugh at our spec.

Honda Malaysia has confirmed that its highly-anticipated sedan will be launched in Malaysia in Q4 2020, with an RS i-MMD variant being among the models on offer - something that has yet to be made available in other parts of the world, currently the same technology is found on the new JDM Honda Fit Hybrid. 

This highest end variant come with Honda Lanewatch and maybe equip with Honda Sensing(?) 

Edited by Fellows

Bolehland new City has full Honda Sensing suite and rear discs while ours don't...And our prices are 3x more ex than them

Who is laughing at who now huh? 

Edited by Cheefarn
  • Haha! 1

i wonder will kah motor bring in the range topping version with the new engine, that torque figure of 250+Nm is  powerful for a car in this size... Can imagine the premium pricing for this car, possibly slightly lower than the 1.6 NA civic.

Actually the rear taillight look abit like the new BMW G20 3-series. Malaysia City RS e.HEV owners definitely will laugh at our noob City RS for sure.

Our is Rear disc brake, no Honda Sensing and no Honda Lanewatch. 

Edited by Fellows
↡ Advertisement