2020 5th Generation Honda City

Zxcvb

11 hours ago, Thecarboy302 said:

One point on New City I find quite weird is that there's no 60/40 fold down rear seats while the previous gen has it. 🤔

It probably will in the latter batches... 

↡ Advertisement

On 10/16/2020 at 11:23 PM, yellowshaun said:

I think KM had 1.65% when I was looking around last month... Toyota when I bought my Vios was 2.28% =(

KMC interests was 1.65% last weekend 

My SE just called me suddenly and say there might be a stock of the metallic silver Honda City coming so if the bid is successful, I might get the car in November instead.

Suddenly this COE bid is very exciting for me.  Supposed to me "meh" for me since the car will come in March anyway but now its different....

:D

or is it @Jamesc tell them better deliver the car faster lest I go visit Kah Motor more often and finish up their christmas and CNY supplies of biscuits ......🤔🥳

Edited by Philipkee
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 4

5 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

My SE just called me suddenly and say there might be a stock of the metallic silver Honda City coming so if the bid is successful, I might get the car in November instead.

Suddenly this COE bid is very exciting for me.  Supposed to me "meh" for me since the car will come in March anyway but now its different....

or is it @Jamesc tell them better deliver the car faster lest I go visit Kah Motor more often and finish up their christmas and CNY supplies of biscuits ......🤔🥳

Thought you choose steel metallic? How come the metallic silver stock is yours? :huh:

4 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

Yah I told them VVIP customer must deliver FIRST.

Wait till next March maybe cost of coffee and biscuits also not enough to cover.

Sure make a loss one.

:grin:

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 4

13 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

Please don't service your car or change tyres.

I am buying your car to give to my MIL.

Brakes, suspension all not working never mind.

My MIL won't be using it for long anyway.

• Haha! 3

35 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

Sorry. Metallic steel. Type too fast. :D

Over excited that your car might arrives earlier? :D Good la if KAH manage to secure coe this wed and can collect your new car in Nov, then you can drive your new car to KAH to finish up their christmas and CNY supplies of biscuits. Cause you have more reason to go there eat their biscuits and coffee since you are already their customer. Lol.

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

I wonder if it's better to delay your collection as long as possible. notwithstanding the benefit of free flow kopi and biscuit till next year, you also get to use your current car till next year at a fixed trade in price

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, kododrift said:

I wonder if it's better to delay your collection as long as possible. notwithstanding the benefit of free flow kopi and biscuit till next year, you also get to use your current car till next year at a fixed trade in price

Even he collected his new car, he still can go to have free flow kopi and biscuit la. 🤣

• Haha! 1

2 hours ago, kododrift said:

No I don't think that's a good idea.

• Haha! 2

3 hours ago, kododrift said:

Not really. The fixed trade in price is not really "fixed".  There was a before April 2021 and after April 2021 trade in price. Reason for April is before April 4, it's a 3 year plus car and on April 4, it's a 4 year old car.  Difference in price is about a thousand dollars or less (as in before april its 40xxx and after april its 39xxx so not exactly a thousand).  If I trade in the car by this month or november its probably going to be 41xxx to 42xxx.  So it's not really "fixed" trade in price but at least it won't go below $39xxx

Then you have to consider if i trade in now, i gst some money back from the car insurance that's balance plus I am not paying for the installments for accent.  Meaning my trade in price in April might be $2000 lesser only if I trade in after April as compared to now  but it would have paid about $4000 worth of car installments to keep the car till April so it's not really an advantage.

But I do lose out in road tax cos i have paid for my road tax till April 2021 which will not be refunded (roughly $300 for 5 months worth of road tax that I have paid for but will not consume)...

Yea my ex boss asked me why can't I think like this at work instead.  I could help in their budgeting department and save a lot of money for them..  :D

Plus KMC has free parking. I can still go there and then walk over to Kah for the biscuits and coffee...

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

2 hours ago, 13177 said:

Even he collected his new car, he still can go to have free flow kopi and biscuit la. 🤣

Not only Kah motor lah...  Other AD also have.

But not Mercedes 😡

Their cafe is not free.  Must pay for the coffee or sandwiches :D

Trust me.  I got check this kind of things.

Edited by Philipkee
  • Praise 1
  • Shocked 2
  • Haha! 2

10 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

Not really. The fixed trade in price is not really "fixed".  There was a before April 2021 and after April 2021 trade in price. Reason for April is before April 4, it's a 3 year plus car and on April 4, it's a 4 year old car.  Difference in price is about a thousand dollars or less (as in before april its 40xxx and after april its 39xxx so not exactly a thousand).  If I trade in the car by this month or november its probably going to be 41xxx to 42xxx.  So it's not really "fixed" trade in price but at least it won't go below $39xxx

Then you have to consider if i trade in now, i gst some money back from the car insurance that's balance plus I am not paying for the installments for accent.  Meaning my trade in price in April might be $2000 lesser only if I trade in after April as compared to now  but it would have paid about $4000 worth of car installments to keep the car till April so it's not really an advantage.

But I do lose out in road tax cos i have paid for my road tax till April 2021 which will not be refunded (roughly $300 for 5 months worth of road tax that I have paid for but will not consume)...

Yea my ex boss asked me why can't I think like this at work instead.  I could help in their budgeting department and save a lot of money for them..  :D

Plus KMC has free parking. I can still go there and then walk over to Kah for the biscuits and coffee...

Maybe you can eat KMC biscuits and drink their coffee?

The boss of KMC OBS is a lot richer than me.

• Haha! 1

10 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

I see.. at least they will give you a better price than next year if you trade in now. 

and thanks for the useful tip on free parking 👍

• Haha! 1

29 minutes ago, Yap88 said:

Phil., your Hyundai Accent only 4yrs old., u trade in 40k ? Why So low they take in? 

29 minutes ago, Yap88 said:

Don't really understand but it's about $1000 more than my scrap value of the car (balance COE plus PARF).  Maybe you were asking why not offer more. I think they want to export it and my car is a manual transmission so yea I knew from day one resale value is going to be low and it will most likely be scrapped when I offload the car.

I did a calculation based on my amount paid minus amount I get back after settling loan divided by number of years, I get depreciation of $95xx a year.  My car original depreciation would be about $8000+ / a year if I had kept it for 10 years (roughly there la) based on my car cost price- PARF/10.  But you would need to factor in repair costs when the car is older based on my experience with the avante.

So not too bad lor.  

But if COE were crashing or going down, I would have waited but with quota going down I think best to just go for it.

Sometimes it seems like I got multiple spreadsheets plus market news plus stock trading forecasts before I buy anything  :D

Edited by Philipkee

1 hour ago, Philipkee said:

Not only Kah motor lah...  Other AD also have.

But not Mercedes 😡

Their cafe is not free.  Must pay for the coffee or sandwiches :D

Trust me.  I got check this kind of things.

Leng kee car showroom area, most have free coffee and biscuits ah, except mercs!? 😂 But free parking, kah dont have?

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1