2020 5th Generation Honda City

Zxcvb

5 hours ago, Philipkee said:

Btw I dunno if anyone tried this.  Use cruise control to drive the honda city in the expressway.  Start at cruise control at 80 km/hr then press up to speed up, press down to slow down...  

yes many years ago i did try this before (not in a honda city though) but really i asked myself why would anyone want to do this?

it is easier and more intuitive if the usual accelerator is used with the right foot.

i also realised that if something were to happen suddenly, like a car cut in, instinct is to release the accelerator and or brake but here because your right foot is not on the accelerator letting go of the cruise control stick would not slow the car down. you must brake to slow down .. a little more hairy if you ask me.

as an aside i find a speed limiter more useful than a cruise control in singapore - on a stretch like the kpe you can set it to 80kmh and adjust your speed with the accelerator instead of driving at a fixed 80kmh all the time knowing that no matter how much you step on the accelerator you will not exceed the speed limit .. but then that may be just me.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

3 hours ago, Mooose said:

yes many years ago i did try this before (not in a honda city though) but really i asked myself why would anyone want to do this?

it is easier and more intuitive if the usual accelerator is used with the right foot.

i also realised that if something were to happen suddenly, like a car cut in, instinct is to release the accelerator and or brake but here because your right foot is not on the accelerator letting go of the cruise control stick would not slow the car down. you must brake to slow down .. a little more hairy if you ask me.

as an aside i find a speed limiter more useful than a cruise control in singapore - on a stretch like the kpe you can set it to 80kmh and adjust your speed with the accelerator instead of driving at a fixed 80kmh all the time knowing that no matter how much you step on the accelerator you will not exceed the speed limit .. but then that may be just me.

Agree it would be more hairy if there is a sudden change in situation.  But then it's the same with a speed limiter though I admit in Singapore context, in an emergency situation, we usually need to brake or slow suddenly as compared to accelerate suddenly.

2 hours ago, Philipkee said:

Agree it would be more hairy if there is a sudden change in situation.  But then it's the same with a speed limiter though I admit in Singapore context, in an emergency situation, we usually need to brake or slow suddenly as compared to accelerate suddenly.

speed limiter "safer" because the car is still fully controlled by your right foot on the accelerator or brake .. when you lift off the accelerator the car will slow down, as opposed to cruise control which makes the car continue at the same speed and where the accelerator does not control the speed

11 hours ago, Philipkee said:

Dunno.  I like to cover everything.  You should have seen my accent.  Seat cover, head rest cover, seatbelt cover, steering wheel cover,gear shift cover,handbrake cover, pedal cover.....

:D

You have old habits that's difficult to change.  I guess. 

• Haha! 1

But cruise control not that difficult to handle for this Honda City though IIRC previous city needed a lever or something and not merely a button?

But so far have only tried the right side of the steering wheel.   Left side is more for radio (already preset so I usually dont adjust) and for telephone (not sure if it's a good idea to try cos I am not used to taking phone calls while driving even if its blue tooth or hands free).IMG-20201112-WA0005.thumb.jpeg.93f86effac7d28f0616a484d9b3aa70f.jpeg

9 hours ago, Philipkee said:

But cruise control not that difficult to handle for this Honda City though IIRC previous city needed a lever or something and not merely a button?

But so far have only tried the right side of the steering wheel.   Left side is more for radio (already preset so I usually dont adjust) and for telephone (not sure if it's a good idea to try cos I am not used to taking phone calls while driving even if its blue tooth or hands free).IMG-20201112-WA0005.thumb.jpeg.93f86effac7d28f0616a484d9b3aa70f.jpeg

Think i saw u at SgGarage yishun earlier today. 

• Shocked 1

20 hours ago, Mooose said:

speed limiter "safer" because the car is still fully controlled by your right foot on the accelerator or brake .. when you lift off the accelerator the car will slow down, as opposed to cruise control which makes the car continue at the same speed and where the accelerator does not control the speed

I'm also someone who prefers to use a limiter than cruise control. I find that pressing the button to decrease speed is sometimes not fast enough, releasing the accelerator is much better

1 hour ago, Philipkee said:

High chance.  Cos I was there from 11 - 1300.

I was there with my wife. My vehicle

was parked inside. We were standing behind the shop when u left and drove past us. Think saw u did the logo for ur vehicle for the rear. Did not see the iconic gear knob leh. Sad 😞 😂 

• Haha! 5

1 hour ago, Philipkee said:

High chance.  Cos I was there from 11 - 1300.

Philip's City

is of the first latest model City in SG.

If you see his colour, its high probability its HIM.

:grin:

• Haha! 2

12 hours ago, Philipkee said:

I think the lever is Toyota.

Rented the Camry in Australia,and lo and behold, its a lever operated cruise control.

They ditched it from the new Camry onwards.

In the meanwhile, Peugeot never learns and continues to do so.

• Haha! 3

1 hour ago, Fyo8822 said:

I was there with my wife. My vehicle

was parked inside. We were standing behind the shop when u left and drove past us. Think saw u did the logo for ur vehicle for the rear. Did not see the iconic gear knob leh. Sad 😞 😂 

The knob cover has been thrown away liao cos it interfered with the button.

But if you see this combination on a Honda city, you will know its mine.

Matte black label and matte black door bowl wrap.  That was what I was doing at sggarage

20201113_193952.jpg

20201113_194001.jpg

54 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

The knob cover has been thrown away liao cos it interfered with the button.

But if you see this combination on a Honda city, you will know its mine.

Matte black label and matte black door bowl wrap.  That was what I was doing at sggarage

20201113_193952.jpg

20201113_194001.jpg

Yup. It was u. My assumption is correct. Too bad did not see u ard if not will approach u to take a look at ur new ride

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Mooose said:

thailand launching city hatchback .. looks nicer than the japanese jazz imho

http://www.headlightmag.com/all-new-honda-city-hatchback-turbo-world-premiere-thailand/

november 24th

Only in our dreams...

SG buyers don't pay for high power engines... 

Price first, features second, safety distant third and then power...

Besides it looks like an obese Pulsar ... 🙂

Edited by therock
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1