2020 5th Generation Honda City

Zxcvb

6 hours ago, Spring said:

AD will bring in Jazz there is no doubt on this.

But what’s in doubt is whether they bring the Jap Fit n rebadge as Jazz which is what they hv been doing all this while OR as some reports mention (see link below) rebadge the City HB as Jazz for our local markets. 

https://www.google.com.sg/amp/s/www.autoindustriya.com/auto-industry-news/honda-city-hatchback-ready-for-november-24-debut/amp

it may make more financial sense for AD to bring in city hatch (badged as jazz or not) .. made in thailand probably can get omv slightly lower, plus share more body/interior parts save on parts inventory .. 

will watch pricing in thailand next week .. even if thats a 1.0 turbo can still guess pricing vis-a-vis sedan.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

6 hours ago, Spring said:

But what’s in doubt is whether they bring the Jap Fit n rebadge as Jazz which is what they hv been doing all this while OR as some reports mention (see link below) rebadge the City HB as Jazz for our local markets. 

https://www.google.com.sg/amp/s/www.autoindustriya.com/auto-industry-news/honda-city-hatchback-ready-for-november-24-debut/amp

i read msia paultan mentioned thailand also will rebadge city HB as jazz and msia may follow the same....but honestly speaking i feel the new gen honda jazz design  too CUTE already and this kind of design may not sell well in south east asia

• Praise 1

On 11/19/2020 at 11:02 AM, Spring said:

Fit is JDM version of Jazz.

Jazz is the "other market". It's not a deliberate re-badge. There are physical differences.

3 hours ago, HondaJizz said:

Fit is JDM version of Jazz.

Jazz is the "other market". It's not a deliberate re-badge. There are physical differences.

The outgoing generation Fit/Jazz is the same car bar minor differences.

The latest generation Fit is already out n sold by PI but this time it’s anybody’s guess if Kah will do as before or use the City HB n rebadge as Jazz which if true, would mean a radical departure from previous norms. 

• Praise 4

surprise surprise ..

honda thailand has sneaked in the launch of the city 1.5 hybrid sedan at the launch of the city hatch next week.

top of the range well loaded RS with sensing .. to sell for under B800,000 (sgd 35,000 approx).

lets see if kah will bring this in ..

29 minutes ago, Mooose said:

surprise surprise ..

honda thailand has sneaked in the launch of the city 1.5 hybrid sedan at the launch of the city hatch next week.

top of the range well loaded RS with sensing .. to sell for under B800,000 (sgd 35,000 approx).

lets see if kah will bring this in ..

Bro

you keep looking over the border at stuff that’s not available here

may I ask how much will you pay for this ?

110k or 120k?

thats the cost of the closest rivals from Korea 

We are a very cost sensitive country I’m not sure your wish will come to fruition..

sorry to burst that bubble bro 

looks like thailand will retain city name for hatchback, pricing is just a touch higher than sedan and deliveries should start january 2021 ..

remains to be seen what local AD will do ..

On 11/21/2020 at 9:45 AM, therock said:

Bro

110k or 120k?

We are a very cost sensitive country I’m not sure your wish will come to fruition..

Correct.  Always compare what Thailand have vs what AD brings in. What's the point?

On 11/21/2020 at 9:45 AM, therock said:

Bro

110k or 120k?

Depends if they are greedy or not..

If they dare to sell more ex than Altis hybrid then they are relatively dumb and greedy.

I hope those buyers considering the mild hybrids like the Mazda 3, and even this hybrid do your maths.. 

You may save some $ on fuel costs initially, but check how much a battery change will cost. You may find that that initial savings will be totally wiped out and more.

I considered a Civic hybrid more than 15 years ago, the maths didn't work out...

• Praise 2

25 minutes ago, therock said:

I hope those buyers considering the mild hybrids like the Mazda 3, and even this hybrid do your maths.. 

You may save some $ on fuel costs initially, but check how much a battery change will cost. You may find that that initial savings will be totally wiped out and more.

I considered a Civic hybrid more than 15 years ago, the maths didn't work out...

This mild hybrid does nothing to propel the car. Purpose is to charge up the battery to supply electricity for devices.

Agree that this is basically a useless and expensive to maintain feature.

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, therock said:

just fanciful tech to meet emission requirements and rebates, these rebates dont really get pass on to the consumers anyway. 

its not functional in sg sense cause of the cost we pay for a car but in overseas, it makes absolute sense due to the higher mileage. 

mild hybrid like mazda 3 i agree is nonsense but proper hybrid cars do give the extra torque and fuel savings (for high enough mileage). 

Edited by ferrytales

1 hour ago, ferrytales said:

just fanciful tech to meet emission requirements and rebates, these rebates dont really get pass on to the consumers anyway. 

its not functional in sg sense cause of the cost we pay for a car but in overseas, it makes absolute sense due to the higher mileage. 

mild hybrid like mazda 3 i agree is nonsense but proper hybrid cars do give the extra torque and fuel savings (for high enough mileage). 

Its either get a hybrid or non hybrid 🚗.  Those mazda 3 mild hybrid is neither here nor there. 

1 hour ago, ferrytales said:

It's a marketing term... I've been hearing from people who are non-car enthusiasts telling me that mazda 3 is a hybrid car, some even went as far as to think it is competing against the prius 😆

On 11/26/2020 at 11:44 PM, Rickster said:

It's a marketing term... I've been hearing from people who are non-car enthusiasts telling me that mazda 3 is a hybrid car, some even went as far as to think it is competing against the prius 😆

Many people have poor knowledge. 8n mcf, too many to mention too.

↡ Advertisement