2020 5th Generation Honda City

Zxcvb

Went to kaypoh the city today.

Everything looks good, space was good.. And then we press the buttons eeeeeeewww like some cheap feeling, felt worse than the Attrage...

Also the rear seats can't fold down like vios E so annoying aiyo car so ex but cut corner on this zzzzz...

I would still go for the Jazz...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Hi all, dunno if it's my driving or it's normal but twice it happened. I was coasting in my City when the rev suddenly go up (about 2500+ rpm).

Normally I drive about 2000 rpm. Did not press accelerator or what.  Just coasting in D.  It goes away after a few seconds but dunno if its cos I did something or it just went away. I double checked.  Nothing pressing accelerator or anything.  

Speed never go up.  Just the rev

Is this the famed rubber band effect?  But I am not accelerating....

48 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

Hi all, dunno if it's my driving or it's normal but twice it happened. I was coasting in my City when the rev suddenly go up (about 2500+ rpm).

Normally I drive about 2000 rpm. Did not press accelerator or what.  Just coasting in D.  It goes away after a few seconds but dunno if its cos I did something or it just went away. I double checked.  Nothing pressing accelerator or anything.  

Have you went for a test drive with the service advisor? By right cvt trans will not have sudden surge in rpm

On 12/1/2020 at 8:05 PM, RogerNg_185295 said:

He bought a vios,  so he must put down the Honda City so that he can sleep better at night.  My guess only.

Lol finally I kenna from the infamous Roger Ng. Nope we actually really like the city very very much even with those issues I mentioned... It could have been an unparallel offering...

Very sian if the amazing jazz is going to be replaced by the city hatchback.

But if I were to replace the vios at this price point, the Kia cerato GT will get my vote.

• Haha! 1

32 minutes ago, RogerNg_185295 said:

Have you went for a test drive with the service advisor? By right cvt trans will not have sudden surge in rpm

Two years ago with old model.  This model? No.  Hahah.  I see the price I buy.  I just ask the SE engine still same as last time, he say yes then I say I ON. Buy  liao 

2 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

With Honda City, Vios sales will continues to drop.

FL doesn't help.

The Cerato GT pricing now is about the same as City, I find it a more attractive buy than both the City and Vios!

Too bad the low seating position makes me quite nauseas when I am sitting behind looking after the baby =D

3 hours ago, yellowshaun said:

Wah wah wah! Yeah i can see why! The City much more handsome, has rear air con vents and a more spacious interior! (Maybe in thailand the price difference isnt so significant?)

https://www.wapcar.my/news/honda-city-outsells-yaris-ativvios-in-thailand-in-october-2020-20930

toyota and honda are high volume sellers in thai market but private buyers prefer honda partly because toyota is plentiful as taxis.

even though yaris ativ cheaper than city and has more (7) airbags across range (city mainly 2 airbags for S, V and SV only RS has 6 airbags).

Edited by Mooose

On 12/3/2020 at 12:03 PM, Philipkee said:

Had it in my previous car also but mine slightly different. Rpm drops quite low when idle which results in vibration. 

For your case, maybe the ecu is trying to make up its mind etc. 

• Shocked 1

On 12/4/2020 at 2:18 PM, wongpumpkins said:

is the road is downslope when rpm increase?

Yes.  And after I release accelerator.  It happened a few times  but actually only two times.  The other times I was trying to trigger it.

So after acceleration and then slowing down it happens but not always so there is probably a trigger point and not automatically happen.

Edited by Philipkee

1 hour ago, Philipkee said:

Yes.  And after I release accelerator.  It happened a few times  but actually only two times.  The other times I was trying to trigger it.

So after acceleration and then slowing down it happens but not always so there is probably a trigger point and not automatically happen.

could it be a simulated gear change (since its CVT) or engine brake kicking in thus the rpm fluctuation? considering its downslope. 

Edited by ferrytales
  • Shocked 1

On 12/5/2020 at 12:53 PM, yellowshaun said:

My BM SE says the new Vios facelift coming soon liao

I googled n found this new fl vios

There is an improvement on the ugliness

IMG_20201206_215450.jpg

Edited by Kia7200
↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1