2020 5th Generation Honda City

Zxcvb

1 hour ago, 13177 said:

Indeed nothing much nice colour to choose. But the steel metallic seems not bad?! 

Duno lei. I will go to take a look when it is on display.  Then see how

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

19 minutes ago, Thecarboy302 said:

RS version has 6 airbags vs SV at 4. Otherwise main differences are purely aesthetics between the two trims I feel. 

Also buys you 0.1s difference in 0-100😂

Such a waste though. They should have at least bought in the 1.0T for the RS for better drivability 😔

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Supersonic
1 hour ago, Philipkee said:

Duno lei. I will go to take a look when it is on display.  Then see how

Ya, must see the actual car then know. Lol.

Supercharged
18 hours ago, Spring said:

Airbag is a safety gadget, I don't think u can remove this kind of gadgets locally.  Anyway it makes no sense to import with the airbag and then remove locally cos u would hv already been charged tax on this which thus defeats the purpose of removing.

Perhaps it may be possible to indent less airbags but let's wait for the official launch to see how many airbags are in the City for models here. I would expect 6 which is the standard in most cars today.  

Maybe i am not clear in my previous post but that is precisely what i meant as what you mentioned. Seems like toyota cars always have lesser airbags option, even with the 2020 VIOS model if you look at the specs below

https://www.autoindustriya.com/auto-industry-news/2020-toyota-vios-xle-xe-j-base-will-only-have-3-airbags.html 

Supersonic
(edited)
7 minutes ago, Xers007 said:

Maybe i am not clear in my previous post but that is precisely what i meant as what you mentioned. Seems like toyota cars always have lesser airbags option, even with the 2020 VIOS model if you look at the specs below

https://www.autoindustriya.com/auto-industry-news/2020-toyota-vios-xle-xe-j-base-will-only-have-3-airbags.html 

The current vios has 7 airbags. So they reduce the airbags for 2020 vios?!

Edited by 13177

Supercharged
5 minutes ago, 13177 said:

No, i meant there is option to have lesser airbags (means AD can indent for lesser airbag specs from car maker) not pertaining to the ones sold in SG. Those sold in SG is having 7 airbags.

Supersonic
36 minutes ago, Xers007 said:

No, i meant there is option to have lesser airbags (means AD can indent for lesser airbag specs from car maker) not pertaining to the ones sold in SG. Those sold in SG is having 7 airbags.

I see i see.

42 minutes ago, 13177 said:

I think Vios is 7 airbags standard across all countries.

Previous version Honda City sold in Msia has different number of airbags depends on trim.  

(edited)

It is a pity that the new 1.0 turbo seems to be kept only for the domestic Thai market.

India is also getting the older 1.5.

Just for interest, Singapore is getting the top 2 of the 4 models of the City, but the RS in Thailand is mechanically exactly the same as the SV.

In Thailand the RS has better spec, LED headlights, black grille, 16" rims, front foglights, suede upholstery, rear armrest, red lighting for the instrument panel and curtain airbags.

The SV has leather/synthetic leather seats with ivory door inserts instead of the suede in the RS.

The RS costs B74,000 more than the SV in Thailand.

The colour palette is the same in Thailand, but buyers pay B10000 more for platinum white pearl, and the red metallic is only for the RS and not available for the SV.

Not sure if it will be brought into Singapore but there is an in-built rear camera for both SV and RS, using the 8" touch screen in the middle of the dashboard.

Edited by Mooose
  • Praise 2

(edited)
2 hours ago, Mooose said:

It is a pity that the new 1.0 turbo seems to be kept only for the domestic Thai market.

India is also getting the older 1.5.

Just for interest, Singapore is getting the top 2 of the 4 models of the City, but the RS in Thailand is mechanically exactly the same as the SV.

In Thailand the RS has better spec, LED headlights, black grille, 16" rims, front foglights, suede upholstery, rear armrest, red lighting for the instrument panel and curtain airbags.

The SV has leather/synthetic leather seats with ivory door inserts instead of the suede in the RS.

The RS costs B74,000 more than the SV in Thailand.

The colour palette is the same in Thailand, but buyers pay B10000 more for platinum white pearl, and the red metallic is only for the RS and not available for the SV.

Not sure if it will be brought into Singapore but there is an in-built rear camera for both SV and RS, using the 8" touch screen in the middle of the dashboard.

From what I gathered from Honda Singapore website, those you listed for RS for Thai market is exactly what is offered in the RS trim Kah brought in. Interestingly, Kah equipped the SV with LED headlights as well, both trims seem to use the 8" touchscreen with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. Main addition that local City has and Thai market one doesn't is rear air-con vents. 

The issue is that the prices are at Civic 1.6 levels, unless the advertised $13k off for booking this new City really holds true, I see little reason to get this over the Civic. 

Edited by Thecarboy302
  • Praise 1

14 hours ago, Thecarboy302 said:

From what I gathered from Honda Singapore website, those you listed for RS for Thai market is exactly what is offered in the RS trim Kah brought in. Interestingly, Kah equipped the SV with LED headlights as well, both trims seem to use the 8" touchscreen with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. Main addition that local City has and Thai market one doesn't is rear air-con vents. 

The issue is that the prices are at Civic 1.6 levels, unless the advertised $13k off for booking this new City really holds true, I see little reason to get this over the Civic. 

Yes, the SV does not have LED headlights in Thailand.

The price differential is kept between the City and the Civic in Thailand which is good.

Likely considering the SV at B665000 vs B874000 for the cheapest Civic though the Civic is a 1.8. Thats a big leap.

On 7/9/2020 at 3:59 PM, Spring said:

Just saw price list of new Honda City in sgcarmart.

$92k and $95k n only $1k cheaper than the Civic 1.6l. Admittedly it's a new model but how to sell at this pricing?

https://www.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/pricelist/13/2020-07-09.pdf

Why is there a price increase? In march when i book my Jazz RS w/o LX, it costs $84k. But when i look at the updated pricing as of today, it costs $88k!!

Thought economy not doing well? 

Supersonic
17 minutes ago, new_user1988 said:

Why is there a price increase? In march when i book my Jazz RS w/o LX, it costs $84k. But when i look at the updated pricing as of today, it costs $88k!!

Car price follow COE price not economy situation. Even economy is having recession also doesnt affect the car price if the coe is high. Lol. 

• Praise 1

i remember during april 2016 which  COE $47K,Honda City price around $94K vs Altis Standard $110K. Now Coe $33K, New Honda City $91K vs Altis Standard $94K

if really price $91K, i think really too pricey..

23 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Car price follow COE price not economy situation. Even economy is having recession also doesnt affect the car price if the coe is high. Lol. 

Thanks for the clarification bro. Appreciate it.

47 minutes ago, new_user1988 said:

This is an all new model with new features (more airbags amongst others), specs and possibly higher OMV (I assume).

I'm not trying to justify the increase just explaining possible reasons for the increase but personally I don't agree n find it too high. Price is very near the 1.6l Civic and compared to the Vios, it's pricey. Let's see if this City can sell or not.

• Praise 3

1 hour ago, 13177 said:

1 hour ago, new_user1988 said:

Thanks for the clarification bro. Appreciate it.

Maybe there are a lot of rich people in Singapore.  If there are 120k  millionaires in singapore who buy only one car every ten years, they will be taking up an average of 1000 bids every single month. And that is assuming they dont change cars every few years..

So not impossible. It's just only people like @Throttle2 or @Enye would know about them.

↡ Advertisement