Tyre puncture

Neutrino

Just about to take my sil to A&E and see that my nearside rear tyre is flat.

So she has to go to A&E by taxi.

I change the tyre which is so much heavier than they used to be, and see there is a nail/screw through the tyre right vertically and in the center of the tread.  Car has only done 5000Km.

Bit suspicious I'm thinking especially as for the last three or more years some nutter in this HDB block has been throwing NTUC bags of smelly rubbish underneath cars.

Anyway two questions:

- do the AAS come out to a HDB car park to change a tyre??

- Is there a good tyre repair place close to Clementi central??

Thanks.

↡ Advertisement

1 hour ago, Neutrino said:

Just about to take my sil to A&E and see that my nearside rear tyre is flat.

So she has to go to A&E by taxi.

I change the tyre which is so much heavier than they used to be, and see there is a nail/screw through the tyre right vertically and in the center of the tread.  Car has only done 5000Km.

Bit suspicious I'm thinking especially as for the last three or more years some nutter in this HDB block has been throwing NTUC bags of smelly rubbish underneath cars.

Anyway two questions:

- do the AAS come out to a HDB car park to change a tyre??

- Is there a good tyre repair place close to Clementi central??

Thanks.

Change to your spare.

Then drive to any tyre shop they will help you patch.

Clementi side you can go to Toh Guan (a lot of shops there) or Upper Bukit Timah (also a lot of shops + autobacs)

AAS website only says they will help you change to spare, don't think their van have expertise and air pump to help to to patch and then inflate back.

• Praise 3

11 hours ago, t0y0ta said:

Change to your spare.

Clementi side you can go to Toh Guan (a lot of shops there) or Upper Bukit Timah (also a lot of shops + autobacs)

AAS website only says they will help you change to spare, don't think their van have expertise and air pump to help to to patch and then inflate back.

Thanks.

I only want AAS to change the wheel and not do any repair.

The weight of these larger dimension rin wheels really ups the weight.

is Good be a member of AAS which can provide you 24 hours.

as for some car the Wheels and tires are really big and heavy , let the Expert do the job is best,

as for Tire punctured repair best is get the  Right Professional workshop to do the Proper and only recommended and Approved Internal Repair ( that's meant the Mech has to separate the tire from your Wheel to inspect internally for any hidden injury or Damaged.   

just MHO

• Praise 2

Speaking as AA member who have used their road side assistance.

When you call AA for assistance, first they'll ask if you have a spare tyre. If so, they will change your flat to the spare when they reach your location.

After inspection of the flat tyre and if any foreign object is found embedded, if the mechanic wants to earn some spare cash, some will offer to help u patch (using the worm) for a nominal fee (this varies by should be in the range of $10-15, saving you a trip to the tyre shop). This is frowned upon by AA and if they go by the book, the mechanic aren't allowed to do it as there have been complaints when the "worm" wasn't put in properly and the patched tyre leaked a few days later.

The waiting time can be ridiculous during peak hour, personal experience, I have kena a flat at 6pm, placed the call and the truck only came at 8pm, a good 2 hours later, YMMV.

• Praise 1

On 11/25/2019 at 9:31 PM, t0y0ta said:

Change to your spare.

AA road side assistance does have battery run compressor that is able to inflate your tyre.

I had my flat inflated to 250kPa to get to a tyre shop in order to remove an embedded nail which had caused a slow leak.

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Mits_jc said:

AA road side assistance does have battery run compressor that is able to inflate your tyre.

I had my flat inflated to 250kPa to get to a tyre shop in order to remove an embedded nail which had caused a slow leak.

Thanks, but will AAS change a tyre if the car is in HDB multi storey car park?

50 minutes ago, StreamRSZ said:

why dont you check out AAS website or call them to check?

Good idea, but thought MCF would have the answer quicker.

1 hour ago, Neutrino said:

Good idea, but thought MCF would have the answer quicker.

The customer service will ask whether if your vehicle is in MSCP or open air car park, so long as there is space/clearance for the mechanic to work in and not cause any obstruction to traffic moving in/out, up/down of the CP, I don't see why they wouldn't.

• Praise 1

21 hours ago, Mits_jc said:

Speaking as AA member who have used their road side assistance.

When you call AA for assistance, first they'll ask if you have a spare tyre. If so, they will change your flat to the spare when they reach your location.

After inspection of the flat tyre and if any foreign object is found embedded, if the mechanic wants to earn some spare cash, some will offer to help u patch (using the worm) for a nominal fee (this varies by should be in the range of $10-15, saving you a trip to the tyre shop). This is frowned upon by AA and if they go by the book, the mechanic aren't allowed to do it as there have been complaints when the "worm" wasn't put in properly and the patched tyre leaked a few days later.

The waiting time can be ridiculous during peak hour, personal experience, I have kena a flat at 6pm, placed the call and the truck only came at 8pm, a good 2 hours later, YMMV.

IF Go by the Book , many many favour can not be done 

now you revealed the FAvor or Extra service offered and some fee are charged which may not be allow in the BOOK

19 hours ago, Neutrino said:

Yes, they do come to HDB multi-story car park.

I even got experienced of AAS coming to help me change a punctured tyre in shopping centre underground car park.

• Praise 1

On 11/27/2019 at 8:25 PM, Neutrino said:

I supposed so long their recuse vehicle can reach means they can help.

only problem had seen video the Tow Truck driver tow the broke down vehicles from Multi storey car park is Really Super Driver ,super skill

Supercharged

I noticed the rear left tire pressure is 20kpa lower than others since 2 days ago

just found this

20230513_004828.thumb.jpg.01f569960c1ac8b68171a485dabf9d60.jpg

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 3

Morning drive kid to school felt steering heavier.

TPMS alarm came on.

Stopped within carpark and confirmed front left tyre flat.

Tyres are runflat, so can still run. Proceed to send kid to school, short journey.

Came back home and pumped up. There is leak but v slow.

Visual checked, and found the root cause, see photo. It is a screw, about 2cm long punched in. the tail end is not sharp but blunt type. So I must have ran over it at high speed somewhere yesterday.

Advice: If the leak is slow enough, you could still pump and straight away drive to tyre shop. I itchy hand go and unscrew it out. The leak is alot higher now. But since runflat, i will still drive to shop later today to change.

Tyre puncture.jpg

• Praise 4

On 5/17/2023 at 9:24 AM, Columbian78 said:

TPMS alarm came on.

Tyres are runflat, so can still run. Proceed to send kid to school, short journey.

Visual checked, and found the root cause, see photo. It is a screw, about 2cm long punched in. the tail end is not sharp but blunt type. So I must have ran over it at high speed somewhere yesterday.

Advice: If the leak is slow enough, you could still pump and straight away drive to tyre shop. I itchy hand go and unscrew it out. The leak is alot higher now. But since runflat, i will still drive to shop later today to change.

Tyre puncture.jpg

Just keep below 80kmh

• Praise 3

On 5/17/2023 at 9:24 AM, Columbian78 said:

TPMS alarm came on.

Tyre puncture.jpg

Never pull out these screws. It will make more room for air / N2 to escape.

RF would be written next to tyre size. Please ensure that you have these letters. General rule for runflats are below 80kmpl and below 80km overall between puncture identified and repaired.

• Praise 3

On 5/17/2023 at 11:16 AM, Steptronic said:

Never pull out these screws. It will make more room for air / N2 to escape.

RF would be written next to tyre size. Please ensure that you have these letters. General rule for runflats are below 80kmpl and below 80km overall between puncture identified and repaired.

if all ese fails....

change car

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 3