2022 Tesla Cybertruck and the Ford Executive Challenge

Carbon82

I think this will hold the record for the ugliest car title for a long long time... @Mustank @Davidtch and other truck lover, what is your take?[rolleyes][rolleyes]

tesla_9_022400f804a6031d.jpg

tesla_24_028b01c9037f0253.jpg

tesla_1_019d00e1058703b8.jpg

tesla_01c90191040302f6.jpg

tesla_9_00d500c2049f031b.jpg

tesla_6.jpg

Tesla Cybertruck

Tesla Cybertruck is designed to have the utility of a truck and the performance of a sports car. The vehicle is built to be durable, versatile and capable, with exceptional performance both on-road and off-road. Tesla Cybertruck will come in three variants: Single Motor Rear-Wheel Drive, Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive, and Tri Motor All-Wheel Drive.

Tesla Cybertruck Specs

• Range: 500+ miles
  • 0-60 mph acceleration: <2.9 seconds
  • Towing capacity: More than 14,000 lbs
  • Payload: Up to 3,500 lbs
  • Vault length: 6.5 feet
  • Storage capacity: 100 cubic feet of exterior, lockable storage including the vault, frunk, and sail pillars.
  • Suspension: 4" in either direction
  • Touchscreen size: 17"
  • Body: Ultra-Hard 30X Cold-Rolled stainless steel. If there was something better, we'd use it.
  • Seating capacity: Up to six adults
  • Charging: Can be charged at home, at Destination Charging locations, and with our network of more than 14,000 Superchargers, including on our newest V3 technology, which is helpful for long hauls and towing.
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 7
  • Haha! 2

And what a joke during the launch event... The shattered shatter-proof glass!!:omg:

Fast forward to 7:35min for the glass shattering scene.

• Praise 5
  • Haha! 2

The sharp edges on the truck will kill more pedestrians/cyclist/pmds/jaywalkers and even lawyers/insurance agents/bankers. How much? 40K? US?

Later cant find parking lot big enough to park it.😂

Edited by Watwheels

8 hours ago, Watwheels said:

The sharp edges on the truck will kill more pedestrians/cyclist/pmds/jaywalkers and even lawyers/insurance agents/bankers. How much? 40K? US?

Later cant find parking lot big enough to park it.😂

I am wondering if the production version will have a less radical design than this. Price starts from US$39.9K (single motor) to US$69.9K (tri motor), and another US$7K for full self driving.[crazy]

QQ01Rnj.jpg

ION4m0s.jpg

csa5McJ.jpg

8 hours ago, Davidtch said:

Can go through water ponding or not?

Nothing mentioned about it so far, but if other Tesla can survive flooding condition (just do a search on the web and you can find videos of water crossing video), this cybertruck should.

1 hour ago, Voodooman said:

It is not a concept car, i read.

2.9s century sprint, i can overlook the design if it drives well.

Frankly, until now I still don't know if this Cybertruck is for real, as it is just to radical looking, even as a concept.

BTW, there are 3 engine variants and 2.9s century sprint is for the Tri Motor AWD version. The single motor FWD version has a century sprint of 6.9s

ENSRoIB.png

YiOWAG6.png

BJpRoLN.png

• Praise 8

9 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

I am wondering if the production version will have a less radical design than this. Price starts from US$39.9K (single motor) to US$69.9K (tri motor), and another US$7K for full self driving.[crazy]

QQ01Rnj.jpg

ION4m0s.jpg

csa5McJ.jpg

Nothing mentioned about it so far, but if other Tesla can survive flooding condition (just do a search on the web and you can find videos of water crossing video), this cybertruck should.

Frankly, until now I still don't know if this Cybertruck is for real, as it is just to radical looking, even as a concept.

BTW, there are 3 engine variants and 2.9s century sprint is for the Tri Motor AWD version. The single motor FWD version has a century sprint of 6.9s

ENSRoIB.png

YiOWAG6.png

BJpRoLN.png

This is the production version (Less wipers and perhaps side mirror), I read. Pretty radical design.

2.9s for USD79k is reasonable actually. If it drives well, the supercar manufacturers are going to have to work really hard.  This is ugly but cool. Lol

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Voodooman said:

It is not a concept car, i read.

2.9s century sprint, i can overlook the design if it drives well.

With 2.9s and tough outer shell, I will overlook everything! I want! So I can be emperor of the road here, no one will ever jiak me again. 😁

Except Tesla S P100d. 

Edited by Volvobrick
  • Praise 1

Internal Moderator

Ford executive challenges Tesla Cybertruck to pickup tug of war

source: https://www.foxnews.com/auto/ford-tesla-cybertruck-pickup-tug-of-war]

Ford wants a rematch.

As part of its Cybertruck debut, Tesla released a video of the pickup “beating” a Ford F-150 in a tug of war as it pulled it up a hill, but several analyses of the video suggest it wasn’t a fair fight.

The Drive points out that the Ford is an STX model equipped with a turbocharged V8 rated at 325 hp and 400 lb-ft of torque that appears to be operating in rear-wheel drive and is pointed downhill, which reduces the weight on its rear tires and the maximum traction they can provide.

Meanwhile, the Cybertruck prototype has larger tires with bigger contact patches and could be equipped with all-wheel drive, more powerful electric motors and more weight than the F-150, although Tesla hasn’t released the exact specifications of the vehicle used in the clip.

ford-tow.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

Automotive News reports that Ford Vice President Sunny Madra, who heads up the company’s mobility venture arm Ford X, has challenged Elon Musk to send a Cybertruck over for an “apples to apples” test against an evenly matched F-Series truck.

It’s not clear if Madra was referring to the prototype electric F-150 Ford has demonstrated by pulling a train that weighs more than 1 million pounds.

ford-1.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

Elon Musk has not yet responded to the challenge, but the pinned tweet at the top of his Twitter account is a photo of the Cybertruck with the caption: “Better truck than an F-150, faster than a Porsche 911.”

• Praise 1

The F-150 is already a big pickup truck. Locally I think there are some Ford Ranger on our roads. This is how it size up against the F-150.

f-150-vs-ranger.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

The Tesla one looks even larger.

Edited by Watwheels

2 hours ago, Beregond said:

from report got alot of booking already .

but i wonder how good its offroad capability is

In America, buy pickup to look MACHO.  Not for offroad.

Even offroad, it is mainly dirt and sand.

7 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

with bulletproof window?

Q2MPXLAOJUI6VACUFCNO63RYUM.jpg

its touted as bullet proof … not big ball bearing proof mah … 🤣

btw, I have seen a pickup with bullet proof windows before … and damn … those window panels are about 1 " thick !!

↡ Advertisement